Home PCGS Set Registry Forum

PCGS CANT FIND MY INFORMATION TO MY REGISTRY SET WHY??? MITCH HELP...

I find this to be very interesting haven`t been to the boards in quite a few years stopped by to say hello look up old friends and my old set and nothing shows for the Langley set ever being formed...how is it possible all that information was lost it was a Registered Set....

Mitch you still know a few coins that ended up in Richard Greens set so I can track down cert #s?? I know my coins were distributed in many sets... I find this to be a shocking putting together the set listing the coins and PCGS has NO RECORD...I know its been awhile but how is that information lost???

Gayle sees nothing from my e-mail address the same since...or last name...name of the set... paid my fees...supported the Registry and its all lost in space....

Interesting.....

Comments

• braddickbraddick Posts: 22,995 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good to see you back!
    Don't be such a stranger. I always enjoyed your comments and posts.

peacockcoins

• wondercoinwondercoin Posts: 16,649 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Matt - Half your coins went into the Green set! Just have whomever you are dealing with at set registry give me a call next week and I would be happy to help. Give them (949) 394-7122.

Wondercoin
    Please visit my website at www.wondercoins.com and my ebay auctions under my user name www.wondercoin.com.
  • Hello Pat...glad your still around was a little surprised not seeing any recent posts then I saw your total you have been busy...hope all has been well...and no more Kennedy set for you...on to different sets IM sure....

still wondering how my information has been lost...very puzzling...
  • LindeDadLindeDad Posts: 18,766 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think this might be your set.

Text

It is a retired number one set and certian parts of the name fit your profile.

• RegistryCoinRegistryCoin Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭✭
    Hi Matt. It's good to see you post. Welcome back!

<< <i>I think this might be your set.

Text

image >>

Wow! Talk about some killer Kennedy halves in that retired set. Matt, if that one was yours those are amazing. MS67 business strike 40%'ers? You don't see those everyday.

peacockcoins

• << <i>I think this might be your set.

Text

image >>

LindeDad,

Balcerak's Kennedy's set looks like a great set, I'm puzled a little bit when the set says it was number one in 2005 when Richard Green's set was number one from 2002 - 2006. Also it couldn't be Matt's set if it was still around in 2005 when Green started his set in 2002.

Tim
  • TwincamTwincam Posts: 814 ✭✭

<< <i>Balcerak's Kennedy's set looks like a great set, I'm puzled a little bit when the set says it was number one in 2005 when Richard Green's set was number one from 2002 - 2006. Also it couldn't be Matt's set if it was still around in 2005 when Green started his set in 2002. >>

That is puzzling...unless that set was tied with Richard in 2005...which seems highly unlikely image
  • Tim your correct I checked that set over very close but not mine...I know the set use to be there just dont understand it not showing up now...also wish I could pin point cert #s IM sure a few are in your sons set but after Mitch sold it coins went every where...it just seems to be very odd no trace at all even to the point PCGS thought I might have had an NGC set...sorry I dont buy NGC coins...just a personal choice...a guess I felt a littled cheated so many of my great coins lost with no record at all of what once was....image oh well will see if anything will change when Gayle calls Mitch....
  • PS

I guess the part bugging me most it was a former # 1 set....
    Matt: Let me summarize the situation so you can inform set registry:

1. Your set and Registrycoin's set was tied for #1 - dead heat at the time. It appears to me that NEITHER of your sets are listed in the retired set registry at this point.

2. I purchased both #1 sets in a deal that allowed RG to "cherrypick" whatever coin he wanted from either set. Those coins formed the "guts" of RG's set for many years, but, of course, he upgraded coins over the years so some of these original coins did eventually get scattered around.

3. I kept the coins RG did not select from the (2) #1 sets. So, I ended up at the time with a #2 MS set right behind RG's. I added a coin here and there but have not kept up with the MS Kennedys the way I would like to. It is on my things to do list for 2009. No doubt some coins from the original #1 sets of Matt and Steve are still in my registered set.

So, I would think it would not be too difficult to figure out what may have happened to both Steve and Matt's former #1 sets in the registry and I am happy to assist with that investigation.

Wondercoin
    Please visit my website at www.wondercoins.com and my ebay auctions under my user name www.wondercoin.com.
    Mitch also purchased my top five business strike Kennedy set at that time, so Mitch- you had probably the lion's share of top pop tough Kennedys back then.

peacockcoins

• << <i>Tim your correct I checked that set over very close but not mine...I know the set use to be there just dont understand it not showing up now...also wish I could pin point cert #s IM sure a few are in your sons set but after Mitch sold it coins went every where...it just seems to be very odd no trace at all even to the point PCGS thought I might have had an NGC set...sorry I dont buy NGC coins...just a personal choice...a guess I felt a littled cheated so many of my great coins lost with no record at all of what once was....image oh well will see if anything will change when Gayle calls Mitch.... >>

Matt - Did you and RigestryCoin each have a 1970-D in MS67 in your number 1 sets that Richard Green cherry picked?
  • Hey Tim,

I have been racking my brain the last couple of days looking for clues to help PCGS answer this puzzling question for me. As of now they think IM crazy. Its been some time and all of my records either lost or thrown out, I cant say for "sure" on the 70 D highly likely but not positive. When I collected I tried finding all the Kennedy`s blast white in MS 67 with only a few under that grade in MS 66, that was my goal before the Registry was even formed.

I know for a fact the 1966 was one of a few in MS 66 rim toned rusty brown with light yellow and faint greens one of only two toned coins in the entire set. The other the 69 D Mitch ended up with...my memory has faded with bits and pieces left behind so IM left guessing on many...most of the low pops 77, 78 D 84 D, etc I was lucky enough to have had in the set...there were not many coins at the time I did not have the best of in grade and best coin "example" in grade in the set...

• << <i>Tim your correct I checked that set over very close but not mine...I know the set use to be there just dont understand it not showing up now...also wish I could pin point cert #s IM sure a few are in your sons set but after Mitch sold it coins went every where...it just seems to be very odd no trace at all even to the point PCGS thought I might have had an NGC set...sorry I dont buy NGC coins...just a personal choice...a guess I felt a littled cheated so many of my great coins lost with no record at all of what once was....image oh well will see if anything will change when Gayle calls Mitch.... >>

Matt - I don’t know if the certification numbers will help or not. When Richard Green had his set “pedigreed”, PCGS gave his coins consecutive certification numbers starting with the 1964 (which is in Caleb’s set) 21637940. If PCGS kept track of what the old certification numbers were, well that is anyone’s guessimage

I don’t know what type of records Mitch kept from yours or RegistryCoins set but his records might be more accurate then PCGS.

Tim
    Pat - Yes, I essentially had most of the spectacular top pop MS Kennedys when I suggested to RG to build that set (and you sold me some sensational coins as well). And, heck - RG ran with it and built a fabulous hall of fame quality set. I have no regrets. The Kennedy coins are a great collection in my book though - right up there with the MS Franklins! In fact, the reason I did not just end up with the top MS Kennedys back 6 or 7 years ago is I started taking a (re)interest in patterns, eventually deciding to limit my serious collecting to the pattern nickels and, finally, just the pattern Liberty nickels. In fact, the pattern nickels not only stopped my Kennedy collecting, but, also my silver Wash quarter collecting too. That pattern collection was just a "bottomless money pit" to me, but those coins bring joy to me every time I look at them and I am very happy to own them.

Again, I'll be happy to speak with set registry next week to see if we can track down both Matt and Steve's collections.
    Wondercoin
  • PCGS found my set but because it wasn`t "officially retired" when coins were sold it broke up the set and all the cert #s were lost to time and dropped from the data base. When Mitch helped sell the set I never knew it needed to be "retired" so it was lost in cyber space thinking it would still show as a set on the site...my mistake not paying attention keeping it part of history...PCGS can`t find the cert #s now to late...that still sucks!!!...This is the e-mail from them...

We located the set in our deleted folder at 50% complete which means that you started removing coins before retiring there set which dropped the set below the 90% completion mark which is what is required to stay in the All-Time Finest. The deletion date was 7/5/02...Once a set is deleted the coins and cert numbers for that set are removed from the database. If a set has remained in the all-time finest we do have a record of the cert numbers
  • PS...

A simple mistake not paying attention on my part...just a reminder if selling a set Retire it!!!!
  • Not good news image
    It would have been nice to have your set composition preserved for others to view...