I will now have to buy myself another Bust Half,

just to cheer myself up. Sniff, sniff, sob! OK, maybe

a couple of jelly donuts too.
There once was a place called
Camelotimage

Comments

• Options
    Bummer
    I know many homes are going down in value and i also know many who are homeless
    Cheers jelly dude
    Connecting a Windows PC to the Internet is like dressing in hundred-dollar bills and taking a walk in a bad neighborhood.
  • Options
    JohnMabenJohnMaben Posts: 957 ✭✭✭
    Using Zillow.com which if you don't know about this site, it is incredible, I am down about 32% from the peak.

John

John Maben
    Pegasus Coin and Jewelry (Brick and Mortar)
    ANA LM, PNG, APMD, FUN, Etc
    800-381-2646

• Options
    BearBear Posts: 18,954 ✭✭
    Yes, that is the service I am using.
    Camelotimage
  • Options
    DeepCoinDeepCoin Posts: 2,781 ✭✭✭
    My home is probably down $75K from last year, but I am not selling, so it matters little to me. The recession will pass eventually. If you bought anytime before 2004 you are OK at this point. If you bought in the 90s or before, it is just the bubble that pulls back some and you are still WAY ahead. As with coins, flippers are sometimes in trouble when they speculate.

I do feel sorry for those who must move due to job situations and are stuck. I do not feel sorry for speculators who bought with zero down expecting to make a bundle when it went up.
    Retired United States Mint guy, now working on an Everyman Type Set.
  • Options
    Thanks for the tip..I have lost $7000 from its peak in 2008 and gained over $80,000 since 2004. I like itimage
    Connecting a Windows PC to the Internet is like dressing in hundred-dollar bills and taking a walk in a bad neighborhood.
  • Options
    Wish I had a home. Last month my fiance' and I found our dream home after 2 years of searching. We were preapproved but Couldn't get a loan. Apraised @ $130K we had 30K down, 780 credit scores, 7 years perfect record with our home we rent. They told us it was not worth the risk. Said banks are not loaning money b/c of the economy. We are still working on it.
    Its all relative
  • Options
    fcfc Posts: 12,789 ✭✭✭
    i will probably not make you feel any better but I am looking for a house
    this time next year and am estatic at the timing of the crash. You
    see a negative... i see a positive. Getting a loan in our area with the
    money my gf and I make really is not a problem.

cars, what part of the country do you live in? That is really rough not
    to get a loan! Here in NH things seem better off. Housing went down
    but no one says crashed around here. 10-20% losses.. some places
    a bit more. Up north things are quite stable compared to southern
    NH. At least this is the impression I am getting. My gf's family just
    refinanced their loan from an adjustable rate to a fixed with no problem
    at all!
  • Options
    The cave must be shrinking....image
    ......Larry........image
  • Options
    I'm in Central Ohio
    Its all relative
  • Options
    renman95renman95 Posts: 7,037 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mine seems to be up $225k since the fall of 2005. It has held up well here but I have seen weakness lately.

Ren

ed4sp
  • Options
    notwilightnotwilight Posts: 12,864 ✭✭✭
    I just looked for the first time. It is higher than I expected. I don't know what it was at the peak. --Jerry
  • Options
    mashmash Posts: 207 ✭✭✭
    Calculate how much money in interest you've paid over the years...
    Buying uncut sheets and 1914 stars! message me
  • Options
    cohodkcohodk Posts: 18,669 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Using Zillow.com which if you don't know about this site, it is incredible, I am down about 32% from the peak.

John >>

Cool. Thanks for the link.

My house is down $500 in the last month.image
    Excuses are tools of the ignorant

Knowledge is the enemy of fear

• Options
    Down 73K since January.

I'm sure my property taxes will continue to rise 10% per year regardless.

Zillow has a lot of incorrect information regarding my home, their picture is dated as of this year, but it was taken at least 4+ years ago.

Many home details are incorrect as well.
    "Lenin is certainly right. There is no subtler or more severe means of overturning the existing basis of society(destroy capitalism) than to debauch the currency. The process engages all the hidden forces of economic law on the side of destruction, and it does it in a manner which not one man in a million is able to diagnose."
    John Marnard Keynes, The Economic Consequences of the Peace, 1920, page 235ff
  • Options
    JeremyDie1JeremyDie1 Posts: 2,383 ✭✭✭
    Up 44,000 since January and up 9,500 the past month. Thats interesting.
  • Options

<< <i>Wish I had a home. Last month my fiance' and I found our dream home after 2 years of searching. We were preapproved but Couldn't get a loan. Apraised @ $130K we had 30K down, 780 credit scores, 7 years perfect record with our home we rent. They told us it was not worth the risk. Said banks are not loaning money b/c of the economy. We are still working on it. >>

You are about a year to late. Anybody and his brother could have got a loan last year. I know a single mother with a low credit score and no down payment who bought a $90,000 home last year. She did have a job and I am glad for her but things have sure changed since then.
  • Options
    fishcookerfishcooker Posts: 3,446 ✭✭
    I wish mine would fall $33k, then I would have lower taxes.... or should I say lower "rent" from the government.
  • Options
    2ndCharter2ndCharter Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Since my neighborhood still hasn't made it on to zillow.com, I find it totally worthless.

Also, since my wife and I are planning on staying in our house until the kids carry our bodies out, we're not worried about the latest value.

Member ANA, SPMC, SCNA, FUN, CONECA

• Options
    SmittysSmittys Posts: 9,876 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Up 3000 for the estimate on my home equity loan from earlier this year.......image
  • Options
    TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 43,897 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I realized the value of my blanket last night.
  • Options
    Coll3ctorColl3ctor Posts: 3,314 ✭✭✭
    I went to Zillow.com. Where is the link to get the info you guys are talking about image
  • Options
    Zillow Real Estate Search Results
    Camelotimage
  • Options
    blu62vetteblu62vette Posts: 11,901 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Using Zillow.com which if you don't know about this site, it is incredible, I am down about 32% from the peak.

John >>

They show my entire neighborhood but me. Apparently I live in a black hole.
    http://www.bluccphotos.com" target="new">BluCC Photos Shows for onsite imaging: Nov Baltimore, FUN, Long Beach http://www.facebook.com/bluccphotos" target="new">BluCC on Facebook
  • Options
    66Tbird66Tbird Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭
    I just found out that the house sold in 05 just resold for less than a third what I got. The place I bought stayed the same.
    Need something designed and 3D printed?
  • Options
    LALASD4LALASD4 Posts: 3,602 ✭✭✭
    For some strange reason, I am up a few thousand while the houses around me are dropping. Does zillow take into account of minor home improvements that I did a few months ago?
    Coin Collector, Chicken Owner, Licensed Tax Preparer & Insurance Broker/Agent.
    San Diego, CA

• Options

<< <i>For some strange reason, I am up a few thousand while the houses around me are dropping. Does zillow take into account of minor home improvements that I did a few months ago? >>

It seems to be hit and miss. If there was a permit taken out to do the improvements, then they would know about it.

They have my home listed with the square footage of only the first floor, yet they know it's a 2 story. But then they have all sorts of mistakes on my place and an old picture that was taken before I did any of the upgrades. I can tell by the cars in the driveway, I hadn't yet moved in but it was just after I closed on it.

OTOH, they do list some of the upgrades that were later done as part of the current info.

"Lenin is certainly right. There is no subtler or more severe means of overturning the existing basis of society(destroy capitalism) than to debauch the currency. The process engages all the hidden forces of economic law on the side of destruction, and it does it in a manner which not one man in a million is able to diagnose."
    John Marnard Keynes, The Economic Consequences of the Peace, 1920, page 235ff
  • Options
    jdimmickjdimmick Posts: 9,609 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just did mine, I bought new construction last Oct , its down about 25k. Course I dont really care becuase this is where I will stay to the end. It doesnt take into the fact, that I just added an extra 30k 2 car garage for my wife to use as a wood working shop.

• Options
    DorkGirlDorkGirl Posts: 9,994 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I just did mine, I bought new construction last Oct , its down about 25k. Course I dont really care becuase this is where I will stay to the end. It doesnt take into the fact, that I just added an extra 30k 2 car garage for my wife to use as a wood working shop. >>

Your wife does woodworking? What does she make? That is just cool, I love wood too.

That site says my home has lost $12,500 this month, but since it's paid off and is up about $200,000 from what I paid for it, the loss is only on paper and doesn't bother me a bit.image
    Becky
  • Options
    Give it time my friend, give it time.
    Camelotimage
  • Options
    57loaded57loaded Posts: 4,967 ✭✭✭
    i am waiting for a tsunami so i can have beachfront property....i could not find a place to add that in..lol

my house comes up with 1 bedroom less and has always been a 3/2. when i add the bedroom it drops the price by $60K....when i subtract a bedoom it raises the price...so i therfore will sell a vacant lot with a house on it for more money???...hehehe

• Options
    garsmithgarsmith Posts: 5,894 ✭✭
    << In trhe last 30 days, my home value dropped another $ 33,000 >>

That's a big drop in value for a cave; hey shouldn't you be hibernating by now?
  • Options
    Camelotimage
  • Options
    SaorAlbaSaorAlba Posts: 7,485 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mine is only down 28K since 2002. Better than I thought it would be.
    In memory of my kitty Seryozha 14.2.1996 ~ 13.9.2016 and Shadow 3.4.2015 - 16.4.21
  • Options
    SaorAlbaSaorAlba Posts: 7,485 ✭✭✭✭✭
    But the good news for me is, I sold a home in California in 2005, right at the very peak of the market. Right now that house is worth less than half of what I sold it for. Bought PM's with the proceeds. And cannot complain.
    In memory of my kitty Seryozha 14.2.1996 ~ 13.9.2016 and Shadow 3.4.2015 - 16.4.21