Home Sports Talk

Lotsa angry people in Dallas this morning

stevekstevek Posts: 27,700 ✭✭✭✭✭
Must be the weather or something?

Comments

• << <i>Must be the weather or something? >>

Or maybe they are thinking of Jerry Jone's brand new luxury palace for next season and the ticket prices that
    will be charged to see the pathetic Cowboys. This is not kind of atmosphere Jerry Jones envisioned for the debut of the new
    stadium that is for sure.
  • baseballfanbaseballfan Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭
    wow did they stink yesterday. what happened no one get on the plane friday?
    Fred

collecting RAW Topps baseball cards 1952 Highs to 1972. looking for collector grade (somewhere between psa 4-7 condition). let me know what you have, I'll take it, I want to finish sets, I must have something you can use for trade.

looking for Topps 71-72 hi's-62-53-54-55-59, I have these sets started

• lawnmowermanlawnmowerman Posts: 19,477 ✭✭✭✭
    I think the hotel in Philly slipped some "stuff" into the Cowboys cheesesteaks
  • SDavidSDavid Posts: 1,584 ✭✭
    Apparently not the players.

A reporter on the team flight wrote that they were a very merry band. You'd never know which team had lost.

They're probably happy because now they're free to spend Jerry's money!

• << <i>I think the hotel in Philly slipped some "stuff" into the Cowboys cheesesteaks >>

I have stayed at that hotel several times when visiting teams were there.

They have great security and would never let anything like that happen....

...if I was not there. image

Had the pleasure of heckling Randy Moss in the lobby when they arrived for the last playoff between the Vikings and Eagles, 2004 season. This was just after he wiped his butt on the goalpost in Green Bay(?).

Rode the elevator with the former owners of the Vikes. The wife gave me a dirty look. My wife tossed one right back at her. The husband looked at me and rolled his eyes. I welcomed them to Philly and wished them good luck as I do when in contact with any opposing team fans, right after unleashing holy terror on their a$$.

Met the late Sam Mills there too when he was a coach for the Panthers. Nice guy.

Heckled former Eagle and Vike Cris Carter during the broadcast of a local Eagles show in the hotel restaurant. He had the audacity to pick the Vikings. I yelled "Buddy Ryan was right!" alluding to some comments Ryan made about Carter. The locals got the idea straight away.

Of course the prize meeting was Mr. Whizzinator, Onterrio Smith. We were talking to the concierge and he let us know that Smith had just asked for a car to go to dinner. The wife got a pic with him, and also with four other players.

• lawnmowermanlawnmowerman Posts: 19,477 ✭✭✭✭

I see the guy on the left really relished the photo op LOL

• << <i>I see the guy on the left really relished the photo op LOL >>

They were happy to take the pic with her, until they saw me with the camera.

Eagles jersey, hat.

They were a little taken aback and commented about bad omens, hence the funny looks.

The guy on the left was making their plans for the dinner.
  • perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,463 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>image

I see the guy on the left really relished the photo op LOL >>

Gotta love he has TWO cellphones going on................( Phone #1 ) "Um hold on a minute honey, I gotta pay for my coffee"...... ( Phone # 2)..."Hey Babe, Im speaking with my agent can I call you back in a few minutes"

• << <i>Gotta love he has TWO cellphones going on................( Phone #1 ) "Um hold on a minute honey, I gotta pay for my coffee"...... ( Phone # 2)..."Hey Babe, Im speaking with my agent can I call you back in a few minutes"

image >>

Exactly. How many of these guys have a throw away phone for the girlfriends, etc.?

Every once in a while you hear about one losing the phone and getting in trouble with the wife.
  • stevekstevek Posts: 27,700 ✭✭✭✭✭
    <<< alluding to some comments Ryan made about Carter >>>

Actually, Ryan to my recollection never made any negative comments publicly about Carter until Carter mentioned his problem with the drugs to the public - Ryan protected him...however because of the drugs, Ryan wanted him out. Of course the "famous" line Ryan said about him and why he was released was that "He only catches touchdown passes" - If I'm remembering right that last season Carter didn't have a lot of receptions, but about a third of his receptions were touchdown passes...Ryan was actually complimenting him in a way. But Ryan didn't like drug users, and frankly Ryan thought he could win with his defense anyway, which he always was successful with, that is up until playoff time. Still - no doubt in my mind that Ryan would have eventually brought a Super Bowl to Philadelphia if the "man in France" hasn't let Buddy go.
  • stevekstevek Posts: 27,700 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Apparently not the players.

A reporter on the team flight wrote that they were a very merry band. You'd never know which team had lost.

They're probably happy because now they're free to spend Jerry's money! >>

On the sidelines near the end of the game, TO was smiling a lot about something. I guess because he had a somewhat decent game with catches and yards, so he was happy even though his team got blown out - TO is the epitome of a selfish player who is a cancer to a football team.

• << <i><<< alluding to some comments Ryan made about Carter >>>

Actually, Ryan to my recollection never made any negative comments publicly about Carter until Carter mentioned his problem with the drugs to the public - Ryan protected him...however because of the drugs, Ryan wanted him out. Of course the "famous" line Ryan said about him and why he was released was that "He only catches touchdown passes" - If I'm remembering right that last season Carter didn't have a lot of receptions, but about a third of his receptions were touchdown passes...Ryan was actually complimenting him in a way. But Ryan didn't like drug users, and frankly Ryan thought he could win with his defense anyway, which he always was successful with, that is up until playoff time. Still - no doubt in my mind that Ryan would have eventually brought a Super Bowl to Philadelphia if the "man in France" hasn't let Buddy go. >>

Stood next to Carter at the front desk while we were both checking in a few hours before the show. He was three sheets to the wind.