Home Sports Talk
Options

The official 25 game challenge thread

Simple rules here. Pick any game on any given night from NBA basketball, NHL hockey, the college bowl games, or NFL football.

You are only allowed to pick two games on any given night.

Let's see who can pick 25 winners in a row. No point spreads in this contest.

My first pick on Tuesday, Dec. 9th is the Philadelphia Flyers.

(I did not pick college basketball because I felt it was too easy on many of the games)

Comments

• Options
    Sounds like fun. Although, i would have to copy you with the Flyers over the the NYI.
    I wil also take my Preds over the Canucks.
  • Options
    JackWESQJackWESQ Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭
    Los Angeles Lakers over the Sacramento Kings.

/s/ JackWESQ
  • Options
    utah over minnesota
    lakers over kings
    Am I speaking Chinese?

• Options
    TheVonTheVon Posts: 2,725
    The Sacramento Kings stick. I'll take the Los Angeles Lakers over them also.

But just for fun, I'll also take the Los Angeles Kings over the Colorado Avalance.
  • Options
    stevekstevek Posts: 27,727 ✭✭✭✭✭
    This thread gonna be around in the next millennium? LOL
  • Options
    Saints over the Bears (the NFL Network game of the year?).
    Collecting PSA graded Steve Young, Marcus Allen, Bret Saberhagen and 1980s Topps Cards.
    Raw: Tony Gonzalez (low #'d cards, and especially 1/1's) and Steve Young.
  • Options
    TheVonTheVon Posts: 2,725
    Well, with 2 minutes left, it looks like the Sacramento Kings are going to fend off the Lakers so I lose already. This is why I rarely bet on sports. I suck.
  • Options

<< <i>Well, with 2 minutes left, it looks like the Sacramento Kings are going to fend off the Lakers so I lose already. This is why I rarely bet on sports. I suck. >>

Yea, but that's better than losing after picking 24 straight. image
  • Options
    My Philadelphia Flyers pick won last night. So I'm 1-0 going into Wednesday, December 10th.
    I'm going to take Denver over Minnesota in NBA basketball tonight. I hope to return here tomorrow at 2-0.
  • Options

<< <i>Sounds like fun. Although, i would have to copy you with the Flyers over the the NYI.
    I wil also take my Preds over the Canucks. >>

There were some cheap hits in that Preds game last night by the Canucks. Too bad they couldn't pull off the win.
  • Options
    JackWESQJackWESQ Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭
    My Streak = 0.
    Tonight's pick. San Antonio over Atlanta.

/s/ JackWESQ
  • Options
    I'm at 2-0 with Denver's win over Minnesota last night.

Tonight I'm sticking with the NBA and taking Dallas to win at home against Charlotte.
  • Options

<< <i>I'm at 2-0 with Denver's win over Minnesota last night. >>

a -250 hockey fave and a 13 point home NBA fave, and I'd say tonights game Dallas opens at at least -10.5.... You're really going out on a limb with these picks...
  • Options
    CubbyCubby Posts: 2,096
    Okay, I'll play. 1st pick = Por T'Blazers over LA Clips on 12-12.
    String = 0.

BTW: Cubby=Cub Fan
  • Options
    I'm 3-0 now with Denver's win in the NBA last night.

I'll go with the Detroit Red Wings on the road for a Friday night victory tonight. My first road pick could be dangerous,
    but the Red Wings are a solid club.
  • Options
    Going for the first win- I'll take Indy Colts over Det Lions on 12-14.
    Streak=0

• Options
    Colts over lions
    Cardinals over Vikings image
    Am I speaking Chinese?

• Options
    Well, the Detroit Red Wings killed my streak after going 3-0. Maybe I should just stick with the Celtics.

I'll take the San Jose Sharks at home and Detroit Red Wings on the road tonight. Hopefully go 2 for 2.
  • Options
    Went 2 for 2 last night. Detroit wins on the road, and San Jose wins at home.

Now I'm 4-0 with home teams and 1-1 with road teams and currently have a two game streak.

Going to pick Atlanta and Baltimore in the NFL today.
  • Options
    I predict no one here will hit this at least thru the year 3008.
  • Options
    I'll take the Globetrotters tonight over the Generals, plus any 15+ pts. NBA faves out there, and oh yeah any -300 NHl favorites that come up...
  • Options
    12/17 games:
    Colts over Lions
    Patriots over Raiders
    Collecting PSA graded Steve Young, Marcus Allen, Bret Saberhagen and 1980s Topps Cards.
  • Options

<< <i>12/17 games:
    Colts over Lions
    Patriots over Raiders >>

Nice picks.
  • Options

<< <i>Went 2 for 2 last night. Detroit wins on the road, and San Jose wins at home.

Now I'm 4-0 with home teams and 1-1 with road teams and currently have a two game streak.

Going to pick Atlanta and Baltimore in the NFL today. >>

Steelers got me today. Now I'm 5-1 with home picks, and 1-1 with road picks.

Going to have to start over Monday night.
  • Options
    So basically stole the idea for this from ESPN's streak for the cash.

Could have least given credit for it, ed.
  • Options
    Going to go with both LA teams in the NBA Tuesday tonight. The Lakers are at home, and the Clippers are on the road.
  • Options
    larryallen73larryallen73 Posts: 6,057 ✭✭✭
    I didn't notice this thread before but glad my SacTown King's started a couple of you off with losses last week! image

Having said that I will pick Portland to beat my King's tonight.
  • Options

<< <i>Going to go with both LA teams in the NBA Tuesday tonight. The Lakers are at home, and the Clippers are on the road. >>

Both LA teams won last night, so I'm on a 4 game streak now, and overall am 6-1 at home and 2-1 on the road.

Going to stay in the NBA tonight with Detroit and Cleveland.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>Going to go with both LA teams in the NBA Tuesday tonight. The Lakers are at home, and the Clippers are on the road. >>

Both LA teams won last night, so I'm on a 4 game streak now, and overall am 6-1 at home and 2-1 on the road.

Going to stay in the NBA tonight with Detroit and Cleveland. >>

<<< Let's see who can pick 25 winners in a row >>>

You wanna do "best record", fine it's your thread...but I thought the object of the thread was to pick 25 winners in a row? Once you lost a game, you were supposed to go back to 0.

• Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

<<< Let's see who can pick 25 winners in a row >>>

You wanna do "best record", fine it's your thread...but I thought the object of the thread was to pick 25 winners in a row? Once you lost a game, you were supposed to go back to 0.

image >>

Just bustin' chops - with my Eagles out of the playoffs i've got nothing else to do until baseball season. LOL
  • Options

<< <i>

Just bustin' chops - with my Eagles out of the playoffs i've got nothing else to do until baseball season. LOL >>

Seriously, are they out of the playoffs ? I thought they just won three in a row. They have no mathematical chance ?
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

Just bustin' chops - with my Eagles out of the playoffs i've got nothing else to do until baseball season. LOL >>

Seriously, are they out of the playoffs ? I thought they just won three in a row. They have no mathematical chance ? >>

Yea, and I've got a "mathematical chance" of spending the weekend with Maria Sharapova. LOL
  • Options

<< <i>

Cleveland & Detroit won last night. So six in a row now. 7-1 at home and 3-1 on the road.

Going to go for 8 in a row tonight with Boston and Montreal in the NHL. Montreal is at home against Philly, and Philly owns them
    at home, along with Philly being 13-1-3 in their last 17, so Montreal is a little risky.
  • Options
    2 down going for 3

Colts over Jags
  • Options

<< <i>I'll take the Globetrotters tonight over the Generals, plus any 15+ pts. NBA faves out there, and oh yeah any -300 NHl favorites that come up... >>

Nothing is safe any more, especially with the Blue Jackets beating the Sharks last night. image
  • Options
    mickeymantle24mickeymantle24 Posts: 2,768 ✭✭✭
    1st Game in a row

Indy beats Jacksonville

2nd Game in a row

Suns beat the Blazers

Count on it!
  • Options

<< <i>

Going to go for 8 in a row tonight with Boston and Montreal in the NHL. Montreal is at home against Philly, and Philly owns them
    at home, along with Philly being 13-1-3 in their last 17, so Montreal is a little risky. >>

Montreal broke their 3 game losing streak and beat Philly last night. Boston won too.

The streak is now at 10 ...... 9-1 with home teams and 3-1 with road teams.

I think I'll take Friday night off, and get back to this on Saturday.
  • Options
    Current streak of 3

12-21 Saints over Lions
    12-21 Texans over Oakland
  • Options
    My streak is still one, still thinkin about next pick.

• Options
    rbdjr1rbdjr1 Posts: 4,474 ✭✭

College Football: South Florida over Memphis
    NBA: New Orleans over Sacramento

rd
  • Options

NFL: Miami over Kansas City (12/21)
    NBA: Celtics over the Knicks (12/21)

rd

Wins: 2-0

1. College Football: South Florida 41 - Memphis 14 (12/20)
    2. NBA: New Orleans 99 - Sacramento 90 (12/20)
  • Options

<< <i>

The streak is now at 10 ...... 9-1 with home teams and 3-1 with road teams.

I think I'll take Friday night off, and get back to this on Saturday. >>

Well, I missed Saturday too, so I'll take a crack at two games today.

I'm only 1-1 with football, but I'll take a shot at two NFL games today.

I'm going to take the Jets and the Giants. Don't let me down NY image
  • Options

Wins: 4-0

1. College Football: South Florida 41 - Memphis 14 (12/20) - QB Matt Grothe is fun to watch! (3 more TDs!)
    2. NBA: New Orleans 99 - Sacramento 90 (12/20) - Chris Paul: 34 points, 9 assists & 8 steals! Ouch!
    3. NFL: Miami 38 - Kansas City 31 (12/21) - The Dolphins win at the Meadowlands next week and their in!
    4. NBA: Boston 124 - New York 105 (12/21) - 18th straight win - 7 players in double figures (Celtics are hot!)

rd

• Options
    My 10 game streak is over. The Jets lost. The Giants won.

I'm now 10-1 with home teams, and 3-2 with road teams.

I'll take the Penguins on the road tonight in Buffalo.
  • Options
    Penguins win on the road. Now 4-2 with road teams.

The streak is at 1.

I'll go with the easy picks and take the Celtics and Cavs tonight in the NBA. Both are home teams.
  • Options

<< <i>Wins: 4-0

1. College Football: South Florida 41 - Memphis 14 (12/20) - QB Matt Grothe is fun to watch! (3 more TDs!)
    2. NBA: New Orleans 99 - Sacramento 90 (12/20) - Chris Paul: 34 points, 9 assists & 8 steals! Ouch!
    3. NFL: Miami 38 - Kansas City 31 (12/21) - The Dolphins win at the Meadowlands next week and their in!
    4. NBA: Boston 124 - New York 105 (12/21) - 18th straight win - 7 players in double figures (Celtics are hot!) >>

I'll take the heat at home (vs. Golden State)

rd

• Options

Wins: 6-0

4. NBA: Boston 124 - New York 105 (12/21) - 18th straight win - 7 players in double figures (Celtics are hot!)
    5. NBA: Miami Heat 96 - Golden State Warriors 88 (12/23) - Golden State missing starters, Heat with Wade (32 pts.) looked good!
    6. College Football: Notre Dame 49 - Hawaii 21 (12/24) - 400+ Passing for Irish. A laugher! (ND a 2 point favorite? LOL!)

rd

• Options

Wins: 6-0

5. NBA: Miami Heat 96 - Golden State Warriors 88 (12/23) - Golden State missing starters, Heat with Wade (32 pts.) looked good!
    6. College Football: Notre Dame 49 - Hawaii 21 (12/24) - 400+ Passing for Irish. A laugher! (ND a 2 point favorite? LOL!)

I'll take Cleveland Cavs over the Washington Wizzards (Christmas) - Cavs home for Xmas? A "slam dunk"!

rd

• Options

Wins: 7-0

7. NBA: Cleveland Cavs 93 Washington Wizzards 89 (12/25) - Cavs scored 11 straight points in the last 1:33. Xmas present!

I'm going all Detroit tonite!

NBA: I'll take the Pistons at home because Oaklahoma City is a horrible 1-13 on the road!
    College Football: I'll take Central Michigan over Florida Atlantic. Tough game! (kinda like home field advantage should make the difference?)

rd