Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

ebay live cashback - failed?

Anyone having a problem with their ebay Live cashback requests failing? I have a couple of outstanding cashback rewards. They became "available" so I requested payment to my PayPal account. A week later, the status changes from "pending" to "failed" (The cashback reward failed, but your cashback is still available. Try requesting your cashback reward again.). I then have the option to request the money again, but it fails every time.

Any ideas? Anyone else having this problem?

Comments

• onebamafanonebamafan Posts: 1,318 ✭✭
    MMMMMMMMMMM.. does not sound good.
  • fattymacsfattymacs Posts: 2,578 ✭✭✭
    You may want to contact Nancy Pelosi and get in line for a bailout.
  • grote15grote15 Posts: 29,479 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That blows...I have 3 pending since 11/11. My last three were redeemed immediately. No wonder MSFT stock is in the toilet..

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • thenavarrothenavarro Posts: 7,497 ✭✭✭
    wallst32,

Did you by chance change your paypal address??

Mike
    Buying US Presidential autographs
  • I hope it is an error on your part and not a reneg on MS's part. I still have 4 pending transactions.

• << <i>I hope it is an error on your part and not a reneg on MS's part. I still have 4 pending transactions. >>

+1

I have several pending as well.
  • jeff8877jeff8877 Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭
    Do you have more than one ebay account that funnels into the same paypal account?? If so, you may need to call them.

Jeff
  • I had some $ available and just went through the steps to have it go to my paypal acct. The message after completing the steps said it would take 7 days to process.
    I thought that was strange after waiting approx 2 months. If it all goes through its ok. Hope you get your money.
  • rube26105rube26105 Posts: 10,225 ✭✭
    its doing the same thing to me right now,says does not recognize my emial addfy, same one ive always had,checked it all out and tried again, gates, you best get my $ in my accountimage
  • Happened to me as well. I had one that failed, but have sense had a couple go through.
  • goose3goose3 Posts: 11,471 ✭✭✭

<< <i>its doing the same thing to me right now,says does not recognize my emial addfy, same one ive always had,checked it all out and tried again, gates, you best get my $ in my accountimage >>

Didn't Yogi inform you? That's his new email address.
    why does that not surprise me image
    its yogis fault somehow, i just know itimage
  • DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭
    At least the money is in your cashback account. All of mine are still friggin pending.
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • jeffcbayjeffcbay Posts: 8,948 ✭✭✭✭
    Just did mine, gave me the 7 days thing. I'll let you know if I have a problem.
    im on my second 7 day "hurry up and wait"now, 1st one failedimage
  • jlzinckjlzinck Posts: 907 ✭✭
    My last request on 12/21 is pending
  • BPorter26BPorter26 Posts: 3,499 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have 2 pending as well, just received on last friday. I'll let you know if mine fails. I hope not!
    "EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY IT SAYS IT RIGHT THERE ON THE WALL" - JACKIE MOON
  • Hi Bobby! image
  • jeff8877jeff8877 Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭
    Got this today...so it looks like it is still working.

Live Search cashback just sent you money with PayPal.

Payment details
    Amount: $326.00 USD
    Transaction Date: Dec 29, 2008
  • jimradjimrad Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭
    mine worked fine
    Positive transactions with: Bkritz,Bosox1976,Brick,captainthreeputt,cpettimd,craigger,cwazzy,DES1984,Dboneesq,daddymc,Downtown1974,EAsports,EagleEyeKid,fattymacs,gameusedhoop,godblessUSA,goose3,KatsCards,mike22y2k,
    MULLINS5,1966CUDA,nam812,nightcrawler,OAKESY25,PowderedH2O,relaxed,RonBurgundy,samsgirl214,shagrotn77,swartz1,slantycouch,Statman,Wabittwax
  • jeffcbayjeffcbay Posts: 8,948 ✭✭✭✭
    Did it take the entire 7 days?
  • jimradjimrad Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Did it take the entire 7 days? >>

got it in 2 days
    Positive transactions with: Bkritz,Bosox1976,Brick,captainthreeputt,cpettimd,craigger,cwazzy,DES1984,Dboneesq,daddymc,Downtown1974,EAsports,EagleEyeKid,fattymacs,gameusedhoop,godblessUSA,goose3,KatsCards,mike22y2k,
    MULLINS5,1966CUDA,nam812,nightcrawler,OAKESY25,PowderedH2O,relaxed,RonBurgundy,samsgirl214,shagrotn77,swartz1,slantycouch,Statman,Wabittwax
    mine took 7 on the 2nd try,failed the 1st, it just came thru finally,so i guess i finally got some $ from em anywaysimage
  • This has happened to me a few times now; just resubmitted and worked fine the next time. No idea why... but can't complain with over $500 redeemed this year. Much love for MS live.com; almost enough to use it as a search engine. image
  • thenavarrothenavarro Posts: 7,497 ✭✭✭
    MS Live Cashback just paypalled me $95.96, so it's still working. I'm relieved as they still owe me about $600.00.

Mike
    Buying US Presidential autographs
  • jersterjerster Posts: 828 ✭✭✭
    Just got ~ $150 into paypal today. Still working...keeping fingers crossed.
  • MBMiller25MBMiller25 Posts: 6,057 ✭✭
    The cashback that failed a week ago just dropped into my account today! All is well.
  • packCollectorpackCollector Posts: 2,786 ✭✭✭
    mine is still pending from 11/30 , redeemed another today, we'll see
  • Just got the notification email that the cashback money has been sent to paypal. It only took 3 days on the first try so I'm happy. Can't wait for the next round of money to become available.
  • MBMiller25MBMiller25 Posts: 6,057 ✭✭
    Taking 7 days for all of mine so far. Arriving on the 7th day like clock work.
  • BPorter26BPorter26 Posts: 3,499 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mine was dropped in my account today less then 7 days.
    "EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY IT SAYS IT RIGHT THERE ON THE WALL" - JACKIE MOON
    Anyone still having problems , all of mine are still pending from as old as 11/30
  • otwcardsotwcards Posts: 5,291 ✭✭✭
    Received all but 2 of mine from 2 accounts (21 in all). The 2 that are pending state they will automatically be transferred and that I do not have to request them. All-in-all, a fantastic program. Just wish sellers that jacked up their prices after seeing the MSCB program, would put their prices closer to reality...
    Anyone still having problems , all of mine are still pending from as old as 11/30

The cashback awards I didn't get immediately after making payment took 60 days to become available, so you should receive an e-mail on 1/30. I just got one today for a purchase that was pending since 11/9.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
    i am waiting for 2 more, 1st one went thru after 7 days it said- do over- so i did it over and it went in that time

<< <i>Anyone still having problems , all of mine are still pending from as old as 11/30

The cashback awards I didn't get immediately after making payment took 60 days to become available, so you should receive an e-mail on 1/30. I just got one today for a purchase that was pending since 11/9.

>>

these are actually for the paypal deposit, I waited the 30 days , became available and I requested the paypal on 11/30. I sent a question and they still have not responded outside of the automated response that gets sent immediately
  • otwcardsotwcards Posts: 5,291 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>Anyone still having problems , all of mine are still pending from as old as 11/30

>>

these are actually for the paypal deposit, I waited the 30 days , became available and I requested the paypal on 11/30. I sent a question and they still have not responded outside of the automated response that gets sent immediately >>

I'm confused. Was the Cashback program in effect in October and only 30 days for "maturity?" If nit, I'm not sure how you could've had a purchase "mature" by 11/30 unless it was "immediate" in which case, the money would've been credited to PayPal imeediately. Most early purchases required 60 days before you could claim them (putting most in December or January). I may be wrong, but the facts you've provided seem to contradict what I know of the program.
    Cashback started in the summer. It stopped then came back
    The way mine worked for putchases made in November was the refund sat in your Cashback account for 60 days as pending at which point the funds became available and I had to claim the payment to my Paypal account. From there it's supposed to take up to 7 days to be deposited to yr Paypal account. After my first 3-4 purchases with the cashback bonus, though, I started getting "instant" cashback refunds where the money came back to me as soon as I made payment for the item. I did not know that the pending period was only 30 days last summer...if you claimed your payment after it became available on 11/30, you should have gotten your deposit by 12/7 according to their regulations.