Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

How could this be???

The other day I updated my set and it said I had 4% complete. Today, I looked at it and the new cards were added after the review and it says I now have 3.85%....huh?

I double checked the cards and they are all there. So, how could it be that my percentage went down?image
Zach

Comments

• Options
    Zacojam, which set is this? It's possible that a few variations were added to the set which is throwing off your completion percentage.
  • Options
    this was a 1965 topps baseball

Zach
    Zach
  • Options
    Zach, there are some '65 Topps guys on this board. Maybe they can tell you, otherwise e-mail "BJ@collectors.com".
  • Options
    helionauthelionaut Posts: 1,555 ✭✭
    I count you as having 23 out of the 598 cards in the set, which is 3.8461%, so if anything the 4% you saw was just an estimate. My guess is that there wasn't any change to the set composition or anything, rather it's just the way the database is designed. It's possible that when changes are made, a rough figure is calculated and then overnight or whenever the confirmation of the numbers is run, the true figure is calculated out to the hundredths place and stored. It would be a drain on PSA's already taxed servers to have to recount and recalculate all cards in all registered sets whenever someone pulls up the page for that set, so it probably just uses a default figure. I haven't been looking at the registry very long and I've already seen several instances where the percentages and set ratings have been out of whack, but they get corrected by the next day.
    WANTED:
    2005 Origins Old Judge Brown #/20 and Black 1/1s, 2000 Ultimate Victory Gold #/25
    2004 UD Legends Bake McBride autos & parallels, and 1974 Topps #601 PSA 9
    Rare Grady Sizemore parallels, printing plates, autographs

Nothing on ebay
  • Options
    When I did the counts I came up wit the same percentage. It was just a strange thing to see the percentage drop. You could be right. I guess technology is only as good as the money and time you spend on it.
    Zach