Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Got some cool autographs at the Suns/thunder game last night

Hey guys, some friends and I drove 4 hrs to see the Suns take on the OKC thunder last night. My friend has some pics of the game that I'll post here once I get them. The only reason grant hill stopped and didn't get on the bus was because of my friend (who is a girl). Sometimes it pays to have a girl with you to get autographs!
Nash and Amare Stoudemire did get on the bus without signing but luckily we got them to sign at the game. Shaq actually walked the block to the game from the hotel and didnt get on the bus, but I didnt feel like chasing him down the street. I found the jumbo fleer Metal promo grant hill card (it's alittle smaller than 8x10) for a buck the other day at a local shop and I'm glad I bought it.
I got this hat signed at the hotel by Matt Barnes and Jason Richardson (2x dunk champ)

The cards were all signed at the hotel, the jerseys were both signed before the game during shootaround.

Sometimes it's nice to have autographs that you KNOW are authentic, it's neat.
thanks
John

Collecting
HOF SIGNED FOOTBALL RCS

Comments

• Options
    bman90278bman90278 Posts: 3,453 ✭✭✭
    Congrats, well done.
  • Options
    Pretty cool autographs, thanks for sharing. I picked up a couple Wichita Thunder (Hockey) team sigs the other day....I think I would have rather been at your Thunder game instead.
    Collecting PSA graded Steve Young, Marcus Allen, Bret Saberhagen and 1980s Topps Cards.
    Raw: Tony Gonzalez (low #'d cards, and especially 1/1's) and Steve Young.
  • Options
    zep33zep33 Posts: 6,897 ✭✭✭
    excellent!!

Dan Majerle used to be a customer at the Caddy dealership I worked at in Phoenix - super nice guy.

Think he still has a restaurant there too
  • Options
    AhmanfanAhmanfan Posts: 4,353 ✭✭✭✭
    yea Thunder Dan is a suns assistant coach now, he was really nice last night.
    John
    Collecting
    HOF SIGNED FOOTBALL RCS
  • Options
    BPorter26BPorter26 Posts: 3,499 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice auto's. I remember those days.
    "EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY IT SAYS IT RIGHT THERE ON THE WALL" - JACKIE MOON
  • Options
    baseballfanbaseballfan Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭
    very cool

especially that they signed the jerseys
    Fred

collecting RAW Topps baseball cards 1952 Highs to 1972. looking for collector grade (somewhere between psa 4-7 condition). let me know what you have, I'll take it, I want to finish sets, I must have something you can use for trade.

looking for Topps 71-72 hi's-62-53-54-55-59, I have these sets started

• Options
    otwcardsotwcards Posts: 5,291 ✭✭✭
    Sweet stuff, John.

I've gotta get my backside down to a Devils practice and get a jersey signed (albeit Brodeur will still be missing). I've managed to get one almost every year for the past decade. Missed last season after they changed the training facility and bypassed the Skate with the Devils night for STH.

I've always loved team signed jerseys and team signed photos. especially when you're able to get them in person.
  • Options
    mickeymantle24mickeymantle24 Posts: 2,768 ✭✭✭
    Man, That is some nice stuff!
  • Options
    Very nice pickups. For a lot of NBAers the only time you will get sigs is during warm ups. My success going TTM has been terrible with current players though there are a few excpetions.

J
  • Options
    otwcardsotwcards Posts: 5,291 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Very nice pickups. For a lot of NBAers the only time you will get sigs is during warm ups. My success going TTM has been terrible with current players though there are a few excpetions. >>

Nowitzki and Kidd are still pretty reliable. Most of the other All-Stars are hit or miss at best!