Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Opee Chee 1968 hockey cards

Hi. I'v found that a few of these cards were cut slightly short or slightly big. Has anybody noticed this or am I getting bad cards? Do you think these are coming from uncut sheets? I know these cards are famous for being off centred and such but is there a sizing issue too? Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Options
    Does anybody know anything about this subject?
  • Options
    I did notice the one card I have in a PSA holder seemed to be a little small, but PSA was OK with it.

The centering, tilting and cut probably go hand and hand, quality control was way off that year.
  • Options
    Thanks for the info. The cards I have are beautiful mint condition but a touch smaller than other 1968 opc cards that I have and I have a vachon/worsley vezina card that is slightly larger than my other cards. They are gradable but I'm hesitant to send because of this problem.
  • Options
  • Options
    hi, About those 1968 OPC. They are the worst cut cards I know of ! Many cards are miscut. and PSA won't grade them. From what I read it is because of poor workmanship ... at OPC. Many miscut cards were found on the bottom row of the first serie. In an article published on Collectors Universe you will find very interesting information on the subject. Henninger, Chartrand and Glew who wrote the text know a lot on the subject. Personnally I had a Bobby Orr that PSA sent back in a sleeve with the mention MISCUT !!! I was not too happy ... still it looks very good in its sleeve on the same page with Harvey, Bucyk, Sanderson, Esposito and others !!! Graded cards are great but good cards in a binder are still very appealing to my eye... Still ... when I think my Orr could have been a 6 or 7 it is hard to take !
  • Options
    Not jus the 68s. I recieved this email about a week ago from another collector who has been working on the 73 set.

<< <i>A special thanks to all who helped me recently with my questions about PSA sizing and grading of the 73-74 Meloche and Sittler cards. I was talking to Customer Service @ PSA yesterday and they've made a decision in my favor! My Meloche card has received a grade of PSA8 (you'll notice the population report went from 5 PSA8's to 6, with none higher). They did some research and decided that a note will be made from now on, referring to the abnormal cut of some of the OPC cards from that year. My cards are on their way back to me. >>