4 Japanese coins
1 5 Pesatas Spanish coin
1 $5 Mexican coin

+ many Canadian and Mexican coins.

Time required: 639 Hours - 264 outtings

Comments

• Options
    marymmarym Posts: 713
    In late December of 2007 I decided to track, for 2008, the amount of loose change I was finding at my local car wash. I knew it would probably be at least $20-$30.00, and I also knew I'd probably forget to log some of the finds, but the final tally surprised me! Over the course of the year I picked up a total of $107.75! In all of that change I found 7 wheaties and 1 war nickel. I also found lots of kiddie playland tokens and plastic coins from games. With the economy being in the sad state it's in, I wonder if people will now find it worth while to bend over and pick what they drop?
    Time will tell image ~Mary
    Be Still and Know
  • Options
  • Options
    Mary - you found all that at a Car Wash? No MDing????? What kind of car wash? I thought it payed to wash your car yourself! Rich
  • Options
    Rich, the car wash I go to has those self-wash and vac areas. I usually will take the time to walk around the areas and at least look for dropped change. The way I see it, if others can't be bothered to bend over and pick up those coins, it's their lose and my gain!
    (BTW, sometimes I just stop there and don't even bother with the wash or vac, just take a quick look for loose change!)
    Be Still and Know
  • Options
    That's a good chunk of change Rocketman.

So Mary, are you going to put that picked up money toward a new machine?

G Man
    imageimageimage
  • Options
    Gary, I'm thinking about it!! It's easy not to give it much serious thought right now, the ground is completely frozen and will be until mid April. image -Mary
    Be Still and Know
  • Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Smokin'........ great finds Mary.... super ... Cheers, RickO