Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

1983/84 OPC grade pop of (N9 example)?

I sent in a 1983/84 OPC hockey rookie card for grading and the grade was posted of N9 no grade/example. Did they have examples of this card?

Comments

• calaban7calaban7 Posts: 3,003 ✭✭✭
    An ( N9)--means they don't grade that particular issue. A voucher is what they will send back with your card.
    " In a time of universal deceit , telling the truth is a revolutionary act " --- George Orwell
  • 54topps54topps Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭
    Thats odd!! They grade this year. Post a picture when you get the card back.
  • This card is an extremely rare rookie card autographed Pelle lindbergh before he died. The card came out of a pack. I am very confused on this matter. I called Psa and they said they did not have enough evidence that the card was a real card. It came from a pack! Then autographed....
  • ICE9ICE9 Posts: 552 ✭✭✭
    After market autographs (ie through the mail or in person) have to be submitted to PSA/DNA for authentication.

Mike
    "Must these Englishmen Live That I Might Die? Must They Live That I Might Die?" - The Blue Oyster Cult
  • Not in this case. This is a 1983/84 OPC officially licensed card that can be submitted threw PSA. I have submitted many cards this way. Post cards, other obscure sizes,or non-licensed cards all have to be submitted threw PSA DNA. Still confused. Were there counterfeit 1983/84 OPC hockey cards from this year?
  • ICE9ICE9 Posts: 552 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Not in this case. This is a 1983/84 OPC officially licensed card that can be submitted threw PSA. I have submitted many cards this way. Post cards, other obscure sizes,or non-licensed cards all have to be submitted threw PSA DNA. Still confused. Were there counterfeit 1983/84 OPC hockey cards from this year? >>

They're not questioning the authenticity of the card, they're questioning the authenticity of the autograph. If a card has been autographed and it's pre 1998 you'll need to submit it to PSA/DNA...see excerpt below from the PSA's FAQ:

Q: Which autographed cards are required to be sent in using the Autographed Card Grading & Authentication Service?
    A: This service level is for autographed cards dated pre-1998 and/or those not directly from the manufacturer must be submitted through Autographed Card Grading and Authentication Service (fee may vary depending on card value). Autographed cards directly from the manufacturer from 1998 to present may be submitted through the other service levels depending on value.

Hope this helps,

Mike
    "Must these Englishmen Live That I Might Die? Must They Live That I Might Die?" - The Blue Oyster Cult
  • I have sent at least 20 signed Topps or OPC cards to PSA under their autograph card grading catagory for a fee of $20.00. All of the cards were pre 1998 before Topps certified any auto's and signed in person. I have never had any issues before this one. If the auto on the card was deemd to be a fake the grade was issued questionable authenticity(N4). This card is an obscure issue even though it reads 1983/84 Opc. I have to ask the original owner whats up with it.

I can send this 1983/84 card to PSA Dna to just have the signature authenticated but because i sent it to PSA and requested grading they first have to verify the card then move on to authenticating the signature. In this case something was different about the card that was out of the ordinary and they would not grade it. The card was real but there was something different about it that PSA was not aware of and could not find out any info to support it so they issued the N9 grade. Go figure
  • otwcardsotwcards Posts: 5,291 ✭✭✭
    If the card is the '83/4 OPC RC, then it is not an obscure card. No more obscure than a Scott Stevens RC from the same issue.

What you've done in the past with regard to sending pre-1998 auto'd cards through the $20.00 service may no longer be acceptable OR because of the limited Lindbergh exemplars and pricing level of his authnetication, it may fall into a different pricing structure that the $20.00 service does not meet.

If you still don't understand, why not call and speak with PSA rather than asking us to offer suggestions with incomplete or confusing information?
  • I did call PSA and they informed me that the card in question not the auto is and obscure issue. I said how can it be an obscure issue? It's a 1983/84 OPC hockey card. They would not tell me anymore than that thus my confusion. The card was pulled from a pack and then hand signed in by Pelle lindbergh.
  • CDsNutsCDsNuts Posts: 10,092
    151 '83-84 OPC Lindbergh cards have been graded. It's not obscure.

• RogermnjRogermnj Posts: 1,809 ✭✭
    Sounds obscure.
  • nam812nam812 Posts: 10,568 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>151 '83-84 OPC Lindbergh cards have been graded. It's not obscure. >>

Dont you have to re-fill the napkins on table 12?

• << <i>I did call PSA and they informed me that the card in question not the auto is and obscure issue. I said how can it be an obscure issue? It's a 1983/84 OPC hockey card. They would not tell me anymore than that thus my confusion. The card was pulled from a pack and then hand signed in by Pelle lindbergh. >>

What are you talking about? If you sent it to PSA then you messed up because you should have went PSA DNA as noted.
    Collecting PSA graded Steve Young, Marcus Allen, Bret Saberhagen and 1980s Topps Cards.
    Raw: Tony Gonzalez (low #'d cards, and especially 1/1's) and Steve Young.