Home Sports Talk
Options

Indians sign Pavano - secure central division title

alnavmanalnavman Posts: 4,129 ✭✭✭
New central division champs

Comments

• Options
    DavidPuddyDavidPuddy Posts: 3,483 ✭✭✭
    I'd be surprised is he wins a spot in the starting rotation.
    "The Sipe market is ridiculous right now"
    CDsNuts, 1/9/15
  • Options
    MorgothMorgoth Posts: 3,950 ✭✭✭
    I'll be surprised if he doesn't pull a butt muscle 2 days into spring training stepping out of his shower and miss 1/2 the season.
    Currently completing the following registry sets: Cardinal HOF's, 1961 Pittsburgh Pirates Team, 1972 Pittsburgh Pirates Team, 1980 Pittsburgh Pirates Team, Bill Mazeroski Master & Basic Sets, Roberto Clemente Master & Basic Sets, Willie Stargell Master & Basic Sets and Terry Bradshaw Basic Set
  • Options
    pressure is off him, he will win between 10-15 games for tribe, lead them to the central division title, win comeback player of year, and prove that pitching out of NY is easier than pitching in NY. IN meantime CC loses first five games, loses mind and complains of sore arm...NY media eats it up, front page material...

just so every knows this contributer lives in Parma, which is right outside of Cleveland.....GO TRIBE!!!!!!
  • Options
    Optimism.
    I had it for Millwood, I had it for Byrd, but I don't have it for Pavano.
    I think Anthony Reyes, and Sowers will win the final two spots in the rotation.

I hope you're right.
    10-15 wins out of Pavano means that the Tribe wins the division.

CDsNuts, 1/9/15
  • Options
    my comments were a little tongue in cheek but if Pavano at least pitches decent I think the Indians win the division. It is hard being an Indians fan sometimes when they don't spend the money. What the Indians do need is to have Lee have a "normal" season, say between 12-18 wins, Carmona to bounce back and win about the same and like you said have one of the other pitchers come through. I think they will score runs and also solved the bullpen mess from last year....time will tell.
  • Options
    baseballfanbaseballfan Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭
    i think its a decent pick up for them, there is no option year so 1 year and see what happens, if nothing else he is insurance if someone gets hurt.
    Fred

collecting RAW Topps baseball cards 1952 Highs to 1972. looking for collector grade (somewhere between psa 4-7 condition). let me know what you have, I'll take it, I want to finish sets, I must have something you can use for trade.

looking for Topps 71-72 hi's-62-53-54-55-59, I have these sets started

• Options
    no pressure on him at all. what are they paying him>? chump change i hope. He was always an extremely talented pitcher; just never worth the money the Yankees paid him, especially given his impressive injury resume.
  • Options
    MCMLVToppsMCMLVTopps Posts: 4,619 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Alnavman

So, a pitcher who has a 4-year record with the Yankee's that is beyond dismal, is now gonna be the savior of the Indians? And, you claim that because of his acquisition your team will win the AL Central Division?

I think you are in for one helluva let down! One injury laden player does not make a team a winner...check his past performance.

One thing you wrote is correct "it's hard being an Indian's fan".

IRRATIONAL EXUBERANCE
  • Options
    I think its going to be a lot harder to be a Red Sox fan this year. Coming in 3rd behind Tampa Bay and The Skankees.

I hope Penny works out for you guys this year; he was dismal last season. in 02' and 04' he missed 1/3 of his starts. His greatest success has come in a pitchers paradise and he is coming off multiple injuries.

for the money Pavano may turn out to be quite a bargain, if not no big deal.
  • Options

<< <i>Alnavman

So, a pitcher who has a 4-year record with the Yankee's that is beyond dismal, is now gonna be the savior of the Indians? And, you claim that because of his acquisition your team will win the AL Central Division?

I think you are in for one helluva let down! One injury laden player does not make a team a winner...check his past performance.

One thing you wrote is correct "it's hard being an Indian's fan".

IRRATIONAL EXUBERANCE >>

He said that his comments were tongue in cheek, chilllll.
  • Options
    Don't worry Goot, I don't listen to Red Sox fans.....or Yankee fans for that matter.....let's see now Indians competing all year for the division title versus listening to the Red Sox fans cry in their beers because they are 3rd or 4th in their division. I'll stick with my Indians who I have rooted for since 1952 thru good and bad.
  • Options
    BigDaddyBowmanBigDaddyBowman Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭

<< <i>just so every knows this contributer lives in Parma, which is right outside of Cleveland.....GO TRIBE!!!!!! >>

----------------------------------------------------------------

And most notably..Al lives about a minute from the "BigDaddy" of Bowman football!

Hey Al....will I see you at the Valley Forge/Parma game Friday Night??
  • Options
    MCMLVToppsMCMLVTopps Posts: 4,619 ✭✭✭✭✭
    my comments were a little tongue in cheek but if Pavano at least pitches decent I think the Indians win the division.

Tongue in cheek? Seems to me you are still hanging your season hopes on Pavano as you claim above. Most he's gonna win is maybe 10 games, given his injury history, methinks less. So, how is Pavano gonna impact the other 152 +/- games, enabling your hapless Indians to win anything?

BTW, I suspect the Red Sox will have a better season ending performance than the Indians. See you in Fenway.
  • Options

<< <i>Tongue in cheek? Seems to me you are still hanging your season hopes on Pavano as you claim above. Most he's gonna win is maybe 10 games, given his injury history, methinks less. So, how is Pavano gonna impact the other 152 +/- games, enabling your hapless Indians to win anything? >>

What a poor attempt to get under our skin. Remember, we're INDIANS FANS we have the thickest skin in the universe.

<< <i>Hey Al....will I see you at the Valley Forge/Parma game Friday Night?? >>

Stop by Ron Mottl field for me. I miss that place.
    CDsNuts, 1/9/15
  • Options
    goose3goose3 Posts: 11,471 ✭✭✭
    Travis Hafner needs his walking papers.
  • Options
    JackWESQJackWESQ Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭
    Carl Pavano, spectacular career? No way. 66-66 career record with a 4.32 E.R.A. But you might be surprised to learn that he's earned $46,562,500.00 in his career. Wow.

/s/ JackWESQ
  • Options

Stop by Ron Mottl field for me. I miss that place. >>

Did you play at CCC?

I just inducted Mr. Mottl into our athletic hall of fame last year. He was a pitcher at Notre Dame after graduating from Parma.
  • Options

<< <i>Travis Hafner needs his walking papers. >>

The good thing is we have a few options if he stinks.
    Garko, V-Mart, and Shoppach can all take turns at DH.
    CDsNuts, 1/9/15
  • Options

<< <i>

Stop by Ron Mottl field for me. I miss that place. >>

Did you play at CCC?

I just inducted Mr. Mottl into our athletic hall of fame last year. He was a pitcher at Notre Dame after graduating from Parma. >>

Ryan, I'll be at the game this friday.....make sure you are there for the freshman game, my son has been playing, has even started 4 of their 5 games so far...freshman game starts at 4. CCC is right up the street from big daddy and I...in fact I used to play coed softball on their diamonds...man that place has changed since I went to college there in the early 70's. Crile Hospital for those who remember...old WWII facility. it was an awesome one story wooden structure that housed Cuyahoga Community College for many years before they built the new facility....
  • Options

<< <i>Did you play at CCC? >>

Yep, 98, and 99. Transfered to Akron and played there 00, and 01.
    CDsNuts, 1/9/15
  • Options
    The baseball diamond at CCC is nice. Don't know if Valley Forge plays there but they should. I may find out this spring since my son is considering playing. Overall CCC is a nice facility for a junior college.
  • Options

<< <i>The baseball diamond at CCC is nice. Don't know if Valley Forge plays there but they should. I may find out this spring since my son is considering playing. Overall CCC is a nice facility for a junior college. >>

No Valley Forge does not play there. CCC does not coperate much in regards to facilites with the Parma Schools. Forge plays behind the high school and at Nike.
  • Options

<< <i>Overall CCC is a nice facility for a junior college >>

When I played there the infield surface was the nicest of any JC we played on. Better than Akron's infield, and better then many D1 infields.
    CDsNuts, 1/9/15
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>The baseball diamond at CCC is nice. Don't know if Valley Forge plays there but they should. I may find out this spring since my son is considering playing. Overall CCC is a nice facility for a junior college. >>

No Valley Forge does not play there. CCC does not coperate much in regards to facilites with the Parma Schools. Forge plays behind the high school and at Nike. >>

Sounds like Parma Ryan......do they play at State Road park or behind the school. HOpefullly it's State Road, the diamond behind the school isn't the greatest. al. See you at the game tonight.
  • Options
    Hey, how about some spring training action. +1 for MLB network.
    CDsNuts, 1/9/15
  • Options
    be nice if Pavano returns to his Pre Yankee self and wins 10 games image
  • Options
    Well, they've started spring training and so far Pavano hasn't hurt himself....like I said healthly means about 12-15 wins with the Tribe's offense. By the way Ryan, why did your freshman team have to beat up on my son's team so bad....I realize they lost to my kids team the first time but they showed no mercy.
  • Options
    Mujica needs to go....he sucked last year and showed again yesterday that he still sucks.