Home Sports Talk
Options

Which NFL player did you play against in HS?

Well he is retired now, but Cameron Cleeland played for Sedro Wolley, Wa and I went to Stanwood, Wa. I remember the coaches talking alot about him back then. However he was kinda clutsy back then, turned into a decent TE in the NFL. I think I tackled him once but I was a backup, so it might have been a kickoff or something. Pretty sure I did but anyways...

Thats all for me, anyone pick off a famous qb? That would be cool image
Am I speaking Chinese?

Comments

• Options
    stevekstevek Posts: 27,849 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I played high school football and will be the first to admit I wasn't very good. LOL

I know none of the players on my school's team got a college scholarship offer or even played in college - Don't know about the other teams but if any would have made the pros I think I would have heard about it.
  • Options
    ConnecticoinConnecticoin Posts: 12,544 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My Dad played against Gayle Sayers in high school. Dad played for Omaha North and Sayers for Omaha Central. North beat Central something like 12-10, and the Omaha World Hearld had a picture of my Dad tackling Sayers by the legs.
  • Options
    I actually played with two NFL players in high school:

Rob Fada (Fairborn Park Hills 1979 / Chicago Bears/KC Chiefs)
    Kevin Glover (Largo Senior High 1980, 1981 / Detroit Lions/ Seattle Seahawks)

Both were very good (obviously) but Kevin was a Beast.
    Collecting:
    Dallas Cowboys
    SuperBowl MVPs
    Heisman Trophy Winers
  • Options

<< <i>My Dad played against Gayle Sayers in high school. Dad played for Omaha North and Sayers for Omaha Central. North beat Central something like 12-10, and the Omaha World Hearld had a picture of my Dad tackling Sayers by the legs. >>

As you probably know, Nebraska wanted Sayers badly, but I believe he chose Kansas because he felt Kansas we better
    "suited" for him.
  • Options
    tnsprotnspro Posts: 786 ✭✭✭
    I played against Greg Skrepenak (Michigan, Raiders, Panthers) and Marc Spindler (Pittsburgh U., Lions, Jets). We had a 6'5 tackle going up against Spindler. When Marc blocked 2 extra point attempts, on the third one, they took the 6'5 guy out and for some reason put me in...the sky was cloudy that day my friends...

Currency Wants: Any note with serial number 00000731
  • Options
    ConnecticoinConnecticoin Posts: 12,544 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>My Dad played against Gayle Sayers in high school. Dad played for Omaha North and Sayers for Omaha Central. North beat Central something like 12-10, and the Omaha World Hearld had a picture of my Dad tackling Sayers by the legs. >>

As you probably know, Nebraska wanted Sayers badly, but I believe he chose Kansas because he felt Kansas we better
    "suited" for him. >>

Yes, and this was in 1963, just when Devaney started coaching Nebraska. Kansas was actually a more "established" football program then. Now Omaha just loses their best basketball players to Kansas.
  • Options
    BigDaddyBowmanBigDaddyBowman Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭
    My Sophomore year I played against Percy Snow who played for the Canton McKinley Bulldogs, Michigan State and KC Chiefs and my Junior year against Robert Smith who played for Euclid High, Ohio State and Minnesota Vikings. Our team lost a combined 110-0 to both teams I believe

I have coached against Several pro players.....Alex Stepanovich of Berea High/Ohio State/Cincinati Bengals, Lee Evans of Bedford High/ Wisconsin/Buffalo Bills, David Patterson Warrensville High/Ohio State/not sure what pro team, Roy Hall.Brush High/Ohio State/Colts, Jason Trusnik/Nordonia High/Ohio Northern/Jets,Nate Clements Shaker Hts High/Ohio State/49ers amongst others...
  • Options
    I just wrapped up my high school football careers so I obviously haven't played against anyone in the NFL as of yet. We've had a bunch pass through surrounding schools (Reggie Nelson, Joe Cohen, etc), and one from my school recently (Leonard Weaver), but I was a couple years to play with those guys.

Here's my current list, as far as D1 players goes. Everyone but Haulstead and Broomfield(still in HS) is a Freshman/Soph in college this year.

I played backyard football with Julio Jones (Alabama) two summers ago. He's a cousin of one of my friends.
    Mike Woolfolk- OL Air Force (played WITH him)
    Willie Haulstead- WR Florida State (had to go 1 on 1 against this guy this year)
    Ramon Buchanon- LB Miami (FL)
    David Rowe- DB Rutgers
    Mike Williams- WR Wake Forest
    Tony Walding- LB Florida Atlantic
    Muhammad De'Reese- FB UCF
    Corey Broomfield- DB MS ST
    Deon Broomfield- Iowa St

By the way......my cousin is an NAIA All American punter who is set to graduate this spring. He was recently flown up to Buffalo, by the Bills, for a tryout, the weekend after his season ended. That'd be amazing if he could land somehwere, whether it's NFL, CFL, etc.

There are more kickin around in 1-AA or D2,D3, but I figure this list was good enough. I should be able to add a lot more in February (signing day).
  • Options
    mommam17mommam17 Posts: 971 ✭✭✭
    My son played against Dwight Freeney and Pennock in the 1996 Class M championship game in Connecticut. We won but they were only sophmores.
  • Options
    markj111markj111 Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭
    My son played on a baseball team with Evan Mathis, an offensive lineman for the Bengals. I went to the same high school as Phillip Rivers, but I was there much earlier.
  • Options
    wolfbearwolfbear Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭

Reggie Bush went to my high school,
    but a few decades after I had already been kicked out.
    Pix of 'My Kids'

"How about a little fire Scarecrow ?"
  • Options
    lawnmowermanlawnmowerman Posts: 19,477 ✭✭✭✭
    I went to school with William Floyd, Ernest Givens, Tom Carter and few others that elude me right now.
  • Options
    calaban7calaban7 Posts: 3,002 ✭✭✭
    I went to school and played ball with Fuzzy Nelson , who played for the Dolphins . He was a big guy with a big heart , very nice but had a half a walnut for a brain . He was the type that thought smashing unopened beer cans on the forehead was cool.

I was just the kicker, but was sure glad he was on our team. I think he was on their roster for a couple of years.
    " In a time of universal deceit , telling the truth is a revolutionary act " --- George Orwell