Home Sports Talk
Options

Congratulations Chad Pennington...

grote15grote15 Posts: 29,535 ✭✭✭✭✭
Even as a Jets fan, it's hard not to feel good for Chad after the way he was cut last summer. Good luck in the playoffs...

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.

Comments

• Options
    ldfergldferg Posts: 6,739 ✭✭✭
    yes, it's bittersweet for me. i was pulling for favre and the jets, but i wanted the pats to be sitting. go FINS....

Thanks,

David (LD_Ferg)

1985 Topps Football (starting in psa 8) - #9 - started 05/21/06
  • Options
    Word is Mangini ordered Favre to throw the game after the Ravens went up 27-7...image

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options

<< <i>Word is Mangini ordered Favre to throw the game after the Ravens went up 27-7...image >>

Mangini should be given an extension for that, knocking the Patriots out and all image
  • Options
    mickeymantle24mickeymantle24 Posts: 2,768 ✭✭✭
    The Jets should of never released him, and picked up that overrated Farve!
  • Options
    The Jets should of never released him, and picked up that overrated Farve!

Thanks for that brilliant insight, I mean hindsight. I'm sure you said the same thing back in August, too, huh?

• Options
    aro13aro13 Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭
    Yes, congrats to Chad. He is a class guy, and amazingly most Jets fans are very happy for him.

I think they made the right decision to get Favre. I just wished it had worked out differently.

• Options
    DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭
    Being a New Yawka I wanted to see the Jets make the playoffs ... but i always liked Chad (how could the Jets NOT go for Favre) and am very happy to see him make the playoffs. Good Luck Chad!
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • Options
    BigRedMachineBigRedMachine Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭
    I really think Chad will, and should, pick up a few MVP votes.

Manning will deservedly win, but Pennington should finish second IMO.
  • Options
    ConnecticoinConnecticoin Posts: 12,542 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, congrats to Chad. In the Jets defense, he did not play very well last year, but he was hampered by injuries if I recall correctly.

• Options
    jaxxrjaxxr Posts: 1,258 ✭✭
    Congrats to the entire Dolphin team !

Quite the turnaround indeed ! The Fins will be hosting an NFL playoff game !

Chad Pennington, and maybe even Rickey Williams, are not the burned out players, many thought them to be.

This aint no party,... this aint no disco,.. this aint no fooling around.
  • Options
    rbdjr1rbdjr1 Posts: 4,474 ✭✭

I watched the fish/jets game with hundreds of others on a huge large screen, here in South Florida. It was sooooooo exciting!

What a game!

Congrats to Chad, and the entire team, along with the whole fish organization. Just a dream season!

I'm going to the Jan 4th home game against Baltimore!

It will be a "bruser of a game". I guarantee it!

I'm excited! It's been since 2001 that flipper made the playoffs! image

rd