Home World & Ancient Coins Forum

2009 Silver Britannia First Photo

The British Royal Mint announced yesterday that the 2009 Silver Britannia will feature Philip Nathan’s dynamic portrayal of Britannia standing proud in her horse-drawn chariot, which first appeared on the 1997 Proof Silver Britannia and later on the 1999 Uncirculated Silver Britannia.

I am on the fence whether or not to stock these coins since the BRM premium is very high. I would have to retail these coins in the $25-26 range each to make it worthwhile.

Is anyone out there willing to pay such a high price for an uncirculated silver bullion coin?

My eBay Auctions

Silver Eagle Coin Company Website
Silver Chinese Pandas, Canadian Maple Leafs, Australian Kookaburras, Mexican Libertads, and Austrian Philharmonics NOW AVAILABLE at Excellent Prices!

Comments

• StorkStork Posts: 5,205 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yay--my favorite of all the Britannia designs image

and heck yeah, I'll be a buyer!

Cathy

• pendragon1998pendragon1998 Posts: 2,070 ✭✭✭
    Well, I'm a bit disappointed to see a recycled design, but I'm sure these will sell at least as well as the previous issues. Demand for the series ought to increase over the next few years, in part due to the new britannia registry set over at NGC. I'm definitely going to be a buyer for this year - I might even look into buying a tube if they're available. Unless they come out with some better packaging for the individual coins (the previous issues have had #@$%@# open-fronted capsules in a plastic sleeve), I'm going to have to think long and hard about how I'll buy them.
  • Id certainly be a buyer.. at the right price. image
    Coin enthusiast since 1992
  • Thanks silvereaglecoins. I was wondering what they were going to use for 2009. Do you know about the packaging this year?
  • 7Jaguars7Jaguars Posts: 7,388 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would buy one dep. on shipping, etc. What would be net?
    Love that Milled British (1830-1960)
    Well, just Love coins, period.
  • I'll find out about the packaging from the BRM... Early dates came in tubes of 20 coins, middle dates came in "tight fitting" 20 coin blister sheets, and recent dates came in "loose fitting" 20 coin blister sheets. These loose fitting sheets are terrible since the coins slide around inside the "blister" and the high points of the coin (usually the Queen's cheek) get all scuffed up. It is nearly impossible to find a 2007 Britannia without scuff marks on the cheek.
    My eBay Auctions

Silver Eagle Coin Company Website
    Silver Chinese Pandas, Canadian Maple Leafs, Australian Kookaburras, Mexican Libertads, and Austrian Philharmonics NOW AVAILABLE at Excellent Prices!
  • sbeverlysbeverly Posts: 962 ✭✭✭

I have two sets of Britannia's and a Good friend has a set.

I would be a buyer of 3 of the 2009's.
    Positive transactions with Cladiator, Meltdown, ajbauman, LeeG, route66,DennisH,Hmann,FilamCoins,mgoodm3,terburn88,MrOrganic, weg,dcarr,guitarwes,Zubie,Barndog,wondercoin,braddick,etc...
  • TootawlTootawl Posts: 5,877 ✭✭✭

<< <i>It is nearly impossible to find a 2007 Britannia without scuff marks on the cheek. >>

Ain't that the truth!!
    PCGS Currency: HOF 2013, Best Low Ball Set 2009-2014, 2016, 2018. Appreciation Award 2015, Best Showcase 2018, Numerous others.