Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Lincolns - Is my eye improving yet?

Just wondering if I am starting to get the hang of it. I have started paying greater attention to the field on the obverse. Is this the appropriate thing to do?

Comments

• Options
    cladkingcladking Posts: 28,367 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You're on the right track.

That second '73 is fairly nice.

The '71 comes nice. The strike weakness is too much on this one.
    Tempus fugit.
  • Options
    You have a good eye.
    Keep up the work

GLEN
    I don't buy slabs I make them
  • Options
    The 71 has great fields but a weak strike. Solid MR66RD maybe a MS67RD on a good day but the splotch and hit on the reverse might keep it at 66.
    The 73 has something goin on with the cheeks. MS65RD all day and maybe MS66RD if all the hits in the jacket aren't distracting. Another weak strike.
    The second 73 is also a weak strike but far fewer marks. Solid MS66RD and a shot MS67RD if the marks in the cheeks are small enough.

David

• Options
    Thanks I appreciate the insight. Do any merit sending to pcgs?

<< <i>The 71 has great fields but a weak strike. Solid MR66RD maybe a MS67RD on a good day but the splotch and hit on the reverse might keep it at 66.
    The 73 has something goin on with the cheeks. MS65RD all day and maybe MS66RD if all the hits in the jacket aren't distracting. Another weak strike.
    The second 73 is also a weak strike but far fewer marks. Solid MS66RD and a shot MS67RD if the marks in the cheeks are small enough.

David >>

• Options
    BroadstruckBroadstruck Posts: 30,497 ✭✭✭✭✭
    To Err Is Human.... To Collect Err's Is Just Too Much Darn Tootin Fun!
  • Options
    lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,238 ✭✭✭✭✭
    They look good to me, but what I don't know about Lincoln cents could probably fill a book.

Your avatar coin is more my style. image

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file