Home PSA Set Registry Forum

Jumbo Wagner up for sale?

The jumbo wagner up for sale already after 6 months? Guess the chase is more appealing than the catch.
Buying 1957 Baseball PSA 8 or higher. Especially Checklists, and Contest Cards. Topps1957psa8set@aol.com

Comments

• GriffinsGriffins Posts: 6,076 ✭✭✭
    I guess there is a rule against linking threads from other sites, but it's for publicity and not expected to sell.

Always looking for Topps Salesman Samples, pre '51 unopened packs, E90-2, E91a, N690 Kalamazoo Bats, and T204 Square Frame Ramly's

• KK Posts: 1,364 ✭✭✭
    Here is the link:

The "Jumbo" Wagner T206
  • they should have given it to Mastro.He would have made it a PSA 8 or 9image
  • mickeymantle24mickeymantle24 Posts: 2,768 ✭✭✭
    Still no bids
  • pcpc Posts: 743
    jumbo, haha
    the others are mini sized but theirs is always better than ours
    Money is your ticket to freedom.
  • Arsenal83Arsenal83 Posts: 1,176 ✭✭✭
    This topic came up when it was sold the first time, but the way this card is marketed really bothers me. It's as though they are just egging the buyer into trimming the "jumbo" edges off this card to unleash it's minty inner card. My question to you guys is whether you think anyone with access to some precision machinery would ever do this, and if so, will it be as accepted by the community as the McNall/Gretzky Wagner (which is also belived to be trimmed)?

To those of you computer savvy guys out there, are the edges on the "jumbo" Wagner wide enough to be realistically trimmed to its standard dimensions and turn this into a perfectly mint card?

• << <i>are the edges on the "jumbo" Wagner wide enough to be realistically trimmed to its standard dimensions and turn this into a perfectly mint card? >>

I don't think you need to be computer savy to doctor a card.

Yes, I do believe that card would be a nice candidate for altering. With nice even side borders, only the top and bottom would need some "special attention." To make it perfect, it would take some time, multiple steps and a lot of skill and experience. It would need much much more than a sharp edge and a steady hand.

Any other card, if done properly, no one (even a grader for that matter) should not be able to tell. Unfortunately this is a Wagner and a high grade well-known one at that. It would be instantly recognized and flagged for what it would be....unquestionably altered.

Kevin Saucier
  • WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭
    I think I saw somewhere where the top right corner was to short to begin with.

With that said I'm sure someone could re cut it.

That would take some extreme cahones though.

Steve
    Good for you.
  • mickeymantle24mickeymantle24 Posts: 2,768 ✭✭✭
    Man, I wonder why no high paid athlete would not go after it?
  • MBMiller25MBMiller25 Posts: 6,057 ✭✭
    There was a post on the CU board about this, and there was not enough room on the top left of this card to accurately trim the card. The bottom is absolutely able to be trimmed up.