Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Does PSA/DNA authenticate autos inside books?

I have a first edition paperback of the Sixteenth Round by Rubin "Hurricane" Carter (the boxer) and it is signed on the first page. I am wondering if i should get it authenticated before I try and sell it. The reprint of the book, unsigned sells for $100+ so i would think this should be worth a lot more.

-Jason

Comments

• Options
    WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭
    I believe one gets what they call a LOA.

Letter of authenticity.

Steve

Good for you.
  • Options
    I have Canseco's first book signed and PSA DNA certified with the sticker and card hologram combo thing.
    Collecting PSA graded Steve Young, Marcus Allen, Bret Saberhagen and 1980s Topps Cards.
    Raw: Tony Gonzalez (low #'d cards, and especially 1/1's) and Steve Young.
  • Options
    MBMiller25MBMiller25 Posts: 6,057 ✭✭
    Did I read that one of the grading companies is working on a slab for books? Anyone have detials on this? I just picked up an Auto'd book that I would like to protect, any suggestions?
  • Options
    DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭
    YEAH, THE SLAB COSTS $500.00

OK OK ONLY JOKING!
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • Options

<< <i>Did I read that one of the grading companies is working on a slab for books? Anyone have detials on this? I just picked up an Auto'd book that I would like to protect, any suggestions? >>

I have a signed hardback edition of DON'T KNOCK THE ROCK - the 60's autobiography of Rocky Colavito, which is signed by him and the author. Think it would be worth getting authenticated?
  • Options
    Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,351 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I bought a copy of the book - "The Mick" back in 2005 - it came with an LOA from PSA/DNA - and the corresponding sticker that they place on balls, e.g., was on the page after the signature.

Happy New Year everyone!
    mike
    Mike