Home Sports Talk

Broncos fire coach !!!

jaxxrjaxxr Posts: 1,258 ✭✭
21 years, some championships and plenty of different players, Mike S. was somewhat a class guy as well,

but, I guess It's what have you done lately, that really counts .

This aint no party,... this aint no disco,.. this aint no fooling around.

Comments

• SanctionIISanctionII Posts: 11,660 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It does not surprise me.

It will be interesting to see if Shanahan takes a year off and eventually ends up as the coach of the 49rs.
  • bman90278bman90278 Posts: 3,453 ✭✭✭
    He had a heck of a long run in Denver. I'm sure both parties were due for a change.

• HyperionHyperion Posts: 7,438 ✭✭✭
    I hate that guy (just because he'd always lie about his RB's status and kill my fantasy teams)
  • baseballfanbaseballfan Posts: 5,450 ✭✭✭
    i thought dorsett suited up for them at one point this year in the backfield, with those injuries this surprizes me.
    Fred

collecting RAW Topps baseball cards 1952 Highs to 1972. looking for collector grade (somewhere between psa 4-7 condition). let me know what you have, I'll take it, I want to finish sets, I must have something you can use for trade.

looking for Topps 71-72 hi's-62-53-54-55-59, I have these sets started

• mickeymantle24mickeymantle24 Posts: 2,768 ✭✭✭
    Those last few games!
  • BPorter26BPorter26 Posts: 3,499 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Very surprising to me. He was the 2nd longest tendered coach behind Jeff Fischer.
    "EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY IT SAYS IT RIGHT THERE ON THE WALL" - JACKIE MOON
  • estangestang Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭
    Surprising. Being the GM/personnel guy and the head coach seems like a mix for disaster. I think it would severely dampen team chemistry when your head coach is also the one making decisions that affect salaries, personnel cuts and the such. Better to have some of that us (team on field) vs. them (front office) friction -- even if it is slight. I cannot think of one instance where this approach delivered a championship.

I wouldn't hire Cowher if he insisted on that. You can still have a GM title & have the coach involved more heavily, just keep the situation behind closed doors. You don't need to flash the title publicly.
    Enjoy your collection!
    Erik
  • perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,357 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I hate that guy (just because he'd always lie about his RB's status and kill my fantasy teams) >>

You and everyone else!

Im PUMPED that I can actually feel OK about drafting a Bronco's RB now.

As far as Shanahan goes he is OVERATED BIG TIME! After Elway retired ( And the team he inherited got old ) he won 1 playoff game I believe?
  • i have been told i have a great shot at his job....
    my t-205's

looking for low grade t205's psa 1-2