Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Upper Deck Sweet Spot Auto Cards

Anyone here dabble in these? I remember reading a few years ago that the autos have a tendency to fade into obscurity based on the way they are produced (cheap leather swatch, black ink, etc). Anyone know if Upper Deck has tried to correct the problem? There are a couple of cards in the 2008 set that I have my eye on, but I'd hate to buy something and then start to see it fade in a year or two.

Appreciate any info anyone has.

Thanks!

Comments

• Options
    They used a better quality leather this year,
    Mike
  • Options
    I ripped 4 packs of these the other night (@ $19.99 per pack)...and didn't pull 1 autograph.

Knowing UD, they probably fixed the problem by using bandaid autos. image

Sorry, nothing real informative to offer here, but saw an opportunity to beg for pity after throwing good money after bad on UD products. image
  • Options
    I have a couple Paul Oneill Sweet Spot cards that have held up pretty well over the years. Both are in Red Ink for what its worth.
  • Options
    mickeymantle24mickeymantle24 Posts: 2,768 ✭✭✭
    I opened 2 packs for $21 a piece pulled a Kerry Wood auto. 5/5, and an Eric Gagne auto. /15. I thought it was pretty good!!
  • Options
    I have a few Kazmir's. One is just him and the other is a dual auto with Kaz and Dontrelle Willis.

Both have held up quite well, but I keep my cards out of the light just about 24/7.
  • Options
    JeremyDie1JeremyDie1 Posts: 2,383 ✭✭✭
    All of the blue ink on the 2007 I have owned all faded to a certain degree. Here is a scan of the worst.

• Options
    zep33zep33 Posts: 6,897 ✭✭✭
    Thought I read somewhere about Upper Deck recalling the 2007s or something like that because of that reason.

I'll see if I can find a link somewhere
  • Options
    zep33zep33 Posts: 6,897 ✭✭✭
    here's a link to replace the faded 2007s

Upper Deck Sweet Spot faded signatures