Home PCGS Set Registry Forum
Options

What ever happened to.....

<< <i>To avoid selling abuses and spam, this forum has the following rules: >>

<< <i>1. You may have one selling message per day. >>

<< <i>2. You may offer only PCGS-graded coins. >>

<< <i>3. Your message can offer up to 10 coins. >>

<< <i>4. Once your message has been posted you may not use “ttts” or other methods to keep your selling message near the top of the page. >>

Does anyone here think they are above the rules?
Can you look through the threads and see who the culprits are?
Should I list my coins and say, lets discuss these coins to keep it at the top?
I still have a bunch of coins from my retired registry set.
I have not tied up this forum with threads listing them.
And if you have a problem with this thread, then talk to PCGS, its their rules.
I want to think they apply to everyone, dealers, non dealers, rich guy, not so rich guy, even a little peon like me.image
Dan

Comments

• Options
    commoncents05commoncents05 Posts: 10,078 ✭✭✭
    If you're referring to MOC's thread, I don't think he did anything wrong. It's one minor post. If you don't like it, read the MPL threads.
    -Paul
    Many Quality coins for sale at http://www.CommonCentsRareCoins.com
  • Options
    lasvegasteddylasvegasteddy Posts: 10,408 ✭✭✭
    <<<If you're referring to MOC's thread, I don't think he did anything wrong. It's one minor post. If you don't like it, read the MPL threads.>>>

i agree

i just hope someone pm's me or directly replies in such a thread with concerns as i sometimes am unaware of my positions unless others speak up
    everything in life is but merely on loan to us by our appreciation....lose your appreciation and see

• Options
    al410al410 Posts: 2,403 ✭✭✭✭
    Threads like this is what keeps most people away from this forum. Ever notice how few posts there are compared to the number of collectors who have registery sets.

AL
  • Options
    SteveSteve Posts: 3,313 ✭✭✭
    I love THIS forum for the very reason that it is NOT crowded like the Coin Forum. It provides those of us who have a particular interest in certain Registry type coins to "talk about them" AND be able to read replies by others interested in the same topic. The instances where people use this forum to delibertly highlight a coin they want to sell is understood by those here and is usually ignored. The BST forum serves its purpose and THIS forum serves its purpose. I for one cannot possibily read or review EVERY thread on the Coin forum. Therefore I KNOW I miss some subjects and discussions I might like to read or participate in. Here I can follow every thread and that makes this forum great for me. Each of us use this forum the way we want to and as long as the rules aren't continually abused I'm happy with this forum. JMHO. Steveimage
  • Options

The PCGS rules are clear. If THEY want to build in exceptions to them it's THEIR call not some mopke that thinks he's above the rules.
  • Options
    Manofcoins - this thread couldn't be about you, for you have not offered any coins for sale. The way I read your thread, you were only pointing out that you had several coins listed in an up coming auction on Heritage. But you were not offering these coins for sale yourself so I don't see where you offered one coin let alone the max of 10 image
  • Options
    Dan50Dan50 Posts: 1,809 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Threads like this is what keeps most people away from this forum. >>

al410 Go on, crawl back over to the BST board.
    No one over there would DARE say anything to you for breaking the rules. image
    Let it be known I told MOC that he was NOT the point of this thread.
    Dan
  • Options
    ajiaajia Posts: 5,400 ✭✭✭
    Does anyone here think they are above the rules?

Silly question, quite a few do.
    They're usually the one's who get upset when it's pointed out.

Too bad there's no teeth behind the rules.....unless you mention certain 'companies'! image ......then 'POOF'
  • Options
    PawPaulPawPaul Posts: 5,845
    So you can not sell NGC coins here ?
  • Options
    RBinTexRBinTex Posts: 4,328
    Correct.

Not HERE on the Registry Forum.
  • Options
    garsmithgarsmith Posts: 5,894 ✭✭
    Cant we all just get along image
  • Options
    guess not
    Dan
  • Options
    Dan-

Are you referring to my last post about the Proof Lincoln? I ask because I think you sent your note after I started a discussion about one of my coins. If so, I merely was trying to gain information and educate other collectors. You even responded. If for whatever reaon it was me, a PM would be appreciated. Not meant to offend.

Duane
  • Options
    Duane it was a response to a 19Lyds Ike thread. Again it's people who think the rules DON'T apply to them.
    Dan
  • Options
    Thank you. I did not see the post, but appreciate you telling directly. There are a lot of us on the forum, and as you know, usually people don't even give a post much thought. maybe that's what happened here.

Take care.

Duane
  • Options
    19Lyds19Lyds Posts: 26,475 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Duane it was a response to a 19Lyds Ike thread. Again it's people who think the rules DON'T apply to them. >>

I've never felt I was ever "above" the rules or that rules "did not" apply to me.

I have mis-read the rules though, usually focusing on the first one that I spot instead of reading each and every rule.

My ttt on the registry forum was totally out of line and simply a followup for what I was posting on the BST boards. As you can see in my response to dbldie55, I was looking at the first rule.

I hesitated in responding to the "A-Hole" comment, which, BTW, I did not appreciate since the thread could have been posted without the name calling or titling, since it was obvious that I was wrong. Whenever I am wrong, I always accept that and make corrections.

Since the thread is there, I just deleted its contents. Those that are interested know what to do.
    I decided to change calling the bathroom the John and renamed it the Jim. I feel so much better saying I went to the Jim this morning.

The name is LEE!