Home World & Ancient Coins Forum

Yeti roll call 2009

So where did everyone disappear to this past year? Seems we have more than usual.

Askari is still in the wilderness. Haven't seen much of Danglen this year. Cosmic's been nearly MIA since selling a lot of his stuff. On and on...

C'mon, yetis! Show yourselves!

Comments

• ASUtoddASUtodd Posts: 1,312 ✭✭
    I just got back from a few month leave from the forums.... newborn will do that to ya.... although I doubt anyone missed me!!
    Todd
  • lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,194 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm a part-time Yeti. Days of excessive posting followed sometimes by up to a month or more of silence. image

Askari, wherefore art thou?

Spinaker2000... Mongoose... rhound1977...

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • AethelredAethelred Posts: 9,288 ✭✭✭
    2008 had a lot going on for me, both good and bad. I hope to have more spare time to spend here in 2009.image
    If you are in the Western North Carolina area, please consider visiting our coin shop:

WNC Coins, LLC
    1987-C Hendersonville Road
    Asheville, NC 28803

wnccoins.com
  • AvarelAvarel Posts: 143 ✭✭
    I've lurked but haven't posted I believe this year. Happy New Year Wybrit. I finally completed the Ed 3d Maundy series.....image

Av
    Chirsto duce vincamus

Pro Deo Et Patria
  • Kurt4Kurt4 Posts: 492 ✭✭
    I'm one of those that reads the boards 2-3 times a day. I just don't post very often. I hope all here had a safe and happy holiday season and will have a wonderful 2009!
  • sumnomsumnom Posts: 5,963 ✭✭✭
    Can I be a yeti too? Please?
  • ajaanajaan Posts: 17,073 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Can I be a yeti too? Please? >>

sumnom, NO! I may get some Cash coins in the future.

DPOTD-3
    'Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery'

CU #3245 B.N.A. #428

Don
  • cladkingcladking Posts: 28,306 ✭✭✭✭✭
    2008 has been a fairly sad year for this board.

Fortunately there are still plenty of bright spots and lots of quality.

Tempus fugit.
  • sumnomsumnom Posts: 5,963 ✭✭✭
    I don't think Askari is ever coming back. As I recall he had some issues regarding his travels in the Open Forum and his work.

I have never really been a yeti. Even though I don't post that much I lurk on a daily basis.
  • wybritwybrit Posts: 6,952 ✭✭✭
    Happy new year everyone. You too Av.

I have not completed my Ed VII 3d set yet. image
    Former owner, Cambridge Gate collection.
  • Hello Everybody -- I don't know if you remember me...
    Anyway, I am getting back into coins (world, mostly) after a break of a few years. It's nice to be back, and it's nice to see that my login still works.
    Life got you down? Listen to John Coltrane.
  • theboz11theboz11 Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭
    Welcome back MrFredimage

I have not seen askari on ebay either. We used to bid on the same material.image

• <<Welcome back MrFred>>

Thanks, Boz!image

I've just posted some (relatively) recent acquisitions over on this thread, at page 5
  • TwoKopeikiTwoKopeiki Posts: 9,528 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Happy New Year (today, old calendar) to all of the Darksiders. With the increased work load, I have less and less time to focus on coins. I still lurk, though image
  • MSD61MSD61 Posts: 3,382
    I've been too ashamed to show my face because I haven't taken any new pics of my newest coins. And because no one likes me here anymore HAHAHAAHAHAHA!!
    No been busy with family life son started college and my wife had to major surgeries in 2008. I also have been busy in my 3D art business illustrating two major graphic
    novels and some very, very, and I mean very, small part in some 3D animated movies building characters, texturing and prop work.

I have been de-contaminated from my yeti travels to be safe for forum use hehehehe.

• On the hobby and personal interest side of things:

I've stayed tapped into coin collecting -- I go to the local coin club, which meets once a month. I'm like one of about two or three people there who do world and ancient coins, at all. I just feel a need to get back into it in a more focused manner, these days.

I've also gotten back into bicycling in a big way. I staff our local bicycle co-operative on Thursday evenings, and I am pretty active over on the Fixed Gear Gallery forum under the same handle ('mrfred'). On the FGG itself (a WONDERFUL website), you can view two of my bikes: the Browning and the Thistle.