Home Sports Talk

Does Jerry Jones fire the Cowboys coaching staff?

Given the butt whooping that Philly is throwing down, I seriously doubt Jones will stand by his earlier commitment to Wade Phillips.....What say you?
Collecting:
Dallas Cowboys
SuperBowl MVPs
Heisman Trophy Winers

Comments

• That would be a very nice selection....Jones would have to check some ego to land him though
    Collecting:
    Dallas Cowboys
    SuperBowl MVPs
    Heisman Trophy Winers
  • ldfergldferg Posts: 6,739 ✭✭✭
    cowher??? ouch.

now that would be a headline.

Thanks,

David (LD_Ferg)

1985 Topps Football (starting in psa 8) - #9 - started 05/21/06
  • stevekstevek Posts: 27,582 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I thought Phillips would be back, but I would now have to say "No"
  • OK-The score is like 167 -3 in the 3rd. I think Wade et all are on the way out....
    Collecting:
    Dallas Cowboys
    SuperBowl MVPs
    Heisman Trophy Winers
    Phillips may be fired before the game is over.
  • grote15grote15 Posts: 29,480 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Seems like just yesterday the general consensus was that the Cowboys were the favorites to win the Super Bowl...

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • The Cowboys have a ton of talent but no heart/direction/discipline. The coaches lacks "it " & the qb lacks "it". You can overcome the deficiency in one area but not both. They won't trade Romo so......
    Collecting:
    Dallas Cowboys
    SuperBowl MVPs
    Heisman Trophy Winers
  • Lothar52Lothar52 Posts: 2,664 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Seems like just yesterday the general consensus was that the Cowboys were the favorites to win the Super Bowl... >>

NOW they are the best team NOT in the playoffs....

• << <i>

<< <i>Seems like just yesterday the general consensus was that the Cowboys were the favorites to win the Super Bowl... >>

NOW they are the best team NOT in the playoffs.... >>

Wrong..that would be the Patriots
    Collecting:
    Dallas Cowboys
    SuperBowl MVPs
    Heisman Trophy Winers
  • lawnmowermanlawnmowerman Posts: 19,477 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Does Jerry Jones fire the Cowboys coaching staff? >>

How about firing himself? I like that idea better
    Knowing Jerry Jones, I'd say the chances now of Phillips coming back are zero.
  • To simply answer the original question, I pray Mr Jones fires everyone but Jason Garrett.
  • grote15grote15 Posts: 29,480 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Phillips has never won a playoff game in his entire career. How this guy even got to be head coach of the Cowboys in the first place is beyond me..

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • estangestang Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭
    No way. Tony Romo could be in TB in 2010
    Enjoy your collection!
    Erik
  • bman90278bman90278 Posts: 3,453 ✭✭✭

<< <i> Bill Cowher >>

+1 for Bill Cowher!!!!
  • mickeymantle24mickeymantle24 Posts: 2,768 ✭✭✭
    Why dont he just go coach the team, he does everything else!image
  • dfr52dfr52 Posts: 891 ✭✭✭

<< <i>To simply answer the original question, I pray Mr Jones fires everyone but Jason Garrett. >>

He needs to be the first to go. His gameplan and playcalling have been terrible this season.

Super Bowl XXVIII: Buffalo Bills vs Dallas Cowboys -
    Running back Emmitt Smith rushed for 132 yards and 2
    touchdowns earning Super Bowl MVP honors as the Cowboys
    defeated the Bills 30-13 to win their second consecutive NFL
    title.
  • Based on the early news reports JJ is standing by Wade Phillips.......

<<<<<HEAVY SIGH>>>>>
    Collecting:
    Dallas Cowboys
    SuperBowl MVPs
    Heisman Trophy Winers
  • SDavidSDavid Posts: 1,584 ✭✭
    No major coaching changes in '09. Wade and both coordinators are returning.

Should make for a nice soap opera, but I don't expect them to be much of a football team.

And to think TO called Emmitt Smith stupid for saying they were a bunch of individuals, not a team.

note to Emmitt - If you should decide to clobber Owens, or any other of the other losers on this team who disrespect you, there isn't a self-respecting cop or judge in Dallas who would punish you for it.
  • Do y'all not understand statements??? THE COACHING STAFF IS IN PLACE. What the **** is going on here??

• rbdjr1rbdjr1 Posts: 4,474 ✭✭

<< <i>Do y'all not understand statements??? THE COACHING STAFF IS IN PLACE. What the **** is going on here?? >>

Jerry said soooooooooooooooooooooooo!

I just heard on ESPN that Cowboy's coaching is "in place" for the next few years.

Can he change his mind?

One would think so? image

rd
  • And one day later Garrett is shopping in Detroit. Stay away from KC please Garrett.
    Collecting PSA graded Steve Young, Marcus Allen, Bret Saberhagen and 1980s Topps Cards.
    Raw: Tony Gonzalez (low #'d cards, and especially 1/1's) and Steve Young.
  • bman90278bman90278 Posts: 3,453 ✭✭✭
    Maybe Jerry Jones should fire himself and try and start a new league with Al Davis?? image
    Oh that's all good news...to Eagles fans. Ah Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha..............................................

I'll have to remind myself to send Jerry Jones a nice "Thank You" card.