Home Stamps Forum

A coin collector asks "Forever stamps - are they collectable?"

Yeah, I know, sure they can be collected, but are they worth the effort?

Are there enough different designs to make a collection interesting?

I'm not sure what the USPS has put out so far and wanted some input from those in the know.

Comments

• Trebor - Only collectible if you plan on living forever.

If you want to collect moders, buy what nobody else is buying. I put away a couple pads of the Hawaii souvenir sheet, the Jamestown souvenir sheet and the Bierstadt. After a couple years there is usually a premium and I'll sell (probably should sell the Hawaii now).
    Richard Frajola
    www.rfrajola.com
  • KentuckyJKentuckyJ Posts: 1,871 ✭✭✭

There is as yet only one design having a few technical date related minor variations in printing. From my point of view, they are best used as postage.

• Richard I mailed singles of the Hawaii sheet with selvedge to myself and placed them so they received perfect contemporary sock on the nose machine cancels (dial with the date city etc) Reunited they look incredible, much scarcer than a hand canceled sheet for sure.

• << <i>There is as yet only one design having a few technical date related minor variations in printing. From my point of view, they are best used as postage. >>

Thank you! This was exactly the kind of info I was looking for. Seems a single stamp collection would not be worth the effort. image
  • Anybody hear or see of any major EFO's yet on the Forever Stamp?
  • Haven't there been some with missing diecuts? Maybe I'm just imagining it.