Home PCGS Set Registry Forum
Options

New New Year's Resolution

Well, last years resolution did not do so well, Complete Nickel Set.

Since I know I have NO FOCUS, I will be working on my 1936-Present Mint Set as the primary set with the Complete Cent Set secondary.
Actually, just the small cents, not the large cents.

As a point of reference:
I am currently at 94.97% complete & need 47 of the 935 coins for the Mint Set. The numbers will rise & my percentage decrease once the 2008 coins are listed, but hope to have those soon.
I currently have 263 Small Cents, but have quite a few to send in! image

Anyone else have numismatic New Year's resolutions for 2009?

Comments

• Options
    ChrisRxChrisRx Posts: 5,619 ✭✭✭✭
    Yes, get back into proof IHC's after I sell most of them to help pay for another numismatic purchase(s)
  • Options
    1. I am hoping to add 3 or 4 early, seated, or trade dollars to my dollar collection.
    2. Continue to fill holes in my half dollar collection with inexpensive widgets.
  • Options
    It would be too easy to pledge finishing my Morgan mint mark set, as all I need is a D. (Wow; which year should I look for?) My plan is to focus more on quality than quantity, so rather than resolving to finish any particular set, I'll instead focus on quality--vague, nonspecific, quality. With a gold type set in the works, just about any member would qualify, except Liberties and Indians, in which anything MS62 or better, or any date other than the most common, would qualify. So, Maybe: Add any Four towards the gold set.
    Improperly Cleaned, Our passion for numismatics is Genuine! Now featuring correct spelling.
  • Options
    ajiaajia Posts: 5,400 ✭✭✭
    sonoranmonsoon,

I have a 1969-S Kennedy PR69DCAM Widget you might be interested.....not quite sure if it fits your definition of 'inexpensive'....maybe a trade? image
  • Options

<< <i>sonoranmonsoon,

I have a 1969-S Kennedy PR69DCAM Widget you might be interested.....not quite sure if it fits your definition of 'inexpensive'....maybe a trade? image >>

Thanks, but I don't collect proofs (at least not yet).
  • Options
    JBdimesJBdimes Posts: 91 ✭✭
    I have picked the 25 coins I am going to focus on acquiring for the year, this should help keep me on track!

• Options
    WaterSportWaterSport Posts: 6,711 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sounds like a plan. I Think I will slow down a bit this year, Get some missing rolls, and finish my IHC. BTW Ajia. I was up and down Ventura way this past two weeks but too damn busy to hook up with you. In a year, I may be retired and living in Santa Barbara so I am sure we can hook up regularly then.

WS
    Proud recipient of the coveted PCGS Forum "You Suck" Award Thursday July 19, 2007 11:33 PM and December 30th, 2011 at 8:50 PM.
  • Options
    ajiaajia Posts: 5,400 ✭✭✭
    WS, that's great.

Working for the L.A. Times, owned by 'Tribune', I too might be 'retired' in a year. imageimage
  • Options
    yevrahyevrah Posts: 143 ✭✭
    My biggest resolution is to start NO NEW sets in 2009. Work on those already started only!image
    yevrah/harvey

ebay ID: 78terp
    ANA # R-3143946

1899 Mint Set
  • Options
    I would love to get some nice PCGS proff sets in the works and get a dang 16-d merc .
  • Options
    LeeBoneLeeBone Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can`t say I`m going to live up to it...but, I`d like to thin out my collection by starting with my widgets and focusing on more of the rarer coins.

I know that they`re widgets but it will still be hard to part with lots of `em. image

• Options
    I'm going to complete my published basic Lincoln set. It hasn't been 100% complete since 2003. I'll probably submit some 1982 varieties for crossover and variety review and finish that part of my major varieties set. I'm not sure if I'll make one more attempt to cross the last two major Lincoln varieties in my possession, they appear to be correctly graded in NGC plastic.

David
  • Options
    JBdimesJBdimes Posts: 91 ✭✭
    So far, so good.

I have purchased 5/25 coins on my 2009 WANT TO BUY list.... and no others!!!!