Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Question about a Commemorative

Hi everyone. Can someone tell the range of values for an 1893 World's Columbian Exposition Chicago, kind denoted as 'minted' by our U.S. Treasury Department? It belongs to a friend so I don't know the coin's condition, which is why I'm asking for a range of values, depeding on the condition. Thank you.

Comments

• Options
    They can range up into several hundred dollars, but most have circulated and probably have a value of $10-$15. A picture would help immensely.

Most of the Columbian coins that grade under mint state would pretty much fall into this price range, in my opinion. It is however on of my favorite commemorative designs, despite the lower value.
  • Options
    Steve27Steve27 Posts: 13,274 ✭✭✭
    Hi Susan, long time no see. For F-AU grades they go for $8-$15.

"It's far easier to fight for principles, than to live up to them." Adlai Stevenson
  • Options
    Thanks, gentlemen! Nice to see you, Steve. image I haven't been doing much with my coins for quite a while because our business has been really slow for almost three years now.

I'll ask the guy who owns the commen if he wants to supply a photo, but your information will be excellent for me to give to him. I own a couple of the Colubian Exposition commens myself...lol.

• Options
    lcoopielcoopie Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭✭✭
    1893 Columbian commem, from Greysheet
    xf 9/10
    ms66 1125/1250
    LCoopie = Les
  • Options
    Thanks, Koopie.

• Options
    DUIGUYDUIGUY Posts: 7,252 ✭✭✭
    Gull darn it ,, Susan! HOW the heck have you bin!!! image
    “A nation can survive its fools, and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within. An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and carries his banner openly."

- Marcus Tullius Cicero, 106-43 BC
  • Options
    Hi there DUI!!! Nice to see you!!! image I've doing pretty well, thanks. How 'bout you???

• Options
    DUIGUYDUIGUY Posts: 7,252 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Hi there DUI!!! Nice to see you!!! image I've doing pretty well, thanks. How 'bout you??? >>

I'm doing without just like allot of people! image

“A nation can survive its fools, and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within. An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and carries his banner openly."

- Marcus Tullius Cicero, 106-43 BC

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file