Home PCGS Set Registry Forum
Options

Sunnywood's set registry Morgans at FUN

Collector Douglas Kurz and PCGS will be displaying at the FUN show the amazing Sunnywood's "Somewhere Over the Rainbow" set registry collection of toned Morgan dollars. Here's a link to the announcement:

PCGS news release about Sunnywood's set display at FUN.

-donn-
"If it happens in numismatics, it's news to me....

Comments

• Options
    TONEDDOLLARSTONEDDOLLARS Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭✭
    A world class collection of toned Morgans by a very classy man.
  • Options
    Congratulations, Doug!

Duane
  • Options
    pennyanniepennyannie Posts: 3,929 ✭✭✭
    Those coins look great in the registry. I bet in person they are truly awe inspiring. It is cold in Texas in January, maybe a road trip is in order. Thanksgiving we went 1350 miles to Glamis Ca so what is another 1400 miles in the other direction.
    Mark
    NGC registry V-Nickel proof #6!!!!
    working on proof shield nickels # 8 with a bullet!!!!

RIP "BEAR"
  • Options
    tradedollarnuttradedollarnut Posts: 20,147 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The only set of Morgans I really want to see! image
  • Options
    Oh ... hey, I only just saw this thread !! I'm happy to have the opportunity to share this colorful collection with the collecting community !! I hope people enjoy looking at the coins, and seeing all the different toning patterns. They're like snowflakes; no two alike, and that makes it really interesting. See you all at FUN !!

Sunnywood
  • Options
    TahoeDaleTahoeDale Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭
    This will be one of those rare moments, where we all say WOW at the same time.

Several years ago Doug told me he was going to accomplish this task--one of every coin in the series, with the eye appeal of the Barbers, maybe even better.

I didn't think it was possible, but then it was Doug who would try. What was I thinking?

He did it. Congrats
    TahoeDale