Home Buy, Sell & Trade - Cards & Memorabilia

Beatles Picture Sleeves

Thanks guys for all the positive comments on the Stones slideshow. I just finished a Beatles slideshow, and for your viewing pleasure, here it is:
link

Comments

• WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭
    Very nice, I don't recall seeing "revolver' or 'abbey rd". is that because you don't have them? or they were not issued in UK?

Steve
    Good for you.
  • goose3goose3 Posts: 11,471 ✭✭✭
    which sleeve is the expensive one? I can't recall.

my old man is into that stuff.

Got any Butcher covers?
  • PSASAPPSASAP Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭
    Steve,
    Glad you liked the sleeves. These are picture sleeves of the Beatles 45 singles, Revolver and Abbey Road were 33 1/3 albums. Yellow Submarine was a single from the Revolver album, but there was no picture sleeve issued for Something/Come Together, the single from Abbey Road.
    I'm working on putting up an Elvis slideshow, so stay tuned.

Goose-The Can't Buy Me Love sleeve is the rare one, as it was only printed in the East Coast. I do have a butcher cover, peeled one myself. I'll post a pic of it soon.

Thanks,
    Duane
  • WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭
    Thanks for explaining what these are, I have many Original Beatle albums from when i was a kid.

I have one that was distributed by vee jay records and instead of the credits saying "Lennon McCartney' after each song
    it says McCartney-Lennon, with albums the pressing number is everything.

Steve

Good for you.

Hello to All ,

Nice show , many thanks .

As Steve states ' the pressing number is everything ' ...so true .

A recent sale of the Beatles ' White ' album sold for approx 22,000 Euros / £17,000 / $25,000 , it was numbered 000005 .

The guy who sold it also has another low number , i believe it was 0000018 .
  • jjwormjjworm Posts: 196 ✭✭

Not that it has any relevance to this thread, but I named my 11 month old daughter Penny Lane.

I guess you could say we are Beatles fans.

Collecting:

- Post War baseball HOF RC's
    - 1980's unopened baseball
    - All Mutoscope and American Beauties

• PSASAPPSASAP Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭
    cute name image
  • where do you get picture sleeves graded and @ what cost.

thanks
    theskypilotimage
    The Sky Pilot