Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

A Message from the President - Collecting Sports Legends

Hello All,

I hope all of you are enjoying the holidays with your family and friends.

I just wanted to give everyone an update on our book project - Collecting Sports Legends.

After a very lengthy delay, they are FINALLY here! They arrived today.

As I mentioned a few weeks ago, these books were supposed to arrive several months ago and I cannot tell you how sorry I am for the ridiculous wait. The original print run was (in our opinion) of unacceptable quality so we had the entire order of books reprinted at another facility.

In case you are not aware, these books will be sent as a gift to anyone who signs up for the PSA Collector Club (this includes all of you who have renewed or signed up since this offer began in the summer).

Next week, in our e-newsletter, we will include a substantial story about the book and include several images so everyone can get a feel for what the book looks like.

Our staff, while frustrated with the delay, is very satisfied with the quality and excited to distribute them to our great customers. These books will begin shipping Monday of next week.

In addition to being sent to our CC members, the book will be available to the public through our publisher. The books will be available online and in books stores such as Barnes and Noble, etc.

We hope to raise awareness about our hobby and get current collectors to consider expanding their horizons.

Take care and thanks so much for your patience,

Joe Orlando
President
Joe Orlando
CEO, Collectors Universe, Inc.

Comments

• Options
    JOE,

Received mine today 1/5/2009.
    Beautiful book. Well worth the wait.
    You guys did a great job.

SKYimage
    The Sky Pilot

• Options
    recbballrecbball Posts: 1,520 ✭✭✭
    Hi Joe,

Got mine too.
    A beautiful book.

Thank,
    Tom
  • Options
    Got mine today...DROOOOOL! Great job...
    I NEED HANKS!!!
  • Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,491 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I even started a thank you thread I was so pleased with the book!

Again- PHENOMINAL job!
  • Options
    GriffinsGriffins Posts: 6,076 ✭✭✭
    Got mine the other day. Same book that was given out at the registry luncheon (which was a really nice bonus) but considerably better printing and binding. Excellent job, and worth waiting for.
    Thanks Joe!

Always looking for Topps Salesman Samples, pre '51 unopened packs, E90-2, E91a, N690 Kalamazoo Bats, and T204 Square Frame Ramly's

• Options

Hello everyone,

First, let me say that I have been overwhelmed by the amount of positive feedback on the book. I have received many emails, voicemails and texts regarding the book and it is greatly appreciated.

I have a favor to ask of anyone who has received an early copy. If you have the time and feel the book is worthy of a positive review, please take the time to add one on one of the sites offering the book - such as Amazon, Barnes and Noble, etc.

These sites usually have a section where people can post reviews for books.

Our staff would be very thankful for that. The more new people we can get to view the book, perhaps, the more new collectors we can bring into the hobby and that is good for everyone.

Thanks for your kind words, your time and I really do hope you enjoy it.

Take care,

Joe Orlando
    President
    Joe Orlando
    CEO, Collectors Universe, Inc.
  • Options
    divecchiadivecchia Posts: 6,527 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks to all who work on this book. It's a keeper. Great job!!!

Donato
    Hobbyist & Collector (not an investor).
    Donato's Complete US Type Set ---- Donato's Dansco 7070 Modified Type Set ---- Donato's Basic U.S. Coin Design Set

Successful transactions: Shrub68 (Jim), MWallace (Mike)
  • Options
    Mickey71Mickey71 Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭✭
    I'm very honored that George Bush would post this message.image
  • Options
    jradke4jradke4 Posts: 3,573 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Got mine the other day. Same book that was given out at the registry luncheon (which was a really nice bonus) but considerably better printing and binding. Excellent job, and worth waiting for.
    Thanks Joe! >>

I got one at the luncheon and one in the mail for helping with one of the photos. To me it appears that the newer one is much thicker than the one at the luncheon. I will have to look up where I have the luncheon one stashed to check it out.
    Packers Fan for Life
    Collecting:
    Brett Favre Master Set
    Favre Ticket Stubs
    Favre TD Reciever Autos
    Football HOF Player/etc. Auto Set
    Football HOF Rc's
  • Options
    jeffcbayjeffcbay Posts: 8,948 ✭✭✭✭
    It's not time for me to renew my membership any time soon, but I'm still going to purchase this book. Thanks for all the effort!
  • Options
    RobBobGolfRobBobGolf Posts: 414 ✭✭✭
    Received my book last week, thanks Joe. This is much more of a book than I was anticipating, true coffee table material.
    Serving Ice-Custard-Happiness since 2006

• Options
    Still haven't got mine yet.
  • Options
    ken61ken61 Posts: 55 ✭✭
    Great book!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    ElemenopeoElemenopeo Posts: 2,577 ✭✭

<< <i>Still haven't got mine yet. >>

Same here. We must be at the bottom of the list.

• Options
    bighurt2000bighurt2000 Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭
    Joe,
    Nice book what happened to Thomas 1990 Leaf? Also I think you should and add
    Pujols 2001 Bowman Chrome in there and lose Bonds.

James
  • Options
    Fine Job Joe!

My copy is resting in full view on the coffee table in our family room image