Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

1993 pinnacle dufex and promo

As a player collector, it amazes me at some of the odd issues I find myself chasing. In 1993 Pinnacle produced a 30-card set called Cooperstown. D. Murph was lucky enough to be included in this set.

After some info digging I found out that this set has three different printings
1. Regular
2. Dufex
3. Promo

I have no questions regarding the first issue

The second "Dufex" was printed at 1000 sets and distributed at the SCAI trade show in 93. I need this card. Very few of these ever makes it to Ebay and when they do, its usually a battle. Yet to win one. Anyone have one and willing to part with him, just PM me.

The third, "Promo" is the one I have questions about.
1) does anyone know the number of them printed?
2) Does PSA grade them
3) If so, what's the pop report?

Any additional info on the Dufex or Promo's would be appreciated
collecting Dale Murphy and OPC

Comments

• Options
    BunchOBullBunchOBull Posts: 6,188 ✭✭✭
    The Promo is more rare than the Dufex and is the true prize...that being said...the print run is...ehh, good question. Make sure the word "promo" is printed under the UV coating though...some folks will try to fake it by using a regular issue with a promo label on top of the UV coating.

I don't know if PSA grades them or not...it is debated whether or not the PROMO is a real issue...but it absolutely, without question is.
    Collector of most things Frank Thomas. www.BigHurtHOF.com
  • Options
    I don't see them anywhere in the Pop Report.
  • Options
    BunchOBullBunchOBull Posts: 6,188 ✭✭✭
    Collector of most things Frank Thomas. www.BigHurtHOF.com
  • Options
    The Ozzie dufex was a huge pain to get. I had never heard the print or about the promo version until now. Thanks for the info! But, now I need to add the promo version to my search.
    White Whales:
    1996 Select Certified Mirror Gold Ozzie Smith
    2006 Bowman Chrome Orange Refractor Chris Carpenter