Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

1972 Topps Football - High Numbers

Greetings to all PSA Set Collectors out here. I'm new here and just recently discovered the set registry and decided to register my high number 1972 Topps Football Set. Allow me to introduce myself to all of you. My name is John McLane, I'm a life-long card collector, and have spent the past five years working on this my PSA obsession! As far as my limited research tells me the 3rd Series of football cards was only released in two states (New York and Michigan, I believe). I also know there was some kind of mail in offer to obtain those cards; however, I don't ever recall even knowing that these cards existed until a couple years later. This was the last ever Topps Football set issued in "series." In the mid 1990s I decided to try to assemble the ultimate 1972 Topps Football Card Set. I've spent five years very carefully assembling the 3rd Series of this classic set in high-grade PSA quality. I've attended a couple National Conventions and contacted numerous dealers and collectors to obtain these cards. I was never able to complete the 3rd Series as a 10-year-old; however, I've made up for that now. I will find those two elusive cards (in at least PSA 8 quality), John Gilliam #290 and Milt Morin #315, and then will have the complete 3rd Series. I have many high-quality duplicates to trade to those serious about collecting this set. I have all of the 1st and 2nd Series cards and will now use the 70s Registry Special in order to fill in a large chunk of the 1st and 2nd Series cards. I welcome inquiry from other collectors interested in this great set! I'd also welcome the chance to help a fellow collector as I have many duplicate 3rd Series PSA 9s and 8s, and ungraded cards, to trade or sell to those interested. Please feel free to contact me with your inquiries at jdmclane_psacollector@yahoo.com I will respond. Thanks for reading and good luck to all my fellow collectors out there!

P.S. Yes, I do love and collect Baseball as well!
Proud owner of the finest 1972 Topps Football high-number set!!!

Comments

• Options
    carkimcarkim Posts: 1,166 ✭✭
    John,

I've emailed you a couple of time and haven't heard back from you. Did you provide the correct email address on the Registry?

Carlos