Home Testing Forum
Options

slm

marmacmarmac Posts: 1,427 ✭✭✭
Good day- Based on some personal issues I have come to the very difficult decision of selling off much of my collection. This is a bit unfortunate, but it is just another chapter in life and in my coin collecting pursuit which I will continue with going ahead.
I’ve enjoyed these boards for a number of years. Learned a tremendous amount from fellow members and even made a few friends with fellow hobbyists in the process.
In my opinion this board is one of the top tier venues for grass roots hobbyists. Where else can major players and newbies rub elbows over this common interest? Based on that, I would like to offer much of what I will be selling through the BST board before moving it on to other venues.
Over the next couple of months I will be listing a variety of coins in all series and denominations and a portion of my reference library.
My collecting has run the gamut over the years becoming more and more focused over time. For the last number of years my interest has been limited to half cents in particular, with the occasional type coin tossed in but before that I enjoyed a number of series and my listings will reflect that. My collection has come from any and all venues- ebay, shops, coin shows large and small, the big auction houses online and in person….
Purchase details: I am happy to entertain all the usual methods for transactions(money order, personal check, paypal). I will say that I am looking to maximize my return as anyone in “sell mode” would be and would rank paypal at the bottom of the payment options simply based on the commission fees. That said, I am happy to take paypal but this is a factor in price negotiations.
Shipping details- These will be rounded off and commensurate with the item shipped and kept reasonable.
Returns/Pictures: First and foremost I am a collector. A five day notification period for return of an item is extended to all. My photography skills lack and I realize that, but perhaps as I work through this they will sharpen.
Descriptions: In a nut shell, these are my opinions. However, I will try as best to describe each item truthfully and as objectively as an “owner” can.
So let us begin………..
1878-cc PCGS 64 $1.00
Old rattler and a very pq coin. Boomong luster and frosty white, very upper end for the grade. This is a lovely example with the right “look”, unlike so many that you come across. Nice contrasting devices and fields though not warranting a PL designation. Priced strongly $700.00

1881-s NGC 63 $1.00
A beautifully toned S mint dollar. I have always had a soft spot for attractively toned S mint dollars and this is one of them. This was purchased from Russ a number of years ago. Excellent luster and simply a beautifully toned dollar. Priced $150.00

1885- cc ANACS 63 $1.00
Encapsulated in the old white holder. A truly beautiful Carson City dollar. The obverse is frosty and fresh with toning creeping in from k2, great luster. The reverse is bag toned and spectacular. This piece is accurately graded in my opinion and I would see no reason it would not cross at PCGS. That said, I make no claims or guarantees of that. All in all, it’s a very nice 85-cc and pq for a 63 in my opinion and gorgeously toned, accordingly Priced $750.00
1885-s PCGS 62 $1.00
A better date S mint example. Accurately graded with a few too many disturbances to warrant a 63. Attractive for the grade with hints of toning migrating inward from the peripheral on both sides. Priced $200.00
1886-s PCGS 64 $1.00
Older green holder. Another tougher S mint date. A date that is rarely pushed and always underrated. The obverse has good luster subdued under darker toning with minimal marks for the grade. The reverse ringed with peripheral toning. A nice coin and very solid for the grade. Priced $675.00

1888-s PCGS 63 $1.00
Another tougher better date S-mint dollar. Solid for the grade and attractive with marks consistent for a 63. Coin values lists this at $550.00, a bit ambitious…. Priced $375.00
1889-s PCGS 63 $1.00
Better date. Proof like qualities(somewhat common on the issue) on both the obverse and reverse. Lovely toning containing on both sides make this an attractive piece to the eye. Very solid for the grade with minimal marks for a 63. A snowy winter day and this coin in hand under a light is an enjoyable afternoon in itself. Priced $300.00
1894-s PCGS 64 $1.00
A tough coin in mint state for anyone ones wallet and even tougher in 64. Very solid for a 64 with nice cheek. Great luster and look. If you are in the market for this tough issue it’s a nice opportunity. Numismedia wholesale values this at $1725.00, Priced $1650.00
1900-s PCGS 63 $1.00
Ex- Mark Feld. Excellent eye appeal, gorgeously toned obverse and reverse, solid for the grade. Ringed in electric blue and just a beautiful example of a tougher issue to find attractively toned. The pictures do not do this justice, Priced $380.00
1903-s Micro “s” PCGS VG10 $1.00
Plain and simple, it’s one of my favorite dates! I have always been a fan of the 03-s as it has been a sleeper for so long in my opinion. With the onset of PCGS offering the vam attribution service the light began to shine on the micro “S”-letting the cat out of the bag,ratz! It’s a tough vam to find these days unattributed. This piece is just the way you want them, crusty and original. The stories this piece could tell…Priced $ 350.00

Comments