Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

Help please - sending in slabs for review

I am sending some psa graded cards in for review today, or at least I'd like to.

I have never sent reviews in before. How do you label etc the graded slabs? If no sticker on the slab, do you put them each in a graded card bag and put a submission/item # sticker on that? Or just pack them unlabebeld loose? hmmmm.

Any help appreciated... Thanks!
Completed 12 bb & fb sets during 1956-61 from nickel packs...

Comments

• Options
    JasP24JasP24 Posts: 4,645 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I am sending some psa graded cards in for review today, or at least I'd like to.

I have never sent reviews in before. How do you label etc the graded slabs? If no sticker on the slab, do you put them each in a graded card bag and put a submission/item # sticker on that? Or just pack them unlabebeld loose? hmmmm.

Any help appreciated... Thanks! >>

No stickers required. Unlabeled, but not loose. Pack them securely, I usually stack them in the same order as I have them listed on the submission form and then wrap in a rubberband before packaging. When PSA receives them, they will log them in using the cert #s. If you get any bumps, you'll usually see the grades change in your Registered Set even before the submission pops.

Jason
    I'm here to question, not to inspire or build up. To live how I want, as I see fit,
    according to my values and my needs. Nothing holds dominion over me, I stand alone as the ruler of my life.
  • Options
    RipublicaninMassRipublicaninMass Posts: 10,051 ✭✭✭
    HAs there been good luck getting "in slab" bumps?
  • Options
    JasP24JasP24 Posts: 4,645 ✭✭✭

<< <i>HAs there been good luck getting "in slab" bumps? >>

Yep....
    I'm here to question, not to inspire or build up. To live how I want, as I see fit,
    according to my values and my needs. Nothing holds dominion over me, I stand alone as the ruler of my life.
  • Options
    RipublicaninMassRipublicaninMass Posts: 10,051 ✭✭✭
  • Options
    This was an 8 on a VERY old flip...POP 2 only 12 higher...kinda happy with this review

ITEM INFORMATION
    Cert Verification #: 11215042
    Year: 1962
    Brand: TOPPS
    Card Number: 320
    Player: HANK AARON
    Variety:
    Grade: NEAR MINT-MINT+ 8.5
    I NEED HANKS!!!
  • Options
    mealewormmealeworm Posts: 1,266 ✭✭✭
    I have only sent in 6 cards for bumps and ZERO were bumped. I have over 1000 PSA 7's and 8's from the 50's so I think I know what a card should grade. Or so I thought. I have sent many of the cards to be graded myself and usually do fairly close to what I pre-grade. That being said 0-6 on 6 hand picked cards from 1000 to chose from LOL. The reviews are just what everyone first thought, a cash grab. If you want a true review just crack the damn slab and take your chances. I didn't follow my own advice because they were costly cards and I didn't want to gamble. I can tell you this. I will never review another card. I don't care what the bump results in terms of dollars and cents.

Dave
    1957 Topps 99% 7.40 GPA
    Hank Aaron Basic PSA 7-8(75%)
  • Options
    Im sure some of the big boys got the red carpet treatment to keep them happy. I imagine a few got some cosmedic bumps here
    there try and make the common collector think it was legit. But I think the majority saw it for the "Cash Grab" that it obviously was.
  • Options
    MorgothMorgoth Posts: 3,950 ✭✭✭
    Talk to many dealers and they all say the same thing, crack and resub UNLESS

1. The card has a chance of coming back lower graded due new grading focus (short 75 minis, front to back corner damage etc.)
    2. The card has a chance of coming back altered (certain years are graded much harsher in that regards).
    3. The card is crazy expensive and popping it may damage it or handling aftwards might.
    Currently completing the following registry sets: Cardinal HOF's, 1961 Pittsburgh Pirates Team, 1972 Pittsburgh Pirates Team, 1980 Pittsburgh Pirates Team, Bill Mazeroski Master & Basic Sets, Roberto Clemente Master & Basic Sets, Willie Stargell Master & Basic Sets and Terry Bradshaw Basic Set
  • Options
    mickeymantle24mickeymantle24 Posts: 2,768 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Talk to many dealers and they all say the same thing, crack and resub UNLESS

1. The card has a chance of coming back lower graded due new grading focus (short 75 minis, front to back corner damage etc.)
    2. The card has a chance of coming back altered (certain years are graded much harsher in that regards).
    3. The card is crazy expensive and popping it may damage it or handling aftwards might. >>

• Options
    19541954 Posts: 2,866 ✭✭✭
    How about you send me the cards and half the money that PSA will charge and I will do the same thing they will. I will hold on to the cards for 14 days and then send them back in a box exactly the way you sent them to me.

Don't do it.

Shane
    Looking for high grade rookie cards and unopened boxes/cases
  • Options
    Mickey71Mickey71 Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭✭
    Shane,
    I think you hit the nail on the head. Do you want to know an even darker secret.----- "CROSSOVERS"image
  • Options
    19541954 Posts: 2,866 ✭✭✭
    Crossovers are not as bad~ but not good either.

SL
    Looking for high grade rookie cards and unopened boxes/cases
  • Options
    MorgothMorgoth Posts: 3,950 ✭✭✭
    Don't ever put a minimum grade down for a crossover as you might as well tell them what to grade it. I have had this happen alot with SGC crossovers. I crack and they get 1 to 2 grades higher than my min grade.
    Currently completing the following registry sets: Cardinal HOF's, 1961 Pittsburgh Pirates Team, 1972 Pittsburgh Pirates Team, 1980 Pittsburgh Pirates Team, Bill Mazeroski Master & Basic Sets, Roberto Clemente Master & Basic Sets, Willie Stargell Master & Basic Sets and Terry Bradshaw Basic Set
  • Options
    MJHMJH Posts: 538 ✭✭

What has everyone experienced in turn over times on reviews ??