Home Sports Talk

Ding Dong, the New England Witch is DEAD !!

The Baltimore Ravens are taking care of business -- they're leading comfortably at halftime. That'll be the end of the season for the Patriots.

Gotta love it that the Pats will be watching the playoffs from their living rooms. image

Comments

• grote15grote15 Posts: 29,480 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Um, if Jets win, NE wins the East...and that game is far from over..

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • ldfergldferg Posts: 6,739 ✭✭✭
    my fingers are crossed for the fins to win. i am for anything that keeps the patriots out. too bad the ravens can't be sitting at home as well.

Thanks,

David (LD_Ferg)

1985 Topps Football (starting in psa 8) - #9 - started 05/21/06
  • calaban7calaban7 Posts: 3,002 ✭✭✭
    The Ravens have done much better than a lot of us expected. I'm from the People's Replublic of Maryland and find it hard not to get exicted. They've been one of the better teams in the second half of the season.

How far they go, I do not know. I'm liking it until then. They have a chance.
    " In a time of universal deceit , telling the truth is a revolutionary act " --- George Orwell
  • "too bad the ravens can't be sitting at home as well."

Are you kidding? Who is gonna keep the Ravens out of the Super Bowl?
  • lawnmowermanlawnmowerman Posts: 19,477 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>"too bad the ravens can't be sitting at home as well."

Are you kidding? Who is gonna keep the Ravens out of the Super Bowl? >>

The Colts

• << <i>

<< <i>"too bad the ravens can't be sitting at home as well."

Are you kidding? Who is gonna keep the Ravens out of the Super Bowl? >>

The Colts >>

Yep-That pretty much covers it!
    Collecting:
    Dallas Cowboys
    SuperBowl MVPs
    Heisman Trophy Winers
  • "The Colts"

You could be right about that, lawnmowerman. Ravens vs Colts would be a great game -- and the entire city of Baltimore would die if the "old Colts" kept the "new Colts" out of the Super Bowl.
  • ldfergldferg Posts: 6,739 ✭✭✭
    the ravens are tough, no doubt. however, i don't see them in the super bowl.

Thanks,

David (LD_Ferg)

1985 Topps Football (starting in psa 8) - #9 - started 05/21/06
  • I just checked out the AFC standings. Everybody knows that the Baltimore Ravens have a kick-a*s DEFENSE. But did you know that they've scored more points than any other AFC playoff team?

I really like the Ravens to make it to the Super Bowl this year. Yup, they've even outscored the mighty Indy Colts.
  • mickeymantle24mickeymantle24 Posts: 2,768 ✭✭✭
    The Colts will be your new super bowl champs. The last 2 games against the Ravens the Colts have put up atleast almost 30 points in the first half
  • calaban7calaban7 Posts: 3,002 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I just checked out the AFC standings. Everybody knows that the Baltimore Ravens have a kick-a*s DEFENSE. But did you know that they've scored more points than any other AFC playoff team?

I really like the Ravens to make it to the Super Bowl this year. Yup, they've even outscored the mighty Indy Colts. >>

They have a great chance to get to the big show. They had 2 bad games this whole season. Lets see how it plays out.

On to Miami!!!!
    " In a time of universal deceit , telling the truth is a revolutionary act " --- George Orwell
  • EstilEstil Posts: 6,866 ✭✭✭✭
    DON'T call my wife's team a Witch, Cartman!image
    WISHLIST
    Dimes: 54S, 53P, 50P+S, 49S, 45D+S, 44S, 43D, 41S, 40D+S, 39D+S, 38D+S, 37D+S, 36S, 35D+S, all 16-34's
    Quarters: 61D, 52S, 47S, 46S, 40S, 39S, 38S, 37D+S, 36D+S, 35D, 34D, 32D+S
    74 Topps: 37,38,46,47,48,138,151,193,210,214,223,241,256,264,268,277,289,316,435,552,570,577,592,602,610,654,655
    1997 Finest silver: 115, 135, 139, 145, 310
    1995 Ultra Gold Medallion Sets: Golden Prospects, HR Kings, On-Base Leaders, Power Plus, RBI Kings, Rising Stars
    IMO the Colts should play Miami, they are alot easier team than the Broncos/Chargers at home!
  • "IMO the Colts should play Miami, they are alot easier team than the Broncos/Chargers at home!"

Hmmmmm, what does "your opinion" have to do with the NFL Playoff Rules?

Indy should get down on their knees and thank God if they get to play at Denver..that game is much easier than at Miami.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.

<< <i>"IMO the Colts should play Miami, they are alot easier team than the Broncos/Chargers at home!"

Hmmmmm, what does "your opinion" have to do with the NFL Playoff Rules? >>

I am just saying statisticly the Colts should be the #2 seed in the AFC, but it is unfair that Baltimore the #6 seed gets to play Miami, and the Colts #5 seed (Should be #2 seed) have to play the Chargers away when they have won 4 more games!
  • Colts vs Vikings, Vikings win, Peterson SB MVP.
    Collecting PSA graded Steve Young, Marcus Allen, Bret Saberhagen and 1980s Topps Cards.
    Raw: Tony Gonzalez (low #'d cards, and especially 1/1's) and Steve Young.
    < "IMO the Colts should play Miami, they are alot easier team than the Broncos/Chargers at home!"

I am just saying statisticly the Colts should be the #2 seed in the AFC, but it is unfair that Baltimore the #6 seed gets to play Miami, and the Colts #5 seed (Should be #2 seed) have to play the Chargers away when they have won 4 more games!

I'm guessing you weren't a fan then of the Cardinals' World Series victory a couple of years back...image

• ConnecticoinConnecticoin Posts: 12,475 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Total Bullsh*t. And those 8-8 division winners get first round home games.

Hell, if we get an expansion team in LA, let's go to eleven 3 team divisions.

<< <i>< "IMO the Colts should play Miami, they are alot easier team than the Broncos/Chargers at home!"

I'm guessing you weren't a fan then of the Cardinals' World Series victory a couple of years back...image >>

I do not like the Cardinalsimage
    Put it this way, Whoever and whereever the Colts play, they will win. Count on it

Peyton Manning will win this years MVP also!
  • BigRedMachineBigRedMachine Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Put it this way, Whoever and whereever the Colts play, they will win. Count on it

Peyton Manning will win this years MVP also! >>

Would you PLEEEEASE stop putting the hex on the Colts. They have to play San Diego next week, and have recently had their asses handed to them by that team.

You're killing me.

<< <i>

<< <i>Put it this way, Whoever and whereever the Colts play, they will win. Count on it

Peyton Manning will win this years MVP also! >>

Would you PLEEEEASE stop putting the hex on the Colts. They have to play San Diego next week, and have recently had their asses handed to them by that team.

You're killing me. >>

They did beat San Diego this year though, and they have Peyton Manning so anything is possible. I know I would rather play the Broncos though