Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

Just finished my second set. Last one was a toughie.

Just finished my 1972 Pirates Team set in PSA 8 or better. The last card #228 was a toughie. I am focused on getting my 61 Pirates team set done this year as I only need 3 cards of which 1 is tough (Game 1 WS card).

1972 Team Set
Currently completing the following registry sets: Cardinal HOF's, 1961 Pittsburgh Pirates Team, 1972 Pittsburgh Pirates Team, 1980 Pittsburgh Pirates Team, Bill Mazeroski Master & Basic Sets, Roberto Clemente Master & Basic Sets, Willie Stargell Master & Basic Sets and Terry Bradshaw Basic Set

Comments

• Options
    scotgrebscotgreb Posts: 808 ✭✭✭
    Well done Jason . . . my favorite team from my favorite set.

Scott
  • Options
    MorgothMorgoth Posts: 3,950 ✭✭✭
    Thanks! I have a PSA 7 1969 O-Pee-Chee Clemente if interested for your master set.
    Currently completing the following registry sets: Cardinal HOF's, 1961 Pittsburgh Pirates Team, 1972 Pittsburgh Pirates Team, 1980 Pittsburgh Pirates Team, Bill Mazeroski Master & Basic Sets, Roberto Clemente Master & Basic Sets, Willie Stargell Master & Basic Sets and Terry Bradshaw Basic Set
  • Options
    Awesome job...Congrats!!!
    The Link below will take you to the PSA Boards 1952 Set Build, I also have made 5 slideshows each slideshow is 100 cards long, card numbers 1-99,100-199,200-299,300-399, and 400-407
    Link To Scanned 1952 Topps Cards Set is now 90% Complete Plus Slideshows of the 52 Set
  • Options
    Hey thanks, long time no hear, glad to see you here.
  • Options
    Congrats Jason-
    I completed the '72 set in NM (raw) about 15 years ago. Interestingly, the last card to complete that set was #229- I had the hardest time finding that card in NM condition, and this was in the era of lots of card shows and plenty (actually mostly) non-graded stuff. I just could never seem to find card #229 in NM condition. I finally bought a slightly O/C one just to complete the set.
    Rob
    Interested primarily in:
    -Topps Dodgers cards in PSA 9, 1952-1979
    -1971 Topps in PSA 9
  • Options
    Jason-
    I just looked at the Pop report for card #229, and it looks like that should not be a difficult card. I'm curious- do you recall having any difficulty in finding that card in PSA 8? I just remember looking forever for that card and not being able to find it.
    Interested primarily in:
    -Topps Dodgers cards in PSA 9, 1952-1979
    -1971 Topps in PSA 9
  • Options
    228 and 230 were my toughest cards. I can't remember having a hard time with 229 but the WS cards I found last along with the Pagan IA card but I don't recall 229 being tougher than any of the other WS cards besides 228 and 230.
  • Options
    calaban7calaban7 Posts: 3,002 ✭✭✭
    Nice jobimage
    " In a time of universal deceit , telling the truth is a revolutionary act " --- George Orwell
  • Options
    BPorter26BPorter26 Posts: 3,499 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Great Job. I love that there are still Pirate fans out there. Go Bucs
    "EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY IT SAYS IT RIGHT THERE ON THE WALL" - JACKIE MOON
  • Options
    In a way I almost hope they contract the team as we will never be good again with current owners/baseball people we have. Look at the shame we brought to ourselves just trying to sign our #1 pick. We shipped out every good player but 1 last year and ruined all of our good pitchers from the year before. I would almost rather live in memory of the teams of past then face this crap every year.
  • Options
    acowaacowa Posts: 945 ✭✭
    The 1961 Gibbon is pretty tough in PSA 8 as well. If you found one cheap...you got a deal. It can run almost as much as the Virdon Makes the Catch WS card.