Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Cut card cases - PHOTOS ADDED, BURN BABY BURN!!

I know this topic has been discussed before, but was wondering if anyone other than ldferg has purchased any. From previous responses, it appears many have considered buying one but never actually have. I and another forum user have split the cost of two 1981 Topps baseball cases (case C) looking for the ever elusive PSA 10 Reggie.

Comments

• Options
    yankeeno7yankeeno7 Posts: 9,242 ✭✭✭
    This topic has been discussed before. Thank you and please drive through.

And thanks again Secret Santa! image
  • Options
    is she done nibbling carrots?
  • Options
    nam812nam812 Posts: 10,538 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    ldfergldferg Posts: 6,739 ✭✭✭
    the reggie was sold in the last 2 weeks on ebay. seems like it was around $500. i thought the first one would yield a higher hammer price.

good luck and keep us updated.

Thanks,

David (LD_Ferg)

1985 Topps Football (starting in psa 8) - #9 - started 05/21/06
  • Options
    Bought two of the 1981 Topps baseball cut card cases (case C). If anyone is thinking of buying any from Dacardworld, please pass on the idea. I am going blind digging through the same 130-140 cards over and over and over and over and over again. Centering on one case is horrific throughout. The other case has slightly better centering but lots of dinged corners. My eyes have now crossed and I no longer have any idea what a MC or OC card looks like.
  • Options
    Billy Bore image

That Orr is one of my favorite cards.
  • Options
    Correctme if I am wrong but aren't they just thrown in a box without being in an individual boxes?
    Mike
  • Options
    zep33zep33 Posts: 6,897 ✭✭✭
  • Options
    otwcardsotwcards Posts: 5,291 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Correctme if I am wrong but aren't they just thrown in a box without being in an individual boxes?
    Mike >>

They're actually stacked three rows high and three rows across. They run just as if they're from vending. Oddly, I've broken more than my share of cut card and vending cases, and I've seen cases labeled a a specific sheet be mispackaged with one or two other sheets in the run (typically each layer being another sheet).

Also, I've seen cases that have some bulk player runs (20-30 of the same player in consecutive order) and also have seen some cards from subsequent years (an '81 case with about 20 cards from '82 and a single card from '83)...
  • Options
    ldfergldferg Posts: 6,739 ✭✭✭
    lsu,
    sorry to hear about this. i had my fingers crossed for you. i haven't yielded a 10 yet from my case (several 9s). i was hit/miss on the centering. my corner wear was not bad at all. also, the case i was sent had a mixture of two sheets.

Thanks,

David (LD_Ferg)

1985 Topps Football (starting in psa 8) - #9 - started 05/21/06
  • Options
    So what do you do with over 17000 cards from 1981 Topps when you have an extra 125 of each card?

• Options
    digicatdigicat Posts: 8,551 ✭✭

<< <i>So what do you do with over 17000 cards from 1981 Topps when you have an extra 125 of each card? >>

Ugh, that's just wrong, dude.
    My Giants collection want list

WTB: 2001 Leaf Rookies & Stars Longevity: Ryan Jensen #/25
  • Options
    Today was a no burn day. That'll be a $25 fine. Or are those just in CA. ?
    imageimageimage
  • Options
    jeffcbayjeffcbay Posts: 8,948 ✭✭✭✭
    Photo-shopped!!

j/k lol
  • Options
    um, can i get a refund image

did you burn all the PSA 10 Reggies too?????
  • Options
    StingrayStingray Posts: 8,843 ✭✭✭
    Did you get a permit to burn that??
  • Options
    jmoran19jmoran19 Posts: 1,605 ✭✭✭
    Damn, I was looking for a couple hundred 81 Oscar Gambles image

Current obsession, all things Topps 1969 - 1972

• Options
    bman90278bman90278 Posts: 3,453 ✭✭✭
    If you really burned them Bill, that's too bad. I know we have several Children's hospitals with young boys who would love some baseball cards. Either way, I don't hold anything against you.

brian
  • Options
    stownstown Posts: 11,321 ✭✭✭
    I am so offended by this thread that I'm quitting the hobby.
    So basically my kid won't be able to go to college, but at least I'll have a set where the three most expensive cards are of a player I despise ~ CDsNuts
  • Options

<< <i>I am so offended by this thread that I'm quitting the hobby. >>

Can't take the heat, eh? image
  • Options

<< <i>If you really burned them Bill, that's too bad. I know we have several Children's hospitals with young boys who would love some baseball cards. Either way, I don't hold anything against you. >>

Total amount of cards from two cases was 17300. The ones burned today totalled about 2000 with another box ready to depart with a total of about 5000 cards. Still have about 10000 or so that I just could not add to the burn pile because they weren't too bad.

Anyone that would like a large batch of the extras to donate to a children's hospital or something similar, fell free to PM me your address.
  • Options
    MorgothMorgoth Posts: 3,950 ✭✭✭
    Bill I don't know about 81 Topps but if you have any unwanted Jeters, Mantles, Arods or Jordans lying around my sick and dying dog would love to use them to sleep on and keep her company when I am at work. If you see similar cards on ebay it will be just a coincedence.
    Currently completing the following registry sets: Cardinal HOF's, 1961 Pittsburgh Pirates Team, 1972 Pittsburgh Pirates Team, 1980 Pittsburgh Pirates Team, Bill Mazeroski Master & Basic Sets, Roberto Clemente Master & Basic Sets, Willie Stargell Master & Basic Sets and Terry Bradshaw Basic Set
  • Options
    Burn baby burn. I wish everyone would continue the carnage and do this hobby a favor by burning all their late '80's cards as well.
    "You tell 'em I'm coming...and hell's coming with me"--Wyatt Earp
  • Options

<< <i>Burn baby burn. I wish everyone would continue the carnage and do this hobby a favor by burning all their late '80's cards as well. >>

I put a 5000 count box of 89 fleer to rest, and recycled two sets of Nolan Ryan pacific cards. I did my part.

I agree that more people need to destroy some worthless cards.
  • Options
    Glad to hear it SS member...and '89 fleer is a great candidate for the furnace. In my travels I talk alot with card shop owners and they all say the same thing in that they are tired of people bringing in boxes of late 80's junk and wanting them to waste their time looking through them. 1986 thru 1991 baseball---just burn it all. Come to think of it since Clemens and Mcgwire both turned out to be cheaters and liars why not burn 1985 as well....
    "You tell 'em I'm coming...and hell's coming with me"--Wyatt Earp
  • Options
    BunchOBullBunchOBull Posts: 6,188 ✭✭✭
    Just this morning I thought to myself, "self, you need to build an '81T bb set."
    Collector of most things Frank Thomas. www.BigHurtHOF.com