Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

HELP -- What is the value of an Albert Pujols 2001 Playoff Absolute #157 PSA 8?

HELP -- What is the value of an Albert Pujols 2001 Playoff Absolute #157 (Memorabilia -- Base) in PSA 8?

I got a call from PSA Customer Service today saying that the card that I had submitted was damaged during the grading and slabbing process. "Matt" told me that the card received a grade of "8" but when it came for final review after slabbing, it was re-graded a "4." PSA accepts responsibility for this and they are willing to cut a check for the $300 declared value for the card. I told them that this seemed like a fair offer, but I reserved the right to ask for higher compensation if I thought that the actual market value of this card in PSA 8 would be higher than $300.

I have not been able to find this card on eBay in any PSA grade over the past year (2 graded "8" and 2 graded "9"), and so I though that I would pose this question on this forum to get your thoughts. If the response came in higher than $300, I was planning to ask for that amount in vouchers, which I consider cash-good, since I am going submit 100+ Dale Murphy oddball items soon.

Thanks in advance,
Min

Comments

• Options
    I am not very fimiliar with this card but having said that, I would guess $300 is a fair price.
  • Options
    very fair price ....

considering you can buy the raw card for around $60-$120....

although, there are not many graded versions of this card due to its thickness...

Msohn, im expecting a run from you on the Pujols Rookie Set....i already know you have a PSA 10 Bowman Chrome....
  • Options
    mickeymantle24mickeymantle24 Posts: 2,768 ✭✭✭
    Seens like a decent offer. IMO