Home Stamps Forum
Options

USPS Commerative Stamp Year Book

Anybody know what the 1st year of issue was? Thanks

Comments

• Options
    I can't remember but I suspect it was sometime in the 90's. I used to be a member of the USPS Commemorative Stamp CLUB where they sent you an album, stamps and sheets for each year for a certain price back in the 1980's. I have 3or 4 of those little albums with pages in em that I have thought about just removing the stamps and putting them in my regular album but just can't bring myself to tear them apart like that. I noticed that the yearbook became a regular in the USA Philatelic shortly after they stopped the other program. I guess the closest thing to it now is the Standing Order Program. I can't afford that anymore, there are just too many issues to keep up with. Have never purchased the Stamp Yearbook, I expect it's nice, but again, too expensive for me(64.95 this year).
  • Options
    '77 or so. It was just a folder and not a book at that point though. Check ebay.

Here's the 77 - I don't remember ever seeing a 76.

1977 Commemorative Stamp Collection
  • Options
    I thought the commem sets began in about 68?? I remember buying them at post offices in 1980 at the age of 16. I found 75, 76, 77, 78, and 79 at POs in the North Jersey area.

We are talking about the year sets, right?
    At 47, I'm wondering why I'm one of the youngest people at stamp shows!!!!!
  • Options
    Well, the lady at the PO...who asked me to find out and works there...has them
    back to about 74-75.
  • Options
    For some reason I also thought it may have been 74, but I thought I saw a '68 on eBay a few years back. A mostly black-ish cover?????????
    At 47, I'm wondering why I'm one of the youngest people at stamp shows!!!!!