Home Sports Talk
Options

Charles Barkley arrested suspected drunk driving

I have to ask myself is this even a story? so common with sports figures these days but what the heck, here it is:

SCOTTSDALE, Ariz. -- Former Phoenix Suns star Charles Barkley was arrested early Wednesday morning by a Gilbert police officer on suspicion of drunken driving, investigators said.

Barkley was pulled over at about 1:30 a.m. for failure to stop at a stop sign by the officer working a DUI task force patrol in Old Town Scottsdale, one of the trendiest spots in the Phoenix area.

Barkley was detained and taken to the mobile processing command post where he was processed, cited for DUI and released, police said.

Officers did not release results of his blood alcohol level.

Comments

• Options
    Good, lock the ignorant sob up.. I can't stand the guy, the race card needs to be buried and guys like him just don't give up...
    Am I speaking Chinese?

• Options
    markj111markj111 Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭
    I love Sir Charles. If he is guilty he should pay the price, but he is one of my favorite sports figures. BTW I do not follow the NBA.
  • Options
    I USE to like the guy when he played, I am all for a guy speaking his mind I like that, but I completly disagree with the way he views racism in todays world.
    Am I speaking Chinese?

• Options
    bman90278bman90278 Posts: 3,453 ✭✭✭
    I won't make any judgement or funny comments about Sir Charles being arrested on drunk driving as I have lost a few friends due to drinking and driving fatalities. If he is guilty, then he should be sentenced like me and you would be. Either way, I sincerely wish the celebs and athletes would be smarter and have a driver when they know they will be drinking....They all can afford it and should be responsible.

Brian
  • Options
    He must not listen to his buddy Jim Rome, why didnt he call 1-800- ERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR?
    Am I speaking Chinese?

• Options
    bman90278bman90278 Posts: 3,453 ✭✭✭

<< <i> He must not listen to his buddy Jim Rome, why didnt he call 1-800- ERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR? >>

• Options
    lawnmowermanlawnmowerman Posts: 19,477 ✭✭✭✭
    Was he hanging with John Gruden, Tony Larussa or Joba Chamberlain by chance?
  • Options
    thats nothing. i was there the night he threw a guy out the window of a niteclub in downtown orlando. the cops love this guy.
  • Options
    Drunk driving laws are too lenient in our country. People should get fined 20k dollars for the first offense. 50K for the second,
    and 100K for the third. Put the money in a fund, and given to kids who lost their moms and dads from these fools.
    Those who can't afford to pay go directly to jail for six months.
  • Options

<< <i>Drunk driving laws are too lenient in our country. >>

I agree, especially in Wisconsin:

DUI is a Criminal Offense. In some states, such as Wisconsin, a DUI is NOT a criminal offense. However, almost every other State does treat DUI or DWI as a criminal offense, punishable by jail and fines.
  • Options
    stevekstevek Posts: 27,768 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Barkley no doubt about it has a bit of an appetite for destruction, basically his own.
  • Options
    If Wisconsin had strict DWI rules, the entire STATE would be in the pokey. The Sconnies are serious when it comes to drinking, I have relatives there and man, when I go there it takes me a few days for my brain to return to a normal state of soberness.

Goooooooooooo Pachkars!!!
    Am I speaking Chinese?

• Options

<< <i>If Wisconsin had strict DWI rules, the entire STATE would be in the pokey. The Sconnies are serious when it comes to drinking, i have relatives there and man, when I go there it takes me a few days for recover my brain normal state of soberness.

Goooooooooooo Pachkars!!! >>

I resemble that remark.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>If Wisconsin had strict DWI rules, the entire STATE would be in the pokey. The Sconnies are serious when it comes to drinking, i have relatives there and man, when I go there it takes me a few days for recover my brain normal state of soberness.

Goooooooooooo Pachkars!!! >>

I resemble that remark. >>

lol image
  • Options
    We have the toughest DUI laws in the country here in Arizona. Here's what happens for a first offense. I have people that work with me with ignition interlock, it is mandatory.

Jail: Range of 10 to 180 days in jail. Minimum of 10 consecutive days in jail. The court may suspend 9 of the 10 days if you agree to get an alcohol and/or drug evaluation, and submit to treatment.
    Fines & Costs:
    Aproximatey $1,800.00, plus jail costs. The more jail time that is imposed, the greater the cost.
    License:
    The MVD will suspend your drivers' license for 90 days. You may be elibible for a work/school permit after the first 30 days of the suspension.
    Counseling:
    If convicted you must get a substance abuse evaluation and comply with any recommendation or be subject to additional jail time.
    Probation:
    You may be placed on probation for up to five years.
    Community Service:
    The court may order you to perform community service in addition to any other penalty imposed.
    MADD Victims' Impact Panel:
    The court may order you to attend one or more sessions of the Mothers Against Drunk Driving Victims Impact Panel.
    Ignition Interlock Device:
    Required for 12 months.
  • Options
    i think they should have theirs cars taken away from them....

and as for sir charles..did he not realize that new years eve was in a few days???image
    my t-205's

looking for low grade t205's psa 1-2
  • Options
    PSASAPPSASAP Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭
    Seems Sir Charles was in a rush to a french lesson.