Home Metal Detecting
Options

Indian arrowheads

Hi,
I had mentioned that I use my modern coin finds to purchase collectibles like certified coins, autographs and Indain artifacts. Metalmeister had ask to see some of the indain item so here's what I came across in one of my safes. I apoligive for the poor quality scans. This is all new to me. Some of the arrowheads were left in there containers. I hate to handle the artifacts, they are very easily broke. The big stone item is a celt. Something similar to an axe.
el Tesoro Cazador

Digging trash and treasure since 1977

Comments

• Options
    nice stuff but geez how many safes you have?
  • Options
    3 but I need another big one. Unfortunately autographs take up alot of space. I auctioned off my coin collection years ago and bought rare certified coins. The bank safety deposit box fee was killing me. Then I started collecting autographs. I have at least 2000 to 3000 now. Mostly signed index cards though. Many signed books and photos also. When I was a kid I collected it all. Old shoes, books, car tags, hub caps, bottles, insulators, photos, coins, etc..... I have a collector bug I guess. Sometimes I wish I could sell it all and purchase one valuble item. Like land maybe. Anyway I try to keep themlocked up so there are harder to steal.
    el Tesoro Cazador
  • Options
    heres a tip yesterday on craigslist. under conn,fairfield county collectables.stamford mutiple post by one old guy.
  • Options
    Thanks but no thanks. I'm not ready to sell yet.
  • Options
    metalmeistermetalmeister Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice Arrowheads Tesorocazador. Wow, 8000+ years old!
    Nice collection
    Thanks for sharing
    email: ccacollectibles@yahoo.com

100% Positive BST transactions
  • Options
    pocketpiececommemspocketpiececommems Posts: 5,748 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Did you purchase all of the arrowheads with MD found money? Do you ever MD fields that also have arrowheads in them? That is the kind of site that is really fun for me.
  • Options
    All the arrowheads shown were either bought with clad and copper coins I found or traded for with silver coins I have found. Mostly common silver and such. I have never found an arrowhead while detecting. I was with a fellow treasure hunter once at the battle field of Parkers Crossroads Tennessee when he found a perfect arrowhead. When I was a kid in Alabama we use to find them all the time in fields and along the Tennessee river but I wasn't metal detecting at the time. I still find an occasional broken piece around some land I own in Northern Arkansas. I keep all the bits and pieces outside in the shed. I love finding them but I don't put the effort in that it takes to find them.
    el Tesoro Cazador