Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Picked up this PSA 10 for 20 bucks today.

I think this was a decent pickup for $20..opinions??

-Claude

Comments

• Options
    VitoCo1972VitoCo1972 Posts: 6,127 ✭✭✭
    Sure, if you're a Doug Rau collector image
  • Options
    I like the rough cut edge on GEM MINT card. I like it on all cards but on a 10 you know it isn't considered a fault.
  • Options
    lawnmowermanlawnmowerman Posts: 19,477 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I like the rough cut edge on GEM MINT card. I like it on all cards but on a 10 you know it isn't considered a fault. >>

Me too.

It gives it character just like the roaches did that chewed on the sides of my Fleer Ryne Sandberg RC when I was a kid.

True story lol
  • Options
    for an OPC that gem mint image
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>I like the rough cut edge on GEM MINT card. I like it on all cards but on a 10 you know it isn't considered a fault. >>

Me too.

It gives it character just like the roaches did that chewed on the sides of my Fleer Ryne Sandberg RC when I was a kid.

True story lol >>

Ha ha ... you had a Ryne Sandberg as a kid ... you young whipper snapper Matt !

I'm so old I had Ty Cobb rookie as a kid image
  • Options
    ArchStantonArchStanton Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭
    Ha ha ... you had a Ryne Sandberg as a kid ... you young whipper snapper Matt !

He had a Sandberg as a kid. He also had roaches, and tough ones at that.

I just want to thank Matt for painting that Norman Rockwell before I go out to dinner. Happy New Year!

edited to add: Nice catch on the card, Claude.
    Collector of 1976 Topps baseball for some stupid reason.
    Collector of Pittsburgh Pirates cards for a slightly less stupid reason.
    My Pirates Collection
  • Options
    calaban7calaban7 Posts: 3,002 ✭✭✭
    I think I might have had a Moses RC as a kid.
    " In a time of universal deceit , telling the truth is a revolutionary act " --- George Orwell
  • Options
  • Options
    DavidPuddyDavidPuddy Posts: 3,483 ✭✭✭
    There are two people buying up the 78 OPC PSA 10's right now. We both already have the Rau, that's why it went so cheap.
    Most of the commons are going for between $30 and $40.
    I think anytime you can get an OPC PSA 10 before 1983 for $20 or less you got a good deal.
    "The Sipe market is ridiculous right now"
    CDsNuts, 1/9/15
  • Options
    nam812nam812 Posts: 10,539 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If they keep selling so cheap you will not likely see many more being submitted.
  • Options

<< <i>image >>

Edited: Wednesday December 31, 2008 at 5:08 PM by nightcrawler

Chicken image
  • Options

• Options
    calaban7calaban7 Posts: 3,002 ✭✭✭
    Nice pickup on the 10. I don't have any 10's , but I have a bunch of 9's . Some have a rough cut. Others are very sharp. I have a ton of early 70's OPC's that looked like they were cut with a plastic knife. I never submitted them because I felt that the edging would drop the grade. I'm happy with them being raw, but one day may submit them.

Very nice price on a nice card.image
    " In a time of universal deceit , telling the truth is a revolutionary act " --- George Orwell
  • Options
  • Options
    sweet deal
  • Options
    MorgothMorgoth Posts: 3,950 ✭✭✭
    I picked up a 1989 Bowman Tiffany Baseball Set today sealed for $15. The guy was going out of buisness and had everything still at 150% of book but when I asked he said $15 so I took it.
    Currently completing the following registry sets: Cardinal HOF's, 1961 Pittsburgh Pirates Team, 1972 Pittsburgh Pirates Team, 1980 Pittsburgh Pirates Team, Bill Mazeroski Master & Basic Sets, Roberto Clemente Master & Basic Sets, Willie Stargell Master & Basic Sets and Terry Bradshaw Basic Set
  • Options
    mickeymantle24mickeymantle24 Posts: 2,768 ✭✭✭