Home PCGS Set Registry Forum
Options

Believe it or not MPL Guys UPDATE 12/11 COIN RECEIVED!

I think we have a legit raw MPL on eBay. Link to listing.

-Paul
Many Quality coins for sale at http://www.CommonCentsRareCoins.com

Comments

• Options
    lasvegasteddylasvegasteddy Posts: 10,408 ✭✭✭
    could be
    everything in life is but merely on loan to us by our appreciation....lose your appreciation and see

• Options
    robecrobec Posts: 6,610 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think you're right Paul. The edge view really shows the sharp square edge. Someone will snag that one pretty fast I'll bet.
  • Options
    curlycurly Posts: 2,880

Brothers, if they're gonna claim it's an MPL, why not get it certified first and remove all doubt. I guess I'm just a suspicious old man.
    Every man is a self made man.
  • Options
    commoncents05commoncents05 Posts: 10,078 ✭✭✭
    We'll find out when I get it in hand image

-Paul
  • Options
    "Brothers, if they're gonna claim it's an MPL, why not get it certified first and remove all doubt. I guess I'm just a suspicious old man."

I'm inclined to go with Curly. Spend a little time and money. At the very least, all questions are negated. How many of these same variations off the theme do we need to see? Beside that, the photo is not very big, and I don't see any diagnostics that indicate matte proof 1910. Just some square rims - the taker of the photo has the advantage.

A second cynical collector. The people who sell this way are either preying on the natural human tendency that there is something for nothing in this world (there isn't) or they are just being lazy or worse.

One man's opinion.....

• Options
    ChrisRxChrisRx Posts: 5,619 ✭✭✭✭
    Wow... BIN 1500... best offer 450 and he accepted....
  • Options
    <<<Wow... BIN 1500... best offer 450 and he accepted.... >>>

most crumble in dread of tha posseimage
    everything in life is but merely on loan to us by our appreciation....lose your appreciation and see

• Options
    WaterSportWaterSport Posts: 6,711 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's right, the Posse is always out there. But I think the buyer also saw the guy had a return policy which many of the RAW MPL's listings do not. Paul did you snag it? if so, let us know!

WS
    Proud recipient of the coveted PCGS Forum "You Suck" Award Thursday July 19, 2007 11:33 PM and December 30th, 2011 at 8:50 PM.
  • Options
    I was the buyer. I'll let you all know when I get it.

-Paul
  • Options
    ambro51ambro51 Posts: 13,616 ✭✭✭✭✭
    just seems to be missing the colors that are part of the 1910's.....could be cleaned.

Good luck, sooner or later someone will snag winner.
  • Options
    WaterSportWaterSport Posts: 6,711 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cleaned or not, he got it for PR 60 money, so I think it was safe especially with a return policy. I too worried about the rev bottom rim shot. It could be the camera, or a LDS but the rim looks softly rounded. What we still have not seen a lot of info on (are you listening book researchers and writers) are LDS vs. EDS struck Mattes. This is a problem for comparing rims especially because the darn things are mostly covered up by the PCGS insert gasket.

WS
    Proud recipient of the coveted PCGS Forum "You Suck" Award Thursday July 19, 2007 11:33 PM and December 30th, 2011 at 8:50 PM.
  • Options
    dbemikedbemike Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭
    If I remember right, this seller was an avid buyer of Lincoln Cents on Ebay a few years ago, as I bumped heads with him a few times. Pre-posse days, you could find MPLs being sold as business strikes for $50-$60. I did have such luck with a 1912, that I sold to Brian earlier this year. My guess is the seller acquired this coin in that manner and made a reasonable profit to accept the offer. JMO
  • Options
    goodluck on the purchase there paul and let us know how it is in hand

• Options
    Coin was shipped today.... Will update when I get it in hand.

-Paul
  • Options
    Well, I received the coin today in the mail. It is indeed a MPL! Looking at Albrecht, it is Obverse 2, and has all the diagnositcs. There is a slight weakness in the rim on the reverse, but I am confident it is a Matte Proof. The coin has been cleaned, as I was expecting, but I think I did alright anyways.

-Paul
  • Options
    STONESTONE Posts: 15,275
    Congrats Paul.

It's a bummer about the cleaning, but you still have a nice looking coin there.
    Please post pictures when you can.
  • Options
    robecrobec Posts: 6,610 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice pickup Paul. Be sure and let us know how the giveaway is progressing.image
  • Options
    dbemikedbemike Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭