Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

My holiday purchases from my favorite shop, with scans & my costs added

Was saving up over the past few months for my annual visit to my favorite shop during our holiday vacation. Very pleased with these three new additions to my HOFer collection. Any guesses on how much these beauties cost me? What would you be willing to pay? I paid cash (so no tax, and obviously no s/h). Enjoy!

Guess I spent more than you guys would, the 3 cost me $2k ($500 for the Mantle, $700 for the Brooks RC and $800 for the Jackie), but I was willing to spend for the quality. SMR was $1985 and VCP was pretty close to SMR on these three (we checked in the shop). And I'm sorry, but I'm not telling where my favorite shop is!

Comments

• Holy Cow, Those are super Nice, I dont know anything about Jackie Robinson but will say you paid $450 on the Mantle (very Nice BTW) and paid $750 on the Brooks Robinson RC. Where is this shop by the way? Great cards for a shop.
  • P.S. I would kill to add that Brooks Robinson to my HOF set.
  • Love the Brooks.
  • fattymacsfattymacs Posts: 2,578 ✭✭✭
    Sharp cards, I'm glad that kinda stuff isn't in any shops around here. I couldn't afford the child support, alimony, and cards.
  • baseballfanbaseballfan Posts: 5,450 ✭✭✭
    very nice

$1250 for all of them
    Fred

collecting RAW Topps baseball cards 1952 Highs to 1972. looking for collector grade (somewhere between psa 4-7 condition). let me know what you have, I'll take it, I want to finish sets, I must have something you can use for trade.

looking for Topps 71-72 hi's-62-53-54-55-59, I have these sets started

• BlackieBlackie Posts: 1,719 ✭✭✭
    Very nice Mantle
    1964 Topps Football
  • rube26105rube26105 Posts: 10,225 ✭✭
    sweet jackie, i dont think there is a card shop here in all of wv anymore image wish there was
  • BlackieBlackie Posts: 1,719 ✭✭✭
    I was able to get this Mantle..........

1964 Topps Football
  • DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭
    AWESOME looking cards! Enjoy them ... they are real nice.

My guesses would be:

THE MICK 350 - 450
    JACKIE 700 - 800
    BROOKS 650 - 750

STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • $1500 for all three.
  • MorgothMorgoth Posts: 3,950 ✭✭✭
    If it was at a card shop I would say 1800.
    Currently completing the following registry sets: Cardinal HOF's, 1961 Pittsburgh Pirates Team, 1972 Pittsburgh Pirates Team, 1980 Pittsburgh Pirates Team, Bill Mazeroski Master & Basic Sets, Roberto Clemente Master & Basic Sets, Willie Stargell Master & Basic Sets and Terry Bradshaw Basic Set
  • nam812nam812 Posts: 10,531 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'll say $1,600 for all 3 because the guy doesn't know what VCP is, and you both haggled a little and settled on 80% of the SMR price.
  • I'd say you probably had a great Christmas afterall by only paying $1,000 for the 3.

Of course, if you paid $1,500 you still made out okay!

Regardless of price, those are some sweet cards!

Good for you! Enjoy!

PoppaJ
  • BPorter26BPorter26 Posts: 3,499 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sweet cards. Nice Brooks RC. I would say $1600 for the 3.
    "EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY IT SAYS IT RIGHT THERE ON THE WALL" - JACKIE MOON
  • Mickey71Mickey71 Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭✭
    If you got those for under $1700 you did great. The Robinson's are very well centered. My guess $1675.
  • jimradjimrad Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭
    $1350

nice purchase
    Positive transactions with: Bkritz,Bosox1976,Brick,captainthreeputt,cpettimd,craigger,cwazzy,DES1984,Dboneesq,daddymc,Downtown1974,EAsports,EagleEyeKid,fattymacs,gameusedhoop,godblessUSA,goose3,KatsCards,mike22y2k,
    MULLINS5,1966CUDA,nam812,nightcrawler,OAKESY25,PowderedH2O,relaxed,RonBurgundy,samsgirl214,shagrotn77,swartz1,slantycouch,Statman,Wabittwax
  • DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭
    Paleo,

My guess was between $1,700 - $2,000. I think what you paid was in the ballpark ... on the high side, but you got some real awesome looking cards. ENJOY THEM!
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • TJMACTJMAC Posts: 864 ✭✭
    Great cards. I say $1350 for the group.
  • Nice cards. I would say $1800.00 for the three cards.
    Collecting 1955 Topps BB
  • jimradjimrad Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭
    do we get the answer?
    Positive transactions with: Bkritz,Bosox1976,Brick,captainthreeputt,cpettimd,craigger,cwazzy,DES1984,Dboneesq,daddymc,Downtown1974,EAsports,EagleEyeKid,fattymacs,gameusedhoop,godblessUSA,goose3,KatsCards,mike22y2k,
    MULLINS5,1966CUDA,nam812,nightcrawler,OAKESY25,PowderedH2O,relaxed,RonBurgundy,samsgirl214,shagrotn77,swartz1,slantycouch,Statman,Wabittwax
  • paleocardspaleocards Posts: 922 ✭✭✭✭
    Edited the post last night to add my costs (below the pix at the top of the thread...)
  • Thats a strong shop buy on that Robinson for that price.
  • MorgothMorgoth Posts: 3,950 ✭✭✭
    Those are all high end for the grade. I wouldn't worry about the price if you plan on keeping. That Jackie and Brooks are hard to find that nice.
    Currently completing the following registry sets: Cardinal HOF's, 1961 Pittsburgh Pirates Team, 1972 Pittsburgh Pirates Team, 1980 Pittsburgh Pirates Team, Bill Mazeroski Master & Basic Sets, Roberto Clemente Master & Basic Sets, Willie Stargell Master & Basic Sets and Terry Bradshaw Basic Set
  • TJMACTJMAC Posts: 864 ✭✭
    I wouldn't say you paid too much. I just took a guess. Nice buys.
  • fattymacsfattymacs Posts: 2,578 ✭✭✭
    I'd tell you what I think of the purchase but it's a secret, MUHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
  • Great looking BROOKS! Definitely one of the nicer ones! One of my most favorite cards!
    I love the Brooks and Jackie. They made the deal worth it. The Mantle you overpaid by about $100 in my opinion. Quality card shop.

Congrats and have a Happy New Year.image
    What's a card shop? Even better-- What's a card show? I'm from the Seattle area and there is about nothing to do with quality cards in the entire area.
  • nice cards, im glad your happy with the purchase. your card shop made off quite nicely image cash sale. no tax. bonus!
  • The Brooks just took my breath away, what a beauty........OK, I am breathing normally now, WOW!!!!
    Collecting Interests:
    Ripken, Brooks & Frank Robinson, Old Orioles, Sweet Spot Autos, older Redskins - Riggins, Sonny, Baugh etc and anything that catches my eye. image

My ghetto sportscard webpage...All Scans - No Lists!!! Stinky Linky
  • baseballfanbaseballfan Posts: 5,450 ✭✭✭
    nice buys, i just thought maybe you got a little better deal in this economic climate

real nice brooks though worth every penny
    Fred

collecting RAW Topps baseball cards 1952 Highs to 1972. looking for collector grade (somewhere between psa 4-7 condition). let me know what you have, I'll take it, I want to finish sets, I must have something you can use for trade.

looking for Topps 71-72 hi's-62-53-54-55-59, I have these sets started