Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

The Complete Guide to Washington Quarters

Is now online. image

The author of “The Complete Guide to Washington Quarters”, published by DLRC Press in 1994. This book offers an in-depth analysis and die variety study on the series. The original book was published with 160 pages and over 225 photographs!

STELLA
Numismatic Blogs & Research Tools for the Enthusiast

The Compete Guide to Washington Quarters

Comments

• Options
    Thanks, Lee. My brother passed away this Thanksgiving, and I now have the Washington Quarters Dansco that he was working on. He had always been an accumulator of various and sundry coins and medals until he started travelling with me to local shows from Salem, VA to Charlotte, NC. Soon, he chose this series as a project. He did a remarkable job in the short time he had left, and his quest drew us closer than we had ever been before. So this series is very special to me, and I look forward to filling the few remaining blank holes and upgrades--including, of course, the '32-D. This link will be very helpful, I am sure. Again, thanks.
    We are digging the pit of Babel.
    --Franz Kafka
  • Options
    LeeGLeeG Posts: 12,162
    Hi Ken,
    Sorry to hear about your Brother passing. image The Holiday's are tough enough without having these types of concerns also. Glad to share this info with you and others.
  • Options
    kazkaz Posts: 9,069 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks, Lee. Bookmarked!
  • Options
    Very interesting.
    As some of you may have gathered now, I am very interested in the use of proofartwork on business strikes, especially clad examples.
    I eagerly looked through this book to see what I could find on this subject. Type B in clad is included. That is good. I think only the Red Book and Breen had mentioned them so far in books. The existence of Type M, the other proof artwork quarter, as usual, is not mentioned.
    The main comments on the clads were statistics on rarity attributed to Breen. Those he had gotten from me. I had alerted Breen to the M's, just before his book was published. That would have required him to renumber his coins, so he did nothing with those. I really think he would have if I had caught him earlier.
  • Options

<< <i>Thanks, Lee. My brother passed away this Thanksgiving, and I now have the Washington Quarters Dansco that he was working on. He had always been an accumulator of various and sundry coins and medals until he started travelling with me to local shows from Salem, VA to Charlotte, NC. Soon, he chose this series as a project. He did a remarkable job in the short time he had left, and his quest drew us closer than we had ever been before. So this series is very special to me, and I look forward to filling the few remaining blank holes and upgrades--including, of course, the '32-D. This link will be very helpful, I am sure. Again, thanks. >>

Are there any good coins shows in this area? I'm about an hour from Blacksburg.
  • Options
    TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 43,863 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for posting the link, Lee. Excellent numismatic information and a link worth bookmarking.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file