Home Sports Talk
Options

I have a strong feeling in the pit of my stomach that the Bronco's will choke and lose the AFC West

SanctionIISanctionII Posts: 11,716 ✭✭✭✭✭
Not that the AFC West Division winner will do anything in the playoffs other than a "1 and done".

After the Donkeys lost at home to the Raiders (if they had won they would be in the playoffs), I just had this feeling that a choke was forthcoming. Going into yesterday Denver was 8-5 and the Bolts were 5-8. Denver got stomped by the Panthers and S.D beat K.C. 22-21 (rats). So now Denver is 8-6 and S.D is 6-8.

Next week if Denver loses and S.D. wins it becomes 8-7 and 7-8 with Denver playing S.D the following week in S.D. If that happens, the Bolts will be pumped up. A win by S.D leaves both teams at 8-8, with the Bolts having a better Division record (5-1 or 4-2) than Denver (3-3), meaning S.D goes to the playoffs.

Denver would have a bad taste in their mouth losing 3 in a row at season end to miss the playoffs. Again, the loss to the Raiders in Denver started the fall from atop the Division.

Maybe such an outcome will see the Denver ownership decide to let Shanahan go and go in another direction. If so, expect Shanahan to quickly pick up another head coaching job in the NFL if he wants one, possibly with the 49rs. If he takes the 49rs job and does well, he can simply gloat at Al Davis from across the S.F. Bay.

Comments

• Options
    jdip9jdip9 Posts: 1,895 ✭✭✭
    considering how lucky they are to be 2 games up right now, I'd call it "justice" more than a choke...if Hochuli didn't lose his mind for a split second, the Bolts would be the favorite right now to win the division.
  • Options
    joestalinjoestalin Posts: 12,473 ✭✭
    San Diego WILL NOT win next week. Book it

JS
  • Options
    wolfbearwolfbear Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭

Pix of 'My Kids'

"How about a little fire Scarecrow ?"
  • Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,497 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    So much for Joestalin's bold prediction of a loss by San Diego.

Once the Broncos lost to the Raiders at home a few weeks ago and once the Bolts beat K.C a couple of weeks ago, I just saw the future holding nothing other than a Broncos collapse and a final game loss to the Bolts in San Diego.

San Diego is playing well right now. Denver is playing lousy. Surprising for me to say this, but to have the highest quality playoffs possible I hope San Diego wins next Sunday to win the AFC West.

Maybe it is time for Shanahan to go take the 49rs job.
  • Options
    baseballfanbaseballfan Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭
    i like the chargers in that game. their just playing better then the broncs right now
    Fred

collecting RAW Topps baseball cards 1952 Highs to 1972. looking for collector grade (somewhere between psa 4-7 condition). let me know what you have, I'll take it, I want to finish sets, I must have something you can use for trade.

looking for Topps 71-72 hi's-62-53-54-55-59, I have these sets started

• Options
    Does it even matter? There alot of better teams that didn't make the playoffs, than the Broncos.
  • Options
    wolfbearwolfbear Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭

Pix of 'My Kids'

"How about a little fire Scarecrow ?"
  • Options
    DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭
    Sanction II,

Unfortunately it looks like that strong feeling was a correct one.

9:47 to play Chargers 45 Broncos 21
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • Options
    Dave99BDave99B Posts: 8,357 ✭✭✭✭✭
    San Diego WILL NOT win next week. Book it.

JS

Nice call, Stain-master!

Dave
    Always looking for original, better date VF20-VF35 Barber quarters and halves, and a quality beer.
  • Options
    SDSportsFanSDSportsFan Posts: 5,090 ✭✭✭✭✭
    imageimageimage

Best 8-8 team in NFL history!!!!! imageimageimage

imageimageimage
    Steve
  • Options
    ldfergldferg Posts: 6,739 ✭✭✭
    they have their work cut out for them next week. go colts.

Thanks,

David (LD_Ferg)

1985 Topps Football (starting in psa 8) - #9 - started 05/21/06
  • Options
    It was very painful watching the Broncos step onto the sacrificial alter last night and get carved up.

Actually I am glad that they lost. They clearly do not deserve to be in the playoffs this year. Too many injuries and a lousy defense. Maybe next year they will rebound and make the playoffs.

As for the Bolts, they are on a hot streak and will be a team that anyone else would want to avoid playing in the playoffs. They have won four or five in a row and are playing very well at this time. That Sproul guy is so small and so fast that if he gets any daylight at all, he can just outrun the defense. Its like you can not touch the guy when he gets a little open field to play with. A very exciting player that is fun to watch scamper around like a mouse in a heard of lumbering elephants.
  • Options
    I wanted neither team to win and understanding that could not happen, was hoping for an overtime game just so both teams could walk out with the most possible injuries.

The only satisfaction I get is watching the Colts cream the Chargers while Manning gives them Steve Young Super Bowl nightmares again.
    Collecting PSA graded Steve Young, Marcus Allen, Bret Saberhagen and 1980s Topps Cards.
    Raw: Tony Gonzalez (low #'d cards, and especially 1/1's) and Steve Young.
  • Options
    DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭

<< <i>I wanted neither team to win and understanding that could not happen, was hoping for an overtime game just so both teams could walk out with the most possible injuries. >>

Now that sounds like a real great sports fan!

BTW ... it could have happened ... A TIE!
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.