Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

United States Mint 2009 District of Columbia & U.S. Territories Quarters Proof Set™ on sale Jan.

GoldbullyGoldbully Posts: 16,866 ✭✭✭✭✭
Are you buying???

The United States Mint 2009 District of Columbia and U.S. Territories Quarters Proof Set contains six new quarter-dollar coins honoring the District of Columbia and the five U.S. territories. Enjoy the unique character of the District of Columbia, the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico, Guam, American Samoa, the U.S. Virgin Islands and the Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands as portrayed on these beautiful works of art. These coins are a shining embodiment of the United States Mint?s commitment to quality and excellence.

United States Mint proof coins are extraordinarily brilliant, with sharp relief and a mirror-like background. Their frosted, sculpted foregrounds give them a special cameo effect. Proof blanks are specially treated, polished and cleaned to ensure high quality strikes. The blanks are then fed into presses fitted with specially polished dies and struck at least twice to ensure sharp relief. The coins are then packaged in a protective lens to showcase and maintain their exceptional finish.

This genuine United States Mint proof set is not only a timeless collectible, it also makes an impressive gift for friends and family.

Please allow approximately 1-2 weeks for shipping.

To ensure that all members of the public have fair and equal access to United States Mint products, any order placed prior to the official on-sale date and time of January 5, 2009, 12:00 Noon (ET) shall not be deemed accepted by the United States Mint and will not be honored.

Price: $14.95

Mint Link

Comments

• Options
    As a modern collector I have to admit I am kind of burned out of state quarters and mint sets. But probably towards the end of the year I will probably pick up at least the silver proof versions.
    Bottom Feeder collector, Happy collector of Moderns
  • Options
    No. Well, sort of. I'll pick up the mint set and proof sets, like I do every year, but mostly
    because I want the new Lincolns. I won't buy the set you have pictured there.
  • Options
  • Options
    Coll3ctorColl3ctor Posts: 3,314 ✭✭✭
    I'll get them but not from the US mint. I'll pick them up for less coin from the BST board or on eBay.
  • Options
    Hi Rez Proof Pics now available............

• Options
    Silver only for me.
  • Options
    I will wait and get them in the mint and proof sets.
  • Options
    jmj3esqjmj3esq Posts: 5,421
    Will another page fit in the State Quarter Dansco (P+D) album? I assume Dansco will be making another page for these coins.
  • Options
    LanLordLanLord Posts: 11,681 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Will another page fit in the State Quarter Dansco (P+D) album? I assume Dansco will be making another page for these coins. >>

They do make another page, but I was only able to get it as part of the territorial album (the single page was sold out).
  • Options
    I'm saving my money for the new vice presidential dime series and their matching clad copper second spouse $0.50 coins.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file