Home Sports Talk
Options

NFL star Tom Brady and supermodel Gisele Bundchen are finally getting hitched

stevekstevek Posts: 27,727 ✭✭✭✭✭
NFL star Tom Brady and supermodel Gisele Bundchen are finally getting hitched.

BY RICH SCHAPIRO
DAILY NEWS STAFF WRITER

Saturday, December 27th 2008, 2:55 AM
Tom Brady proposed to his girlfriend model Giselle Bundchen on Christmas Eve on December 24, 2008 in flight.

High over the East Coast, in a private plane bursting with white roses and champagne, Brady popped the question to his longtime girlfriend on Christmas Eve, TMZ.com and E! News reported Friday.

The injured New England Patriots quarterback, famous for his clutch play, was nervous — but the Brazilian-born Bundchen, 28, said yes, TMZ said.

With Gisele’s parents looking on, Brady, 31, proposed after their jet took off from Teterboro Airport in New Jersey on a flight bound for Boston.

It’s unclear if the prolific passer got down on his injured left knee.

Star magazine reported last week the obnoxiously attractive couple plan to tie the knot in Costa Rica, where Bundchen has a vacation home.

Reps for Brady and Bundchen did not return calls for comment. Patriots spokesman Stacey James was mum.

“I’m sure when the time comes that Tom wants the world to know these kind of details, he’ll let everyone know,” James told the Boston Globe.

Just hours after TMZ reported the engagement, the happy couple exited his Back Bay townhouse with Gisele’s mom and dad. When asked about the engagement, the Boston Herald reported the ever-so-polite Brady just smirked and hopped into an idling Town Car with the ringless Bundchen and her parents, Vania and Valdir.

Brady’s assistant, Will McDonough, also wouldn’t comment.

Brady was at the Patriots’ training room at Gillette Stadium Friday, but he bolted after spotting reporters in the team locker room.

Brady and his lady have had ample time to bond this fall. The three-time Super Bowl winner has been sidelined since the season opener, when he blew out his knee.

The Brady and Bundchen romance kicked off scandalously two years ago.

Brady hooked up with the sultry supermodel shortly after ditching his pregnant former flame, Bridget Moynahan, an actress he dated for three years.

The pair provided endless fodder for gossip magazines as they canoodled around the globe while Moynahan was left to work through her pregnancy alone in California.

Brady’s sullied reputation was bolstered soon after the birth of his son.

Brady was there when little John Edward Thomas Moynahan was born in 2007 and frequently has been spotted spending time with his only child.

He was spotted with the tyke just before Christmas at Bundchen’s West Village townhouse.
Bundchen’s relationship with Brady is not her first headline-snatching romance either. The leggy beauty dated actor Leonardo DiCaprio on-and-off for years before the couple split for good in 2005.

rschapiro@nydailynews.com

Comments

• Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,498 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Congrats to them. I just hope he is ready for Football next year!
  • Options
    bman90278bman90278 Posts: 3,453 ✭✭✭

<< <i> Congrats to them. I just hope he is ready for Football next year! >>

I was reading on Fox sports that Tom Brady has seriously considered retiring early as the injury and infections really took it's toll on Tom and put alot of added stress on his personal life. I wish him luck in whatever he does.

Brian
  • Options
    bman90278bman90278 Posts: 3,453 ✭✭✭
    Just kidding Perkdog. lol
  • Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,498 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Just kidding Perkdog. lol >>

• Options
    Star magazine reported last week the obnoxiously attractive couple plan to tie the knot in Costa Rica

• Options
    wolfbearwolfbear Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭

Pats should trade Brady for some low draft picks and roll with Cassel.

Would be the best thing for the franchise over the next 5 years ...
    Pix of 'My Kids'

"How about a little fire Scarecrow ?"
  • Options
    goose3goose3 Posts: 11,471 ✭✭✭
    the nerve of you people not posting an obligatory pic of HER.

• Options

<< <i>the nerve of you people not posting an obligatory pic of HER.

image >>

Please...I posted the article to have some worthwhile discussion about Tom Brady and his fiance. The thread wasn't intended to engage in lewd comments and tawdry pictures. That picture is an example of a tawdry picture.

An example of unacceptable lewd comments for this thread would include...

1. The Vegas over-under on this marriage has been listed at 2 1/2 years.

2. If there is such a thing as reincarnation, I would like to come back as that bra.

3. That girl looks like she's buried more bones than a German Shepherd.

• Options
    ymareaymarea Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Please...I posted the article to have some worthwhile discussion about Tom Brady and his fiance. >>

For the record, Tom Brady is Gisele's fiance. Gisele is Brady's finacee.
    Brett
  • Options
    Now a few news articles are stating they haven't announced their engagement.

If they ever do finally get married, that over-under should be in months, not years. LOL
  • Options
    yankeeno7yankeeno7 Posts: 9,242 ✭✭✭
    What a fool! You have all that money and you get married...he knows he is just giving the odds that he will be giving up half one day, right? Sure, there can be a prenup but from the moment he says"I do", half of his future earnings are hers. Crazy.
  • Options
    She makes some good money herself...and for Gisele, I would risk the 30-40 million or so.
    Collecting PSA graded Steve Young, Marcus Allen, Bret Saberhagen and 1980s Topps Cards.
    Raw: Tony Gonzalez (low #'d cards, and especially 1/1's) and Steve Young.
  • Options

<< <i>What a fool! You have all that money and you get married...he knows he is just giving the odds that he will be giving up half one day, right? Sure, there can be a prenup but from the moment he says"I do", half of his future earnings are hers. Crazy. >>

It does seem crazy. Look at what happened to Paul McCartney, and that dummy didn't even do a prenup.
  • Options
    SanctionIISanctionII Posts: 11,716 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I suspect that Brady's soon to be wife has a much bigger bank account than he has and that her career longevity and earnings potential are much greater than his. Perhaps she should be thinking of having him sign a pre nup to protect her assets and income from any claim he would have against her for spousal support in the event of divorce.

I understand that Giselle has multiple sisters who are also models. I wonder if any of them are interested in dating NFL quarterbacks.

Further musing. I wonder how Brady's son will adjust to having a beautiful actress as a mom and a beautiful supermodel as a step mom and an All Pro Quarterback as a dad. Lots of material comforts for that kid. Hopefully his parents will be responsible in raising him instead of dumping him with nannies and domestics while they are unavailable doing other things.
  • Options
    ConnecticoinConnecticoin Posts: 12,538 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>What a fool! You have all that money and you get married...he knows he is just giving the odds that he will be giving up half one day, right? Sure, there can be a prenup but from the moment he says"I do", half of his future earnings are hers. Crazy. >>

Gisele is wealthier than Brady, so any alimony, if any, would be paid from her to Tom.
  • Options
    Sure she's rich, and sure she's a beautiful supermodel, but does she know anything about Eagles football...that's what I wanna know.
  • Options

<< <i>1) Gisele makes much more money than Brady.

2) I personally don't find her all that attractive though obviously "beauty is in the eye of the beholder". But more than that, she is someone I'm surprised that so many others find to be so hot. I would much more have gone for Moynahan if I were Brady.

3) Not to sound mean, but I'd be very surprised if they are together 5 years, let alone 10 years, from now. However, I wish the happy couple the best.

4) I wish Brady were a better father to his son, though I am not all in the know of course but I get the impression he barely spends much time with the kid. >>

Name me one model who has ever stayed married. They just must be the world's worst beaitches in private. The only couple I can think of with a model that has been together a long time is Ringo Starr and Barbara Bach.