Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Help identify these mid 80's issues

Need help with a few. Cannot find anything after quick look through pop reports.

Thanks in advance.

Front:

Back:

Kirby Puckett Master Set

Comments

• Options
    How about this one?

Front:

Back:

Kirby Puckett Master Set
  • Options
    The last one is prolly a 90's issue now that I look at it; collector's choice is an early 90's issue as I recall.

Next up:

Front:

Back:

Kirby Puckett Master Set
  • Options
    First one is 1987 Action All Stars like it says on the back. The second was an insert for the Upper Deck drawing. Came in packs of Collectors Choice. I just can't remember what year. Check the entry deadline and that will tell you the year.
  • Options
    BunchOBullBunchOBull Posts: 6,188 ✭✭✭
    The second one is 1994 Collector's Choice Team vs. Team
    Collector of most things Frank Thomas. www.BigHurtHOF.com
  • Options
    That last one looks a lot like a TCMA card...but I don't know what it is.
  • Options
    otwcardsotwcards Posts: 5,291 ✭✭✭
    The first is a 1989 MSA Cereal Superstars card issued by Ralston Purina.

The second is a "Crash the Deck" game insert from 1994. This is similar to the Crash the Game inserts included in Hockey and Football products from the same year.

The third one a Broder (unlicensed issue) perhaps???

The fourth is a Topps Bazooka is from 1988.

The last is a 1987 Classic Yellow (Green Back).
  • Options

<< <i>The second is a "Crash the Deck" game insert from 1994. This is similar to the Crash the Game inserts included in Hockey and Football products from the same year. >>

They're actually catalogued as "Team vs. Team."
  • Options

Front:

Back:

Kirby Puckett Master Set
  • Options
    Looking at that third card again...it's an MSA card...same folks who did all the bread and popcorn issue "disc" cards.
  • Options
    I believe your scans are out of order. The first card is actually a 1989 Cereal Superstars and it's back is currently shown with the third card.
  • Options
    Last One #5

Front:

Back:

Kirby Puckett Master Set
  • Options
    Card 4 came in these....link
  • Options

<< <i>I believe your scans are out of order. The first card is actually a 1989 Cereal Superstars and it's back is currently shown with the third card. >>

That makes a lot more sense.
  • Options
    rube26105rube26105 Posts: 10,225 ✭✭
    the classic yellow is from the 87 or 88 classic board game set- i remember the 1st ones out were green, not sure about yellow
  • Options
    Yeah, the scans were out of order, fixed. Thats what I get for scanning three at a time.

THANKS a ton for the help.

Looking to sub a few oddballs for the $5 Jan. special and was unsure as I don't think these show up in the pop reports.....

Mike

Kirby Puckett Master Set
  • Options
    Card #5 is a 1987 Classic Update Yellow.
  • Options

<< <i>Card 4 came in these....link >>

Yep! That's a 1988 Bazooka.
  • Options
    Card #3 is just an oddball issue called 1987 Action Allstars. It comes from a 25 card set and beckett.com doesn't list is. It's not to be confused with the 1987 Donruss Action Allstars.
  • Options

<< <i>Card #3 is just an oddball issue called 1987 Action Allstars. It comes from a 25 card set and beckett.com doesn't list is. It's not to be confused with the 1987 Donruss Action Allstars. >>

So...no listing, no grading.

Thanks.

btw..I saw you didn't add the Smokey' Team Gantner to your master set. I'll keep an eye out for another if you need a better one for grading. My Puckett from that set needs an upgrade and I only find that issue raw.

Kirby Puckett Master Set
  • Options

<< <i>btw..I saw you didn't add the Smokey' Team Gantner to your master set. I'll keep an eye out for another if you need a better one for grading. My Puckett from that set needs an upgrade and I only find that issue raw. >>

It's in my "to be submitted" pile. I have to renew my membership and then I've got a stack of oversized cards to send in. Thanks again for that card!
  • Options
    Thanks for the help tonight.

FYI Do not submit that card if you have not already. PSA told me I cut them too well and that the sheets need to be scored and torn rathen than cut across the lines. I was told they would likey come back Ev of trim when cut like these are. I have to get a new one for my set also. I'm looking at a few sets over the next month so I'll send ya a good one for grading.

Kirby Puckett Master Set
  • Options
    Thanks for the heads up! I'll leave it in my raw collection, then. I appreciate the info.
  • Options
    #5 - is 1987 Classic Yellow Update. There were some sets that had error variation of green backs. I think about 25% of the set came out like that. I remember buying up sets for $5 just to see if I can get them and because the key cards at the time were Mark McGwire and Barry Bonds.