Home PCGS Set Registry Forum
Options

Its official...I now own 2 Lincoln Cents!!!

StoogeStooge Posts: 4,649 ✭✭✭✭✭
As all of you know, I sold my Roosies, and have since been floating out there in what I call "lost collecting space". I've been buying a few here and submitting a few there, but this last purchase will make your mouth hit the floor.

Yes, I bought 2 Lincoln Cents from Tazmicenterprises!

I now own a 2005 and 2006 MS69RD Satin Finish Lincoln. I'm sure I have pissed off a few Roosie collectors, not to mention the SF haters.

They are quite nice and better than I ever expected. I wanted to publicly say thank you to Tazmicenterprises here on the boards for selling me these 2 fine coins. He was also so kind enough to send them to me with free shipping.

P.S. If you MPL nerds think I'm ever going to collect these exclusively, think again! image

Later, Paul.

Later, Paul.

Comments

• Options
    lasvegasteddylasvegasteddy Posts: 10,408 ✭✭✭
    ah...just come out the closet already will yaimageimageimage

sumthang about you in a closet playin with lil rosies...well it just ain't rightimage
    everything in life is but merely on loan to us by our appreciation....lose your appreciation and see

• Options
    ambro51ambro51 Posts: 13,608 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You've found the only way to get recent Lincolns without those freaking black pool spots.

But, you may have a few on a 69, do you?
  • Options
    DIMEMANDIMEMAN Posts: 22,403 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    mas3387mas3387 Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭
    Thanks Paul !!!!

Good to hear you are pleased with your purchase. I did review the coins before they where shipped and both where very nice coins.

Happy Holidays

Michael
  • Options
    DMWJRDMWJR Posts: 5,975 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I knew you would eventually see the light! Dimes are a pleasant distraction, but cents are collected for a lifetime.
    Doug
  • Options
    ChrisRxChrisRx Posts: 5,619 ✭✭✭✭
    Time to step up to the plate and own a REAL Lincoln (aka not modern crap!)
  • Options
    image to the Land of Lincoln.

RegistryNut image
  • Options

<< <i>Thanks Paul !!!!

Good to hear you are pleased with your purchase. I did review the coins before they where shipped and both where very nice coins.

Happy Holidays

Michael >>

I only WISH I could find Roosies this nice. The MS69FB's don't even compare to these. Its amazing. Also if I were to spend say $4,000 it would not be on a MPL for sure.

Later, Paul.

Later, Paul.
  • Options
    Dan50Dan50 Posts: 1,809 ✭✭✭
    Dan
  • Options

<< <i> I'm sure I have pissed off a few Roosie collectors, not to mention the SF haters. >>

No one can tell you what you should or should not collect. Power on...
    Did want to ask how the box of dimes turned out.
    I received a box of 08-D's in the mail today.
    And lo-and- behold, wifey just called and told me she had two boxs of dimes that came in her new coin shipment at the bank.
    Life sure is good, merry Christmas to all... HO HO HO
    Dan
  • Options

<< <i>

Yes, I bought 2 Lincoln Cents from Tazmicenterprises!

I now own a 2005 and 2006 MS69RD Satin Finish Lincoln. I'm sure I have pissed off a few Roosie collectors, not to mention the SF haters.

They are quite nice and better than I ever expected. I wanted to publicly say thank you to Tazmicenterprises here on the boards for selling me these 2 fine coins. He was also so kind enough to send them to me with free shipping.
    >>

Congradulations on your new set adventure. I must agree with you about Tazmicenterprises. I just received 3 Kennedy halves I bought from them on ebay. The coins were spectacular. Tazmicenterprises ship quickly and are very friendly and helpful. Carlsbad is the same. It is nice to see board members that run a class operation on ebay.
  • Options
    All you say is true, but don't brag on them in public, they might get the big head... image
    Dan
  • Options
    Stooge-

Ted is right; you've made a big move....

I can say I have been watching from afar with admiration as you defended your Roosies. And you know what, you got me looking at them, and some are beautiful. I can see how the habit can be formed. But now that you have taken that first step and admitted your problem, and went so far as to seek help, please know that you have a support group in the Lincoln community who will help you through. And a real Lincoln man will never leave you in the trenches. Here is a little SMS color, in the form of Abe, to brighten your Christmas Eve (I chose an SMS as they have SMS in Roosies too - so the change should be somewhat familiar, and not dramatically painful). On top of that, I'm honoring your new counselor Teddy - an SMS man. You can talk to Ted about your issues image

Duane

PCGS 1965 SMS BPL BN66

• Options
    I think the "holy grail' of modern Lincolns would be a PCGS MS70RD set of the commemerative 2009's.

Good luck Tazmic on this endeavour. Just remember to PM me first when you get them in hand image
  • Options
    After seeing your enthusiastic energy on the coins from Tazmic I have been looking at his site for some time looking at high grade Kennedy`s I just bought a 2005 P MS 68 for $9.95 and he threw in the shipping for free as well...cant wait to see the coin thanks Michael very much... a MS 68 coin for that price you cant go wrong...good luck with your new Lincolns the addiction carries on....
  • Options
    I intend on buying more Satin Finish holdered MS69 coins from Taz and Coinfame. They are both well deserving dealers.

Later, Paul.

Later, Paul.
  • Options
    SwampboySwampboy Posts: 12,886 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Duane,
    That coin is amazing.image
  • Options
    I too have recently bought some of the MS 68 Kennedy Halves for les than 10 bucks each (2006D, 2007P), with free shipping.

Looking forward to viewing the coins and thinking about starting another set than dimes.

BTW, 2008 MS 69 dimes are now starting to come up on Ebay from Tazmic.....think I'll wait on the sidelines and let the deeper pockets pick up the early ones but you can get the pair right now for $125 BIN, free shipping as well.

JB
  • Options
    I bought one of the MS70RD 2006 SF's, a beautiful spot free coin made by Tazmic

When I got it the PCGS list was 900 Just last week it finally bumped all the way up to 1600.

• Options
    mas3387mas3387 Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭
    No more MS70 Satin Finish Lincoln’s for quite a while !!!!!
  • Options
    I just picked up a real nice 2005-P PCGS MS69 California satin Finish and its flawless!

Thanks Michael!

Paul.

Later, Paul.
  • Options
    Its best to see a "good" picture of the coin, and spend a few extra bucks for the higher graded and "priced" coins, the satin finish is beautiful in the blast white coins, but looks to be a regular unc in later minted coins in the same grade off a waring die, a MS 68 SF Kennedy price fluctuates from $9.95 to $55.00 for the same coin, I bought one of the $9.95 low end SF but there is no comparison to the $45.00 - $55.00 coin side by side, you get what you pay for...the coin I bought lacks the luster of a good SF, and has a few nicks on the face but still has a 68 grade but not a "true" satin" like intended...pay the extra for the better coin even if only to aquire one for a collection, MS 68 SF still can look like regular unc for a ten dollar coin....