Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Help! Best way to ship a set?

I am going to be parting with my 75 set, I have had it sitting in a binder since 1981 and don't want anything to happen to it in transit. What is the best way to ship it out? Do I take all the cards out and put them in Card Savers? What is the best way, never sent a full set out before. Thanks!
"If someone tells you that money is the root of all evil. They don't have any"

Comments

• Options
    i recently shipped out a partial set of 66's all in pages and a binder, fit perfect in a large rate priority box. All the card were snug in the sleeves, but i plastic wrapped every 7-10 pages in plastic wrap, tight and taped, then bound all the pages together with bubble wrap; then bubble wrapped the hole binder and packed the box with foam peanuts image

make sure you send it with signature confirmation etc. + insurance
  • Options
    sfmays24sfmays24 Posts: 1,002 ✭✭
    I agree... "signature confirmation etc. + insurance" ...is a must!

I did not receive a package from a fellow board member that was sent with delivery confirmation... it apparently was delivered to the wrong address (I'm out over $50) and my kids cheated out of a Christmas present. Delivery confirmation shows it was delivered to a city, not an address... no proof of delivery to us, as I observed it was not on the day it indicates.

PM if you want more details before shipping.

Mike
  • Options
    I know about sending with insurance etc etc, I am talking about the safest way so nothing happens to the cards.
    "If someone tells you that money is the root of all evil. They don't have any"
  • Options
    Ironic that the cards were "lost" but the cards still managed to get crossed off of said persons wantlist ...hmm.
  • Options

<< <i>i recently shipped out a partial set of 66's all in pages and a binder, fit perfect in a large rate priority box. All the card were snug in the sleeves, but i plastic wrapped every 7-10 pages in plastic wrap, tight and taped, then bound all the pages together with bubble wrap; then bubble wrapped the hole binder and packed the box with foam peanuts image >>

It would take plifter nearly 87 hours to open that.

That's because he tears things open with his butt cheeks during a good round of sqwats. And sometimes he slaps them open with his man boobs.
  • Options
    BunchOBullBunchOBull Posts: 6,188 ✭✭✭
    I also recommend placing a sheet of cardboard between every 15 or 20 pages...sandwiching helps.
    Collector of most things Frank Thomas. www.BigHurtHOF.com
  • Options
    Who did you sell it to, you pimped it to just about everybody on this board? Almost like you auctioned the thing the way you played it up. Are these cards trimmed, dude?