Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

PSA Grading Specials

First of all, I think Carol and Joe Orlando deserve some kudos for announcing the January grading specials nearly two weeks in advance. Certainly a first and much appreciated so we PSA customers can prepare and plan for our submissions. Secondly, the "special" that everyone always requests has once again arrived, that being the $5.00 / $6.00 per card deal. I don't think it will get much better that 1956-68 at $6.00 and 1969 to present at $5.00. All those collectors who moan when each monthly special is announced can take heart that now is the time to send in all those piles of cards they have set aside for grading. I think PSA will have all their graders busy for awhile come early January. Anyway, I know how I will spend some of my holiday vacation time.....sorting through all my 50's and 60's commons, looking for potential 9's! Happy holidays to all and thanks PSA for the early "heads up!"

Comments

• Options
    milbrocomilbroco Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭
    I agree. This was a very nice Christmas present for both announcing the specials so early AND the specials themselves. I also know what I will be doing during some of the holiday.............and I don't mean cleaning my kids playroom.
    Thanks Joe and Corol!
    Bob
    ebay seller name milbroco
    email bcmiller7@comcast.net
  • Options
    jeffcbayjeffcbay Posts: 8,948 ✭✭✭✭
    Yep, that was really cool of them. Just when it seemed people were losing faith in PSA, they come up with this awesome special! Kudos indeed.
  • Options
    I'm impressed of how they changed the special... it was initially up to 1968 and after 1972.... after a few days 1969,70, and 71 were added which are the years I collect!! Hats off to psa for stimulating the economy! They are going to be seeing some of my Minnesota money!!
    Paul
  • Options
    markj111markj111 Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭
    I am grateful for the special, but I got the short end of the stick. I just put together 125 card vintage bulk, several of which were 69s and 71s. It was ready to go when the special was announced, except for needing two cards through the mail. I was then faced with the option of redoing the whole thing to get the $5 price, or just letting it go. I chose the latter option and put it in the mail this morning. Stuff happens. Anyway, it is a nice special. I might do another sub in January if Santa comes through.
  • Options
    Has anyone ever seen a Grading Special for "cards up to $500" better than the current special of $14 each? If so, maybe I'll wait a little longer before I submit. Thanks.
  • Options

<< <i>Has anyone ever seen a Grading Special for "cards up to $500" better than the current special of $14 each? If so, maybe I'll wait a little longer before I submit. Thanks. >>

I was wondering, too.
  • Options
    jeffcbayjeffcbay Posts: 8,948 ✭✭✭✭
    I don't recall any specials for cards with that high of a value.